What do you guys think of him? will cleaning my room really fix my life?

What do you guys think of him? will cleaning my room really fix my life?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125420156/#125420156
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pseud

meme philosopher.

>he's going to be included in those philospher meme pictures now

I pity the young men. They have no great thinkers and heroes to lean on.

I don't agree with his more meta-physical views, but yes cleaning your room and aiming towards self-improvement will make you a happier person

One of the greatest philosophers of these times, like Molyneux.

Too self-helpish for my taste, plus the fact that he's a huge meme on /pol/ doesn't help.

well he is the guru of the millennial generation. and what great philosophers did your generation had?

pretty based

>t. dirty room

>le dorf ort

Kek. I bet you think you are really smart. Go and donate for autism bux to Jordan.

I am actually ingenious thank you very much, I can efficiently manage a fort with more than 200 (!) Dwarfs.

I bet you don't even engrave your floors.

I don't disagree with Peterson views, i like the fact that he is encouraging people to improve themselves but i wish he didn't had a meme status and a fanbase mainly composed of /pol/acks that go on like "shadilay praise kek SAVE YOUR FATHER"

I think that's kind of the fate of anyone who can articulate a position against contemporary left wing/university culture, though. There are so few that whoever does it is just bound to have legions of fanboys turning his/her every word into a meme.

I like him and think that his lectures are genuinely interesting, especially when he gets into applied psychology, but it is annoying that it's becoming more difficult to say that out loud without being associated with the /pol/ crowd.

what is this beautiful structure and how many lashes for never seeing it before?

The entrance to the Pura Lempuyang temple in Bali.

10 lashes.

He got a lot of undeserved publicity by calling out trannies and special snowflakes but if you listen to any of his actual lectures, he doesn't really have anything to say beyond "just learn to deal with your problems," "clean your room," and "it may not be a perfect system but it's the best there is."

He also is fond of shaming young men in particular for not being heroic enough or something but he doesn't dare say anything remotely critical about wymyn and their unrealistic expectations and princess complexes. Probably because he's aware that while attacking transfaggots may have caused a bit of turmoil, going on the offensive against women will make him lose his job for sure and he'll end up posting the rest of his lectures from his room.

This. Anyone with a brain can tell you that the tumblrinas are fruitcakes. His admonishments of young men for not wanting to participate in a society that views them as either a disposable asset or as a threat to be contained are laughable.

>get high
>realize life is a mess
>most obvious immediate thing i can do is clean
>clean a room
>life still a mess

I never heard of him but he sounds like an enormous faggot.

"I will never use words I hate, like the trendy and artificially constructed words "zhe" and "zher." These words are at the vanguard of a post-modern, radical leftist ideology that I detest, and which is, in my professional opinion, frighteningly similar to the Marxist doctrines that killed at least 100 million people in the 20th century.

I have been studying authoritarianism on the right and the left for 35 years. I wrote a book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief, on the topic, which explores how ideologies hijack language and belief. As a result of my studies, I have come to believe that Marxism is a murderous ideology. I believe its practitioners in modern universities should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to promote such vicious, untenable and anti-human ideas, and for indoctrinating their students with these beliefs. I am therefore not going to mouth Marxist words. That would make me a puppet of the radical left, and that is not going to happen. Period."

I mean the pronoun thing is annoying but hardly pol pot killing everyone who wears glasses. I can't believe he has a degree.

>philosopher meme pictures
Are these similar to the ones that worship e-celebs? Pic related is an example, I threw up in my mouth a bit.

I've seen a few of his psychology lectures. Unsurprisingly, when talking about his actual academic field, his information is pretty good, and he has some useful things to say.

His philosophy lectures are absolute garbage. I'm surprised no one has mentioned his claim that faith in God is necessary for any kind of objective knowledge. If he wasn't in the public eye for making statements that basically cater to /pol/ (including talks about Pepe and Kek), no one would take him seriously.

>someone actually took the time to draw that and thought it was a good idea to then publish on the internet

...Seamus?

I know, it was funny as fuck though when I posted it to /pol/ archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125420156/#125420156

It seems academics attempting to be le polymath and step outside of their field without proper education end up getting owned pretty easily whenever faced up with someone in that field who knows what the fuck they're talking about from the beginning.

Maybe it's best for most professors to stick to their major.

that picture is so fucking cancerous. and they debased are nige to boot. fucking reeee etc etc

Building on Peterson has decent philosophy - watch his talk with John Vervaeke. If you hear his lectures with a good understanding of existential philosophy, the guy has some great insights within his class lectures. His belief in God is irrelevant; the majority of what he says has worth even without the viewer having a theistic premise.

I'll def admit he's a bit too meme'd for his own good, but no reason to throw him in the trash.

But those are the words of a demagogue. To me, they're not meant to be factual, or even logical. Those words play to the desires of a target audience - namely those who already detest marxism and liberalism. He's saying what his target audience wants to hear. And he'll be popular for having said it. Factually and logically unsound as it is.

>people are taking him seriously because of his talks on Pepe and Kek
youtube nuphilosophy was a mistake

I don't get that at all. I don't think he is fond of shaming men and I think he is critical on women quite a bit. From what I gather he basically talks about how feminism has created nu-males, which is a problem for men and women. He criticizes and "shames" women who think they never want to have kids and thus focus on their careers until it is too late to start a family. He argues strongly that women should wake up to the fact that they have different temperaments from men and, are essentially, meant to fulfill the role of the mother.

I would place Peterson leagues above any of those as he actually has an education and career in the main topics of his intellectual discourse unlike milo who is just a loud faggot or benjamin who is just an amateur intellectual

he has a good point though about compelled speech. People asking you to use their pronouns is one thing, legislation being in place forcing you to use those pronouns is something different.

I think he's a positive influence. Sure, he's not the modern Jesus some people make him out to be, but it's good that he's bringing stuff like Jung and Solzhenitsyn to the forefront. I think there's merit to that. Oh, and cleaning your room probably means more than just cleaning your literal room and probably refers to organizing your thoughts.

>more than just cleaning your literal room
yes and no
he argues the mere act of organizing your physical room and keeping in that way requires planning and discipline, which i don't think anyone can argue against
cleaning your rooms is the one self-improvement, self-discovery activity anyone, regardless of how fucked up they are, can do and the first step to organizing your thoughts, recognizing who you are, etc, etc.

Why does everyone call him a philosopher when he's a psychologist?

he focuses in on themes like truth, belief, religion, morality, and metaphysics. Even if you don't call him a philosopher he mentions a lot of philosophers and philosophical themes.

Seems kinda histrionic. Like his weird bit of paranoia that this business with alternate gender pronouns is some sort of authoritarian Marxist conspiracy.

>authoritarian Marxist conspiracy.
if canada had passed the law he protested about it would have been hellish
as an employer you were legally responsible for any infringement your employees made about the preferred pronouns of another person, consider how many of those exists and how they can be created ad hoc at any time by any body and realize how bad it would have been

It was none the less, not an Marxist conspiracy to control language.

Fair point, but that doesn't mean he's actually worthy of his reputation among internet nerds.

he'll go the way of Slavoj Žižek and fade over time

that's pretty hyperbolic. I watched him explain his feelings about marxism and post modernism on JRE just now and he explains that the college leftist community is a collective like christianity where each member only knows a few fragments of the post modern/cultural marxist philosophy and acts out their necessary role because according to him people don't have ideas, ideas have people. He never claimed there was any conspiracy, he just doesn't want to see where rampant leftist ideology has for us next because he doesn't like what he sees now. Violence is all too common in groups like antifa already, and at Berkley you even see college professors rioting in full wannabe anarchist regalia.

All philosophers and great men were memes in their own time.

There doesnt have to be a conspiracy for it to be real

>being this bluepilled

You're an idiot. He outright says in one lecture that women need to wake up and realize that the only thing that will give their lives meaning is to have a child and be good wives.

You're taking the word conspiracy literally. Obviously nobody is crazy enough to claim that there's some Marxists in a room handing down instructions.

It's just that you have professors that got their education in a retarded ideology that produce retarded mouthpieces that spew retarded nonsense. These people then go out and try to "change the world" by enacting that dumb ideology.

And you can see this in the laws they try to pass and their fucking behavior. How exactly is this not true? Do you live under a rock?

its like Peterson tries to say, these people are not consciously aware of what exactly they are doing but just "playing their part"

Motherfucker, does that make them less of a threat? I swear.

I wasn't saying they are less of a threat, I was backing up the point that while there is not a consciously aware body masterminding a "conspiracy", there is still a very real threat this kind of ideology presents. I'm not the guy you were responding to, I'm just piggybacking off of what you said

My bad. I thought it was that guy trying to give me some deterministic excuse for why they're not a guilty party.

genuinely nauseous looking at that pic desu

>there is not a consciously aware body masterminding a "conspiracy"
Pure ideology.