How in the flying fuck is this art? It's just a fucking soup can

How in the flying fuck is this art? It's just a fucking soup can.

I think its an excellent representation of the Armenian genocide

you can really feel the message the artist was trying to impart and I'm glad I was part of the experience

yeah but the design is impeccable...instantly recognizable and it makes people talk too, hell you're talking about it right now

thread #9032392 that's stupid

yes andy warhol was a shit artist

yes a goddamn soupcan is lazy as fuck

diaf

Haha no you see it's all representation and it (((makes you think))).

>He doesn't get it

its satirical you goddamn heathen.

>he doesn't understand the deep symbolism and sub-par taste of the masterpiece

That's a screenprint

that's not a soup can

that's not an argument

Whats the matter? 2deep4u? Maybe a more easily digestible art piece like Lucky Star is your speed.

>How in the flying fuck is this art?

Its primary value is allowing pseuds to impose their own meaning upon it and then be condescending and pretentious to people who don't "get it."

I think the whole point is that you give it your own meaning. It's the first thought of what you think of when you see a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup that gives you an impression. It can be represented in many ways to many people due to that first thought that comes to our heads.

>there are plebeians who don't find the meaning of life and inherent value in paintings of soup cans

kyslvs

Norman Mailer said that Andy Warhol is unique - He is only genius with IQ 75.

It's not art because it's a soupcan, it's art cuz he got people to pay to see a soupcan.

this. warhol was more of a businessman than an artist, either way he was pretty damn smart.

the only meaning of this was Andy Warhol saying "fuck you art means nothing here's a soup can"

An artist is somebody who produces things that people don't need to have.

Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person good night. I used to think that everything was just being funny but now I don't know. I mean, how can you tell? Sex is the biggest nothing of all time. I always wished I had died, and I still wish that, because I could have gotten the whole thing over with. It would be very glamorous to be reincarnated as a great big ring on Liz Taylor's finger.

Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.

I like this one better: "In the future, everyone will be famous to 15 people."

Art is for the artist is only suffering through which he releases himself for further suffering.

Franz Kafka

In third grade, Warhol had Sydenham's chorea (also known as St. Vitus' Dance), the nervous system disease that causes involuntary movements of the extremities, which is believed to be a complication of scarlet fever which causes skin pigmentation blotchiness.[12] He became a hypochondriac, developing a fear of hospitals and doctors. Often bedridden as a child, he became an outcast at school and bonded with his mother.[13] At times when he was confined to bed, he drew, listened to the radio and collected pictures of movie stars around his bed. Warhol later described this period as very important in the development of his personality, skill-set and preferences. When Warhol was 13, his father died in an accident.[14]

Warhol died in Manhattan at 6:32 a.m. on February 22, 1987. According to news reports, he had been making a good recovery from gallbladder surgery at New York Hospital before dying in his sleep from a sudden post-operative cardiac arrhythmia.[52] Prior to his diagnosis and operation, Warhol delayed having his recurring gallbladder problems checked, as he was afraid to enter hospitals and see doctors.[47] His family sued the hospital for inadequate care, saying that the arrhythmia was caused by improper care and water intoxication.[53] The malpractice case was quickly settled out of court; Warhol's family received an undisclosed sum of money.[54]

Shortly before Warhol's death, doctors expected Warhol to survive the surgery, though a revaluation of the case about thirty years after his death showed many indications that Warhol's surgery was in fact riskier than originally thought.[55] It was widely reported at the time that Warhol died of a "routine" surgery, though when considering factors such as his age, a family history of gallbladder problems, his previous gunshot wounds, and his medical state in the weeks leading up to the procedure, the potential risk of death following the surgery appeared to have been significant.[55]

Warhol was gay.[118][119] Interviewed in 1980, he indicated that he was still a virgin—biographer Bob Colacello who was present at the interview felt it was probably true and that what little sex he had was probably "a mixture of voyeurism and masturbation—to use his [Andy's] word abstract".[120] Warhol's assertion of virginity would seem to be contradicted by his hospital treatment in 1960 for condylomata, a sexually transmitted disease.[121] It has also been contradicted by his lovers, including Warhol muse BillyBoy who has said they had sex to orgasm: "When he wasn't being Andy Warhol and when you were just alone with him he was an incredibly generous and very kind person. What seduced me was the Andy Warhol who I saw alone. In fact when I was with him in public he kind of got on my nerves….I'd say: 'You're just obnoxious, I can't bear you."[122]

Warhol was a practicing Ruthenian Catholic. He regularly volunteered at homeless shelters in New York City, particularly during the busier times of the year, and described himself as a religious person.[135] Many of Warhol's later works depicted religious subjects, including two series, Details of Renaissance Paintings (1984) and The Last Supper (1986). In addition, a body of religious-themed works was found posthumously in his estate.[135]

Andy Warhol – IQ 86. Andy Warhol was an incredibly gifted creative genius, but by standard IQ tests he falls in the range of dullness which is between borderline deficiency and average.

>Draw a polish flag
>put it on a can upside down

Why is this allowed