Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the Ottoman Empire was the comfiest in history?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the Ottoman Empire was the comfiest in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ou-ZMYyKvxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>you will never anally rape your concubines while high on opium

not with that attitude nigga

If you like raping little boys and getting cucked out of power by your own slaves, then sure.

Too comfy. They comfied themselves to death.

They were the most tolerant and progressive empire of their time.

I already miss being in the same century as the. Or will miss it.

Don't believe the feminist propaganda. The women wanted it.

Explains why they were so shit.

Your religious freedom is contingent on you accepting dhimmi status and paying the jizya, and of-course you must be a christain or a jew...
>Christians and Jews were official in the government
kek, out of necessity though, it wasn't born out of affirmative action

you are juding them by 21st century standarts
ottocucks should have gone the way how france went against hugenots. take a look at the east, the genocided the armenians, and now most of the descendants of armenians who were killed now think they are turks

If Ottomans followed their genocidal polciy not in early 20st but in early 15th century, most of the eastern europe would have been asimilated by now, and would shrug off the atrocities in a similar way persians shrug of the sunni genocide and shiafication of persia in 16th century. It woudl just be a footnote about how once upon a time eastern europe was the center of orthodoxy, just like how persia was the center of sunni islam.

But rather than that ottomans apporached their subject enough apathy that they did not bothered to assimialte them, but had no problem of taxing them dry. At the end that became their demise, a huge populace who still had their identity but also remembering the mistreatment they recieved.

They should have raped and pillaged and converted everyone by sword, then people of balkans would see them in a more neutral way. Similar to Romanians who consider Romans who genocided them and later settled in their land as ancestors, even erecting a monument for Trajan, how many dacians he butchered I wondered.
If Dacians were not managed to get assimialted by the influx of roman settlers, modern day "dacia1 would see romans in a very very very different way.

No. Why would they be the comfiest empire in history? What defines "comfiest" and what criteria makes it comfy? I'm pretty sure Pax Romana era Roman Empire, Sassanid Empire, British Empire, First French Empire, etc...were comfier than them.

I'm having a hard time trying to argue this, can anyone else step it. I know too little on the genocidal practices of the Ottomans. probably do to my liberal arts degree from lefty university.

The Ottomans wouldn't have been able to assimilate them all. We're talking about huge swaths of land with diverse populations. Compare that to France or Persia like you mentioned who had to deal with one demographic.

No...they fuck you in the ass

orientalist fantasies desu

also sex slaves and harems were real so if you have some money it'd be a comfy life

>Persia
>monoethnic
>France
>monolingual

LITERAL THREAD THEME

youtube.com/watch?v=ou-ZMYyKvxg

Lifestyle
Lying on carpet smoking hookah and watch belly dancer everyday on your private Harem
can't get any comfier than this

>Persia
Just Sunnis as he said.

>France
Just the Hugenots as he said.

For the Ottomans, they would have needed to get rid of Greek, Serbian, Bosniak, Croatan, Bulgarian and Albanian Identity, which would have been a tremendous task.

What a fantastic meme, their "toleration" was being well below second-class citizens, being enslaved, and tax farmed. It's poetic justice how strong the christian Janissaries became and cucked their dumb empire.

WE WUZ SULTANS AND SHIET

>Sex
>On opiates

Rather have GHB or meth