So, When did you grow out of your Byzaboo phase and realize that the Western Roman Empire was superior in every way?

So, When did you grow out of your Byzaboo phase and realize that the Western Roman Empire was superior in every way?

*collapses*

>superior in every way

>Poorer
>Less developed
>Doesn't contain the Holy Land
>Britain
>Raped to death by Barbarians

Nah

Why didn't the Romans abandon the not so useful territories like Britain? The WRE could have abandoned the Brits and focused their efforts on preserving the important parts of their Empire.

They did
Britain was abandoned in 410 because it just wasn't important enough

>actually has Rome
>Nobel people of Italy, Iberia, and Gaul unlike Byzantine Empire infected by homo Greeks and Jews
>Devout Nicean Christians unlike eastern Arian and Coptic Heresy
>Had way better generals
>had proper Roman legions
>fell to fellow Europeans instead of Turks

Yeah seems pretty superior to me

But that was almost before the fall, when it was too late.

The WRE still easily could've lasted in 410. It wasn't really until the death of Majoran that it clearly had no chance

>Poorer
Unproven and unimportant
>Less developed
Lies you gyro eating filth
>Doesn't contain the Holy Land
Enjoy dealing with Jewish zealots who open the gates during every siege
>Britain
a.k.a. the back up light of civilization
>Raped to death by Barbarians
Because of eastern treachery

When you think about it from the perspective of a person's lifetime 66 years isn't that short a timespan.

One word:

I C O N O C L A S T

Were North Africa any important in the Roman empire?
There are a bunch of emperors who are berber, much like the first governers of Britania.
Why is North Africa so retarded today?
Is it because of Islam?

>Were North Africa any important in the Roman empire?

Modern day Tunisia was the wealthiest and most urbanised part of the Western Roman Empire.

>There are a bunch of emperors who are berber, much like the first governers of Britania.

I believe only Septimius Severus was and he likely only distantly. He was more culturally Punic.

>Why is North Africa so retarded today?

Islam and desertification due to Arab Bedouin fucking up the Maghreb in the late first millenium.

>Is it because of Islam?

Partially.

You misspelled Roman Republic

>superior in every way
>had Britain
There you go

Wasn't Caracalla from the Maghreb? Or is that just memeing.

>Tfw you get off to watching your kingdom get fucked by Europeans and only Europeans

That the west was poorer, much poorer than the east is a well known fact, whether you like it or not. I would recommend you a book, but this is such a basic fact, I'd need you to pick up babbys first book of roman history.

>Less developed
Martin Goodman, has this to say:
>Similarly, in northern France Celtic hill-top sites.. ..rarely stayed in occupation in the imperial period
>Life in the civitas already situated on lowland sites seem to have continued under Augustus little changed from the Late Iron Age.
>Thus it is probably significant that Lutetia, the capital of the civitas of the Parisii, which lay on the site of Paris, preserved after antiquity its tribal rather than its urban name.

>a.k.a. the back up light of civilization
a.k.a the literally poorest province in the empire, good for nothing but tin export.

Caracella was Septimius Severus' son.

They were likely ethnically Libyo-Punic (so some Berber in there).

>no urban tradition outside military bases (Unlike the east)
>administration based on corrupt senators (unlike the east)
>no breathing space (unlike the east)
>lots of enemies (unlike the east)
>unable to remove barbarians from high command without causing revolts (unlike the east)

>superior

lol

>proven and documented
>lacks urban tradition or taxation
>no real religious unity, just the pope who comes to hand out crowns to anyone who will stop him being raped
>implying Britain isn't a backwater

porquenolosdos.jpg

"I'm a Romaboo and a Byzaboo. I'm both." - President Donald Trump (PBUH)

>Unproven and unimportant
Jesus mate Asia minor had the richest provinces for hundreds of years.

>Were North Africa any important
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a native speaker.

>no breathing space
>no urban centres
You can't have your cake and eat it

The western half was the better one because they resisted Christianity the longest. The world was a wonderful place before Christianity ruined everything. Gays could fuck each other, everyone could have orgies, people hit hard drugs, and then Christians came and guilt-tripped everyone into stopping. If I had a time machine, I'd kill Constantine in his crib so Christianity could just be another backwards religion in the Middle East

>Implying the most exciting periods of Roman history didn't take place when it was still a Republic

Breathing space means 'areas that barbarians aren't raiding into'

>fell to fellow Europeans instead of Turks

At least the Ottoman Turks were one of the greatest imperial powers in history. The WRE fell to subhuman savages from backwater parts of Europe. Also I doubt the Latin peoples regarded them to be "fellow Europeans"; they were referred to as 'barbarians' for a reason.

Macrinus was the only Berber Roman emperor

Caracalla was Punic, Italian and Syrian

Name two western Roman cities as great as Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch or Jerusalem

Rome, Syracuse and Eboracum.

Christianity saved Europe m8

>Name two western Roman cities as great as Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch or Jerusalem

Londonium

Lyon

saying the gallo-roman west lacked urban tradition is just plain stupidity. the guals had lots of small cities long before the romans came. Add to that the huge cities around the western mediterenean and you get a very well urbanised
teritory.
britain did have some important trading spots, but was indeed mostly a backwater

> londinium
> meme answer

Rome,carthage, syracuse, carthagensis and massilia

Western Europe as a whole was significantly poorer than ERE until the 13th century at least.

>Londinium
>some provincial backwater on par with Roman capital
Is this bait?

Why didn't they just move their capital to Britain and build a navy?

I always see less developed as part of the reason for its fall but why is it that the western half wasn't as developed

>why did they not just leave the rich urbanized and fertile provinces and move to some backwater irrelevant island

Well in modern times it certainly got the better end of the stick.