What's stopping me from buying someone's old ASIC and using it to mine shitcoins?

What's stopping me from buying someone's old ASIC and using it to mine shitcoins?

Efficiency

Nothing but it won't be profitable.

ASIC's are good at SHA256 hash. Not much else. A lot of shitcoins don't use this.

OP are you referring to mining MAGA? lol

Why would a person sell an ASIC on the second hand market? To make less money?

Yeah that's what originally inspired the idea, I saw people were pointing their ASICs at MAGA mining pools, and I figured they were left over from the Bitcoin mining days.

When it's no longer profitable for them?

Fair enough, I was thinking maybe people who didn't care enough to move their miner from shitcoin to shitcoin to make profit.

Bogcoin is sha256 desu. bought a Antminer s3 off ebay the other day for this shitcoin. Not a bad idea, shiet, if we can get a few biz heads to push some sha shitcoin to the chink asic miners, we might have a winer on our hannds.

Lol or you have optimistic idiots unable to anticipate difficulty increases. I sold an old BFL miner for 45 BTC after mining 25BTC myself.

Fucking thing made maybe 20 BTC for the rest of its life after I sold it.

LOL thats fucking crazy

this, watch the incoming used graphic card market soon.

ahahah, i was thinking the same! i was on ebay for an hour looking at scrypt asics.

I have a bunch of those gridseed gblade miners.... yes thet are great to mine shit coins. mined 500,000+ tradecoins when they were worth 2 sats. Now look at them.

Yes, they are profitable if you get lucky on mining an easy shitcoin.

i'd point those to the maga pools right now if i were you heh! going to meme hard

yeah imo that shit is gonna take off hard just due to the fucking losers on /r/the_donald...LE TIP FOR TRIGGERING THAT LIBERAL! IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF /r/ALL SAW WE INVENTED OUR VERY OWN INTERNET CURRENCY! TO THE TOP! MAGA!

they're already getting dumped on ebay.

can I get a quick rundown?

We need a tip bot or something to start exposing it to them.

Here's The Quick Rundown on Bogcoin

>Centralization bows to Bogcoin

>There is no Bitcoin, only Bogcoin

>In contact with quantum computers

>Possess memetic-like abilities never before seen in a "meme coin"

>Controls all of your Cryptocurrency wallets with an iron but fair fist

>Own mining centers & GPU manufacturers globally

>Was created by a direct descendant of the ancient royal blood line

>The 1% premine of Bogcoin will help bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)

>Bogcoin will also be be the first cryptocurrency to bypass the moon and go directly to Mars.

>Own 99% of cryptocurrency programming facilities on Earth

>First designer cyrptocurrency will in all likelihood be Bogcoin

>Bogcoin is said to attract investors and data miners with 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51

>Ancient scriptures predicted Bogcoin, the similarity between the Bogcoin logo and the Mayan Calendar is said to be the first sign of the prediction. On an ayahuasca retreat with Mayan elders the creator of Bogcoin of had a vision and saw that Apocalypse is not the the end of the world but the unveiling of the truth, a revelation. The creator also saw visions of the ancient gods of Chaos Kek, Eris, and Hundun which foretold that the worlds financial markets are about to collapse and there needs to be one meme coin to rule them all.

>You likely have Bogdabots inside you're computer ready to mine crypto and make you some fucking money right now.

>Bogcoin is in regular communication with the greek God Chronos, forwarding the word of technology to the people through time travel and timeline manipulation. Who do you think told Alan Greenspan that economy is about to crash in 2006, leading to him leaving his position at the Federal Reserve to pursue the development of Bitcoin under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto?

>The Prophet Baba Bogda foretold that in the future a group of 144,000 virgins, NEETs and nerds would gain enough "minding"(mining?) power along with an algorithm said to be "the mathematical fingerprint of God" and would break humanity free from the super-computer matrix that has enslaved us for 2000+ years.

>The lead developers learned fluent Computer Science, Memetic Marketing and Cryptography in under a week

>Nation states entrust their crypto currency reserves with Bogcoin. There will be no Bitcoin backing the Bitcoin ETF, it will be in the Bogcoin Crypto Vault.

>Crypto currencies are about 1 decade old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society

>In reality, they are timeless forms of exchange and voluntary action existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. The ultimate goal is to usher in an age of understanding, enlightenment and collaboration in a decentralized economy. We hope they're benevolent currencies.

Yeah, but that's the point. People try to hock their crap once the price of electricity exceeds the money output. You're not going to do any better unless you're using Chinese electricity.

bogwallet won't sync, wat do
where to find nodes?