IT'S HAPPENING

xbt.eu/

BIP91 (SegWit2x) 73.5%

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@stevenchen009/bitcoin-forks-ulterior-motives-cf953e4ec7e0
youtube.com/watch?v=rpeceXY1QBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ya it will be locked in this round the next 15 blocks will push it over 80 percent

In this round only 1 block has been mined for sw

Please God, let it happen!

Press F to spit on crypto the greedy chink miners win.

F

F

F

This is what you get for getting involved with fucking chinks

please explain why the 2x block size is bad

So if its above 80%, is it automatically over for now?

Yes

yes chinense miners can change the rules in th future =, this is a gorund test

Well until 6 mouths from now

when this thing below fills up 80% its actually confirmed

that would take ages

Press F to pay respects to LTC

Yo I'm a no coiner that's been watching eth and bitcoin the last 2 months. Wtf is this?

Guys since this is a soft fork, do I have to pull my BTC off an exchange or will it all update automatically?

xexr.com
/scaling-bitcoin-block-size-debate/

most exchanges say they will give you both but we all know how great exchanges can be

F

Ah I mainly use polo and topia they should be alright, wouldn't leave it on Yobit or Bitrex however

Okay anons, I need a basic gestalt.

74.9% now

I'm worried about this, too. I'm on Coinbase (I know, I should move). I was thinking about sending them to my blockchain wallet just in case. What are you guys thinking?

Hmm so this means I should invest heavily in bitcoin and eth?

i feel like something is going to take a lot of the confused normie market, can't help but think it's probably going to be ripple the cripple

how long does it take for segwit to get activated?

I'm aware of that. But what are the implications. So reading that chart OP posted we're looking like we're going to 2x, why wasn't 2x in anyones "triple scenario" case?

24 more hours

77%

77.0%

77.7%

You know...

History is happening before our eyes.

I'm glad to say that I'm happy I get to see it with my fellow anons.

Thank you.

I dont get it
how do miners get "too much power? with out it?

medium.com/@stevenchen009/bitcoin-forks-ulterior-motives-cf953e4ec7e0

78.4%

What is happening? Is this all a fabrication?

#fakenews?

STRAP IN MEN

Explain like I'm 5 pls is this good or bad? Buy BTC or sell

>medium.com/@stevenchen009/bitcoin-forks-ulterior-motives-cf953e4ec7e0

>which was written by the has been tested extensively.

so do we go long on btc once it hits 80%?

>its still at 78.4%

It's gonna happen in 3 hours or so when a big block of non-BIP91 blocks gets passed up in the last 144

still a good article.

2900 BTC July 27th cap this

Indeed

This should put the first phase of uncertainty to rest, but we already had that with earlier signalling yet we saw the rumor being sold heavily, what we are seeing is nothing more than what was expected. Risk still exists though so once some of that is confirmed lifted after smooth activation maybe we moon.

I'm actually struggling to correlate too much of the downtrend with this though, I'm seeing it as more coincidence but who the fuck knows. Either way hitting 80 days ahead of schedule is the best result we were ever going to get on this.

Lmao time to short bitcoin. 'Decentralized' my ass, I hope jihan dies a horrible death

Jihan say all your base are belong to us.

Just transferred ownership of btc to the chinks

Gtfo

how??

Why is this ahead 80 days? Wtf is segwit anyway just lighting speed fast or something

Bitmain calls the shots now

I can't speak for everyone, but my main problem with SegWit is that when implemented as a soft-fork, it can be deactivated just as easily as it was activated which would result in miners being able to steal funds.
In order to implement SegWit as a soft-fork, the anyone-can-spend transaction type needed to be repurposed as a SegWit transaction type. This was necessary since a SegWit soft-fork transaction must be still be seen as valid by a non-SegWit wallet/node.

If 51% of miners agree that SegWit should be deactivated (for whatever reason), then SegWit can be deactivated. This means that SegWit transactions change back into anyone-can-spend transactions. All BTC stored inside of a SegWit address will be spendable by anyone. Miners will obviously have first dibs on these so they will reap all of the plunder. This means that not only do miners have the ability to deactivate SegWit, but they also have the incentive. This is a very dangerous combination.

Had SegWit been implemented as a hard-fork, then this transaction type would not have been re-purposed. A new transaction type would have effectively been created for SegWit instead that has all of the wonderful benefits of SegWit (no transaction malleability, Schnorr signatures, linear sighash scaling, etc.).

I think all of the benefits SegWit has are amazing, but it's simply not worth the risk for many people to use.

tl;dr: Using SegWit transactions means you're opening yourself up for stolen funds. A hard-fork version of SegWit will have all of the benefits without the huge risk of theft.

It's not ahead 80 days, this happening was scheduled for this weekend but they went early.

So BTC is doomed and going to crash essentially then?

sure

Can we straighten out what the simplest outcomes are?
Like i understand the miners need to adopt the new standard. And we need 80% for it to happen smoothly, but if the miners don't do this, what happens, etc.

You just posted this on another thread:
Fuck off shill.

That's not what a soft fork and hard fork are. If you actually care to know, this is a very good presentation that explains it
youtube.com/watch?v=rpeceXY1QBM

Secondly, what you describe as a problem is exactly how a decentralized blockchain-based cryptocurrency like bitcoin is designed to work. Now that might be a problem to you, but then you have a problem with bitcoin as a whole, and not SegWit specifically.

Everyone gets fucked and the network is destroyed...

This won't happen.

If you think about it from a game theory perspective, in a decentralized network, everyone is acting for what's in their best interest.

Right now, miners can mine empty block, which increases fees for all of the users transactions... and why wouldn't they, they are making more money doing so.

This is eliminated with a segwit... miners are just posturing as if there is even a question of what will happen.

Devs set an ultimatum, and miners will fall in line. No one is going to tank the network over this it wouldn't make any sense... it's in no ones interest to destroy btc... and whales will destroy any new coin that pops up.

But was not Hardfork a meme?

yes it fucking was, the whales used it as a FUD to buy in low and make big gains when BTC moons again

I think I wrote that earlier post poorly. Reaching 80% is / was expected, nearly 90% already signaled the intention for this and now is just the miners actually following through on that.

I don't really see why we would have price movements on this - if anything it's good news and should have been priced in before intention was even really signaled.

possible

What if the price goes down because SegWit locks in?

sell the news as they say

JUST

this tbqh senpai
and it worked pretty well

So the original purpose of Bitcoin is dying tonight? Decentralization? I guess when good things start off decentralized it's only a matter of time before instituions are propped up and regulate it.

FUCK MY SHIT UP

Lol, if anything, the ability of developers outside of the Core/Blockstream cartel to implement Bitcoin code is suggesting even greater decentralization.

What's the deal with MTL?

The concept/whitepaper/team seem promising, and I never see shit about it anywhere

are you prepared

Does this mean the network will split or not? Yes, I'm retarded

$10,000 BTC in August, cap this.

It means if you sold over the last few days you're the biggest retard this world has even known

if it signals 80% it means the network will not split

79.8%

>Short 250k of Litecoin, 10x leverage, no stop loss

we made it

F

F

now what?

LIFTOFF IS IMMINENT, ALL ABOARD FOR THE MOON

>80.5%

80.5% SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

FREINDSHIP WITH ETH IS OVER
BTC IS MY NEW BEST FREIND NOW.

CRASHING THIS PLANE, WITH NO SURVIVORS

>all these panic sellers
Sweet, I can finally buy some cheap coins again!

THE PUMP IS STARTING

Post proof of a pump or GTFO

>off by 2