Are we in a new housing bubble?

Are we in a new housing bubble?

Other urls found in this thread:

realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-bondi-125254054
nytimes.com/2016/07/17/upshot/why-land-may-not-be-the-smartest-place-to-put-your-nest-egg.html?_r=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hope so, gonna be looking to put my crypto earnings into real estate long term as should anybody with half a brain.

A bubble implies that there will be a crash though.

Didn't we bail out the banks and do nothing to actually address what caused the problem?

yes, i know. My post implied that i'd take advantage of the cheap real estate market once the bubble has burst

Yes. So it's already in the process of happening again.

Yes but it wont burst for two years. Just amass crypto gains to become a real estate mogul

yup same here. a huge housing crash in 2020 would be just peachy

There will always be demand for homes, which are in limited supply, but crypto is fake money that can be produced without limit. Crypto isn't an safe long term investment.

Did you make this post because you're in a freshmen geography/econ course? I teach through a college and one of the assignments is using GeoFred to determine whether or not there is another housing bubble underway. To answer your questions: yesish. I think certain areas are much more prone to bubbles than others but if you read the directions go ahead and compare other data points such as income, unemployment, etc. Don't simply rely on the housing price index brah.

Yep

nothing was fixed after 2008, if anything shit got worse because everyone involved learned they wouldn't be punished for foul play

>There will always be demand for homes, which are in limited supply
literally exactly what they said in 2008, lmao

Nah it'll come crashing down in no less than 4 years. Screen cap this.

Until then, I'll be scoping out prime real estate.

not as long as millions of immigrants are pumped into the country

Canadian here. We're in a bubble but as I understand it's a bit different. We dont give mortgages to burger flippers as far as I know. You have to have down payments and good jobs and shit. Isn't that what caused the American bubble? Lenders lending to minimum wage cucks? No down payments etc.

Look at the Sydney housing market. Everyone thinks they're an investor here.

realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-bondi-125254054

1.5 mil for a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. KEK

>purchased house in 2007
>10 years later
>worth only 10k less than what i paid

I live in it so its fine, but its on my mind everytime I hear people mention the housing market recovered and is in a new bubble.

nice iron hands, bro.

The housing prices in my area now much higher than even before the 2008 crash.

No, you have tons of Chinese millionaires buy up every bit of housing possible and artificially inflate prices

Where you at?

this

this is wear the profits from the worlds manufacturing base (which ironically used to be in those countries) is being put

Any asset outside of China, place is a corrupt shithole

I don't think so. And if we are, I don't think it will crash. Here's my reasoning;

Trump is a real estate guy. All of his net worth is in real estate. He understand it very well. Any economic decision he makes will improve his holdings (real estate value). So IMO his default response in any sort of crisis will be QE = printing more money = asset inflation = housing prices moon.

>Trump holds off the crash for his tenure, prints excess money, makes the build up worse
>leaves in 4 years, hands off to Democrat
>market utterly collapses in their 3rd year and the party never recovers

10d chess

desu I think it's more likely Trump was set up to be the fall guy.

Well, if anyone can stand there and bear it I guess

I don't think we're that close though, maybe if he gets reelected

The shemitah is coming

kek, if some manlet offered crypto to buy my house or car I'd laugh in his face and shut the door.

California

>implying we aren't in a bear trap

like bush did to obama?

nothing new here.

We're just now getting past those levels 10 years later. Land, and housing on the shorter term, will always appreciate. This is so basic why do you people not get it.

On average, land appreciates less the rate of inflation.
nytimes.com/2016/07/17/upshot/why-land-may-not-be-the-smartest-place-to-put-your-nest-egg.html?_r=1

You guys are far worse off

1. Chinese parking money in real estate in a few select markets.
2. No fixed rate mortgages like US. Your interests rate adjust and you can't be under on your mortgage if your house value drops at the time a revaluation
3. Low/no property taxes means people can park their wealth in housing.

LOOKS LIKE A DEAD CAT BOUNCE TO ME! TRUST ME I'M NOT PAJEET. 8 INCH.

>There will always be demand for homes, which are in limited supply

I remember when they were saying this in Japan and they were literally reclaiming land from the sea to build on (still are). Then house prices dropped over 60% and have never recovered.

It's all about access to cheap credit, nothing more.

>earnings

You cash in your crypto and buy real estate with that, tard.