Born in america

>born in america
>ended up learning about the War of the Roses from pic related

>born in England
>ended up learning about War of the Roses from that game too

the absolute state of our history lessons

>born in Ireland
>learn about the War of Roses in my first year of secondary school (highschool for you amerifags)
wtf?

>born in Australia
>ended up learning about the War of the Roses from pic related

I first learned about it from horrible histories as a boy

my dad got a dirty great box of them at a yardsale

Shakespeare's Richard III.

So I guess I'm more cultured than the rest of you plebs.

>born in Poland
>ended up not knowing what war of the roses was

>Yu gi oh shit
>Not pic related
>Plz kys

>Born in Russia
>war of the roses is covered in 8th year history books
>teacher haven't mentioned it once

I only know it was a succession crisis with two families throwing shit at each other and that's it.

>born in America
>end up learning about the Wars of the Roses at the age of 9 from massive books about the british monarchy
I think I was probably the most informed 9 year old on the medieval British monarchy in North America. I had the family tree of every monarch dating back to Alfred basically memorized and could recite the years each king/queen reigned and could lecture a bit on what each king did.
Surprisingly I was never diagnosed with autism although it's in the family.

i was only taught about my own country's history and countries which were before my own like roman empire and greece

>never diagnosed with autism
I have news for you

Do tell

>>war of the roses is covered in 8th year history books

Wait, really? How in-depth are Russian history classes? Even here in the US classes where we tend to be Anglocentric pre-Revolution, we didn't cover the War of the Roses.

fucking same ive never met anyone else who played this game

>War of the Roses
literally who?

the father of henry VIII's backstory

It's very Eurasia centric and does an alright job at it.
The main focus is Russia and by extension eastern/northern Europe and all the nations we've interacted with. Not counting mongols, Poland probably gets the most attention.
This ate about 70% of the books with good detail.
France eats most of the remaining Euro history but nobody is really forgotten.

Meanwhile: South america only covered in a context of discovery and early colonization. There are probably no countries there.
Africa is mentioned as existing (once), South east Asia doesn't exist until Vietnam.

We've been through at least one revision since then, maybe even two (i'm 27) so I have no idea how detailed books are anymore or what's the focus. Putin was quite interested in making new history books as far as I remember.

We also had "history of the city" classes which covers well, entire history of my city (aka Russian Imperial dynasty and their hangouts) and related European history. So the actual history class had more space to work with.

what an interesting concept, to have a history class devoted to your city, it's seems medieval

at most you can buy a book about my town's history through the centuries at the generalstore, or at the bibliotheca

kek

>not learning about War of the Roses in AP european history
I mean, I think it was just a succession war btn two families.

>AP european history
what a nerd, AP world his. or bust

that class was not at my school. it was euro hist or nada in the AP department.

>born in Germany
>ended up not learning about the War of the Roses as a kid because pic related was only released in English

The YGO game is quite literally the historical War of the Roses with the people palette swapped with YGO characters.

>be Irish
>learn about the Battle of Clontarf through this album

>born in America
>ended up learning about the Wars of the Roses from Game of Thrones