Silver coins

Should i buy one 1 kilo coin or 35 1 ounce coins?
Buying 35 1 ounce coins would cost me 11 percent more.
Also, the 1 kilo coin is looking bretty A E S T H E T I C.

>Inb4 crypto shills

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillion_dollar_coin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck the premium.
buy a one kilo bar.

This, just buy bulk OP. You already get jewed on fees enough without buying smaller denominations.

>992g of silver would cost me 11% more than 1000g
It's simple math, you didn't need to kill a thread for this.

>silver
why do so many idiots fall for this meme?

Buy 35 1 ounce bars, forget coins, bars are cheaper for the same weight. Then buy kilos in the future. That way you have the more usable form of silver in hand for emergency and kilograms to build your wealth later.

Personally I think it will be hard to sell large bars when they are worth a lot more due to potential fraud. It's up to you.

Just open a leveraged position, who needs physical silver? lmoa

silver can be a good buy below 13 dollars an ounce.

You should go silverbullion, vault services at singapore
you pay market price, it's safe, almost free services AND you can lend your silver (risk safe contract, debt backed 1:2 with precious metals on the same site for the loaner to the creditor) for a 4-6% interest.

I can't understand phisical faggots, you're absolutly delusional.

Barter won't ever happen, for SHTF scenarios you will need PHISICAL CASH. And that costs nothing, just hold your paper. Normies will use paper even if it goes in a devaluation rampage, because they're normies.

Holding metals offshore is the best option out there, you have lot of opportunities like the one I mentioned or tools to liquify it or even make payments with (goldmoney).

Dinosaurs m8

>cash
>shtf

let me guess, you're a burger

what is it with you guys and silver? i see 4 silver threads. go buy some goddamn gold. not memeing. its better than silver in every regard.

Because you can get cheap silver in the states. Its currently sitting at a quarter of its value. People buying gold right now are stay poors.

Is silver taxfree in the US?
Gold is also cheap, you know. And far prettier.

Gold is undervalued but not as undervalued as silver.

>all these silver threads lately

Really brings some old Veeky Forums nostalgia, shame it's only done nothing but go down since I bought it at $21 all those years ago.

point me some inflationary scenario where normies have quitted using cash

This week in Venezuela, officials have stopped accepting their own currency for bribes.

i disagree. gold is the only asset that can and will repair the financial sector once the clusterfuck will collapse under it's own weight. gold is part of central banks reserves and it will be used to repair the system, I'm sure of that.

silver is just a commodity and will do horrible in a depression scenario.

yes bitcoin would profit too but were not talking crypto here

We are talking about your average person here not recovering your multibillion dollar bank.

exactly! can the average person buy paintings and castles and wineyards like Rothschild and Rockefeller? No. But the average person can buy small pieces of gold.

You know what happens when a currency collapses? Real stuff goes up while the paper holders are fucked. Gold is the king of real stuff.

The king will return to his throne. It is baked into the cake and has been for decades. Europe wants it, Russia wants it, Chinks want it and Oil wants it too.

Silver will do well but not half as well as Gold.

You going to carry 1/10th gram gold bars to buy a coffee with?

they've got 5 years to see it coming since the inflation train started

so faggot, tell me, what's laughable about stacking cash?

Nothing. No loss. It's not a hedge, it's an utility to keep going when shtf and not be lacking opportunities. Holding in a bank won't help, taking it out does.

Cash isn't going to lose value from a day to another. States/central bankers will parasite the hell out of anyone available to pay out w/e goes broke, it's a gradual process of decline and devalue, you don't factor normies.

Financial collapse, confiscation of funds, higher taxes are not so gradual tho

nope i'm gonna pay with litecoin silly

i do still have small silver coins from my doomer days too so if you're right I'll still get my coffee

money was once just valid certificates of gold ownership, it can be uses as the same already, well, moderniced, as it's digital certificates. And I'm not talking about EFS, but phisical audited gold you really own in safe places like switz, hong kong or singapore

this already exists, the tool is there

Cashs value goes one direction, down. There is literally no reason in the whole fucking world to stockpile cast. You can can stockpile literal shit and it will retain its value better than cash.

Does not work in the long run. Human greed will always destroy any system where other people tend to your real physical wealth and give you worthless notes. Its always best to own the gold and silver your self as nothing more than a store of value and use something else as your daily money.

But that was not the point of the post. Gold and silver have their place in a broken world. Gold has more value because of its rarity and can be used for larger transactions. Silver can be used for smaller transactions. Because it would be dumb to try to buy coffee with a gold hair, were as a silver dime, it something you can handle.

>Does not work in the long run. Human greed will always destroy any system

yes very true, the Goldstandard and other commodity backed systems have always been flawed. It's part of the argument for bitcoin actually.

The fiat system has evolved too. It is now divorced from Gold. But that doesn't mean that Gold plays no role. It is the best Store of Value the world has ever seen. That is a big role.

Have you never heard of Zimbabwe? If you only take European countries, try Bosnia in the 90s. There's also Venezuela right now.

It keeps happening and you keep refusing to listen. One paper fiat can crash and society keeps on running, the silver is used to get other paper fiat when you escape. Other people know this and it can be used to buy your escape.

And silver has always been right next to gold doing the exact same thing in its shadow. Yeah fiat has evolved in to being debt based. Ill take this time to share a quot you may or may not be aware of, now that debt is mentioned.

Gold is the money of Kings.
Silver is the money of Gentlemen.
Barter is the money of Commoners.
Debt is the money of Slaves.

Silver is fine but it is no alternative to holding some gold. That is all I'm saying.

We can all be kings.
Never in history has access to gold been better.

But right now silver is the element thats being suppressed and is far cheaper than it should be. Your standing in line at the super market and T-bone is on sale for half price but your fixated on the Top sirloin for no other reason that its in stock.

you cant purchase a fly out with a pile of shit

how is silver being suppressed? do you have any actual evidence or are you just quoting the legions of silver scammers? they have been in the game way longer than you think.

bix "road to roota" weir is even on the crypto train I see. not a good sign

And you cant purchase a 3 trillion dollar hotdog with that 3000 wad of Benjamin's you hide under your mattress.

man, you're naive to me, seems like you don't "get" why this monetary clusterfuck even started to happen

it wasn't greed or bad incentives, evil is always there, everywhere

there were just a void of arbitration in that regard, some peers got priviledges to keep doing fraud for a living because some stupid historical reasons (mostly religions)

where fraud is not consented, it doesn't happen systematically, so projection isn't valid, there's integrity and proper incentives out there, the world is big

the stupid thing is thinking about consuming cofee at a pub after a SHTF scenario

you need cash to brive your way out, if you plan to plan to use gold with people that don't have a clue about it, you're retarded

Look at the market value of silver compared to the total amount of silver and gold in the world. They should be nearly equal but they are not. But by all means dont take advantage of it. Other countries are. Just ignore historical deviance because you like the color of gold or something.

The volume and weight of 1M $ for both silver and gold and it's consequences are so extremely diferent and significant it instantly rekts poormetal hoarders

Let me tell you a story user.

There was this guy doing an interview on one of the programs I listen to. He was a journalist and he was headed in to Iraq or Libya, dont recall which shithole 3rd world country it was. Before he left his father who was worried about him gave him several silver coins just incase. Well while he was there shit hit the fan. The dollar literally became an illegal tender overnight. So he had to figure his way out of the country using whatever means he had. Lucky for him he had the silver. Now as the other user said, many plebs these days dont even know what silver is. Which worked to his credit as he was searched a few times and his silver was not confiscated because 80 IQ shitskins didnt know what it was. Again to his luck he was able to secure a flight out of that hell using those coins when he found someone who did know what they were.

I dont even know why im going through the trouble to try to educate untilling morons on the value of silver when it works against be because I plan to buy another kilo next month. But I guess I just love Veeky Forums that much.

if silver bullions need to use plastic bags to prevent degradation and need a lot more space to place it, a lot more vehicles and security to move it

It simply can't compete, if you want cheaper alternatives with better ratio of what I've mentioned you would be looking into platinium, but still, that shit can't compete with gold

silver is to gold like dogecoin is to btc

>There was this guy doing an interview on one of the programs I listen to. He was a journalist and he was headed in to Iraq or Libya,
There was this guy doing an interview on one of the programs I listen to. He was a journalist and he was headed in to Iraq or Libya,
There was this guy doing an interview on one of the programs I listen to. He was a journalist and he was headed in to Iraq or Libya,

and didn't expected dollars to become illegal tender in any imaginable scenario
wtf what about having paypal and convert your funds to euros, it's like you're not even trying m8

don't take me wrong, I understand your points are key BEFORE the internet

but now mate.. wtf.

You don't need anymore to explore spooky corners to bang whores.

you know why they are not equal? because the real whales of the world; the trillionaires, the centralbanks, governments, pensionfunds and oilsheiks are not buying any silver.

it's literally a problem of where to put it

this user gets it like I said, I own enough silver but I won't buy anymore

Can't buy bars in germany, the state of germanistan takes 19% of the price to ship in more 3rd worlders. Coins are subject to almost no taxes for some reason.

I decided to buy the the 1 ounce coins btw. I don't want to be that one asshole running around with a huge 1 kilo coin when shit goes down.

I can only see this bring a problem if you are living in a sardine can or perhaps you have a warehouse you need to fill.

you know what's taxfree? gold
sharia allows it too, so there is that

this

Already have gold. I don't have to autistically cling to one metal like some people in this thread.

while shitposting I've just learned more about platinium with an oh shit moment

it's actually scarcer than gold and undervalued, just 10% more weight per volume and more scarce, it's just an unpopular better meme, likely better than gold for longer perspectives

the only CONS I see is that it's located in south africa, and as I'm racist and it's turning a shithole I prefere to not fed up the statist/gangs up there parasiting the land they're siting and monopolizing completly

that's the only good thing about btc, mining is capitalistic
precious metals mining is not, as land is ultimately owned by cancerous states worldwide

ok me neither

I don't know much about Platinum
By all means go buy some

You should own both but right now you should be capitalizing on silvers price.

doesn't fit me right now, it's more volatile, I plan to spend my gold to invest on my education (parents/taxpayers paid one, got none), well, on my skill set, next year or later and platinium won't give me as good fees and risks

althought, from then on, if I keep the same mental models/shit is the same, I might even main platinium instead of gold

When buying coins, say UK gold britannia, is there any reason to keep them in the plastic packet?

I wanna buy a load and put them in a small wood pirate chest

Also these coins seem to be capital gains tax free since are official coins, that's a good reason to pay a premium if I intend to keep them as a several years investment?

t. Never bought precious metals before

I don't know about UK but in EU Gold is capital gains tax free. UK is still in EU so should be the same. You can take the coins out of the plastic that Gold has survived wars it will survive your stupid chest :)

>I might even main platinium instead of gold

don't. if that was a smart idea the rich or central banks would be holding platinum.

Mint condition coins are worth more as collectibles. They are gonna get scratched in a chest

Don't call my chest stupid nigga

It's not gonna make it harder to sell or anything since authenticity is suspect?

:(((

if you stick with bullion coins like krugers or phillies it doesn't matter

britannica is in between but you should be fine

you'll need a shit ton of fiat for that amount of gold in your non-stupid chest

hmm
first of all, you're overstimating central banks

central bankers don't understand the fundamentals behind holding gold or why it's a tradition

it's like tribal niggers bathing in mud to avoid sun burn while not realicing it's actually to avoid sun burn since the guy who found and understood its advantage

well, platinium is not a meme yet, but its fundamentals could be better than gold, altought its use as a wealth perservation tool as network is far behind, it has potential, could stay still for long tho

smart ideas always start as a minority group m8

you might want to buy a toy first, so you can have your chest to play with, before you get a real one and fill it with coins

Thanks.

Suck a dick

>first of all, you're overstimating central banks
>central bankers don't understand the fundamentals behind holding gold or why it's a tradition

out of 180000 tons of gold in the world more than 30000 tons are held by central banks

you think they don't understand why? you think they are stupid? stupid doesn't get you control of the money printing machine. at the very least they understand the reality of gold. don't fight gold. you will lose.

anyway, platinum could be good i honestly don't know. it the same reason I only buy cryptoCURRENCIES and no meme dapps or some shit i don't understand.

Keep buying goyims, it is on the rise.

I already spent all my money on the dip, or are you talking about silver and gold?

>
Silver sorry

This. I've been putting a piece of my income aside for silver every month for the last year, and while I don't have any gold yet I think silver will ultimately be more profitable.

I need a safe..

buy some gold

A POSTER AFTER ME OWN HEART!

youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY

generics like maples, eagles, brits have zero collectable value. they produce millions upon millions of them

>metal
>profitable
HAHAHAHA, wtf user, don't you realize this shit moves with inflation. All your saying when you buy a silver is "I don't want my money to disappear, but in a cucked faggot who doesnt like growth"

>Silver in bars and coins for market play and speculation.
>Gold in jewelry for SHTF escape
>Fruits, vegetables, clean water, medicine, and livestock for SHTF barter
>Lead bullion to protect it all
It's quite easy, really. Why so ignorant?

>how is silver being suppressed?
By banks issuing paper certificates to multiple parties for the same physical silver. On paper, the silver supply has increased - but if all involved parties withdraw "their silver" at the same time the bank could not possibly fulfill it's obligation since there's not enough of the real physical commodity to back those pieces of paper.

They do this on purpose, buy up as much real physical silver as they can, then rein in issuing paper and forcing the price of silver up. They are literally forcing their own gains through the silver market.

Actually US law specifically mentions platinum for certain things:

>The concept of striking a trillion dollar coin that would generate one trillion dollars in seigniorage, which would be off-budget, or numismatic profit, which would be on-budget, and be transferred to the Treasury, is based on the authority granted by Section 31 U.S.C. ยง 5112 of the United States Code for the Treasury Department to "mint and issue platinum bullion coins" in any denominations the Secretary of the Treasury may choose.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillion_dollar_coin

I barely survived this facepalm

>cash isn't going to lose value
Cant tell if troll or you're extremely stupid

>fiat wont lose value
>but it will decline to zero
i genuinely pity you for you will always be poor in every sense of the word