Deuteronomy 14:8

>Deuteronomy 14:8

>And the pig, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.

Why do Christians get mad at Muslims for not eating pork when their own Holy Book says you shouldn't eat pork?

>There are people this ignorant being allowed to post

Don't eat swine you fucking heretic

Muslims are the new fedora tippers

Not op, but equally as ignorant. Can you explain why is this not right? Also, I want to know why homosex is bad but wearing clothes made from different threads is ok.

Not him but here is my attempt to explain it.

The relationship between the old testament and the new is a rather complex one.

The old testament is a messianic faith and many of the rules laid down in it would or should be dropped when the messiah (aka baby jeebus) arrives. The old testament with its strict rules can be seen as a sort of contract between gods chosen people and him, the messiah would fulfill and end this contract. Christians don't circumcise themselves, they don't sacrifice lambs, they eat shellfish etc etc.

However the new testament is a bit sparse on rules so a bunch of guys decided to incorporate old testament laws into Christianity. The whole section of food restrictions was left out because Jesus in the New testament literally said idgaf what you put in your body, only what comes out of it. Pic related is mostly used as the basis on which Christians can eat everything.

Deuteronomy is old testament.
Old testament is overwritten by new testament.
/thread

So, regarding homosexuality, it was just a choice? How can you say something is law because it is in the book but disregard the rest of the book? Isn't that contradictory? How do modern theologians defend the selective reading of the bible in this regard?

There are Mitzvoh applicable to the Jews and Mitzvoh applicable to Non-Jews. That particular Mitzvoh is not applicable to Non-Jews and they are in fact forbidden to follow it.

jesus confirmed ok for sucking dick

The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.” This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.
Acts 10:9-16

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Romans 1:26-27

The Old Testament also says that women should veil their heads, but Western "Christians" get mad at Muslim women for veiling their heads

Well the bible was written over a longer period of time so the degree to which old testament texts were incorporated was accepted.

Selective reading is the staple of most religions. The Catholic church has been adapting or changing its position since its inception really. Biblical literalism is a recent trend of American protestants and the like.

If reading religious text literally was the goal you wouldn't need churches, theologians, imams. The same goes for laws, you wouldn't need lawyers and judges if everything was written clear.

Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.
1 Corinthians 11:14-15

This isn't selected reading. The Bible is not just a set of rules and laws, it is an understanding of what the coming of Christ means. The old testament chronicles the direct covenants God made with the Israelites to underline and inform how important the Messiah truly is.

It's not being ignored, the breaking of these convenents is a gift Jesus gave to us.

it's not gay to suck dick bro

>Biblical literalism is a recent trend of American protestants and the like.
t. has read literally nothing in the early church or the reformers

Temporary efforts at best.

The former were branded as heretics and the latter group split into a zillion denominations.

Yep, you're clueless

Care to list an example to the contrary.

Nope. Do your own research.

wait, wait, wait... So every christfag against homosexuals believes in this because the structure of the church is divine and hence all the selection and contradictions are so? Can I start a christian religion where it's ok to suck cock but God hates shrimp eaters and people who dress in wool and cotton simultaneously?

This shit is bananas!

Do your own research.

You're a kind person. I can tell.
I won't do my research, it is your fault that now I think all christfags are retarded.

They are.