Why have student rebellions typically failed?

Why have student rebellions typically failed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dGuRBDbZ86I
youtube.com/watch?v=hcMvj7ILXzU
youtube.com/watch?v=5zU5hG6-FkE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisakti_shootings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_1998_riots_of_Indonesia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they're students, if they had been soldiers or at least veterans they'd stand a better chance

This. Kids are fucking dumb. Think of all the idiot student protesters and demonstrators today. Do you think they're particularly unique in history? No, student revolutionaries have always been that lame and stupid. Now imagine them trying their hand at overthrowing something.

Uh, have you heard of Iran, OP?

this pretty much. having read a lot of history all the instances of student rebellion i've read about failed hard.

>Soviet east Europe
>Iran
>US Vietnam war

All only in the 20th

You fuckin' stupid?

I def do agree the majority of student protests today are quite stupid but i most civilly disagree that student rebellion has a bad history. what about the tinker v. des moines supreme court case?

Student rebellions only happen because teachers can seperate personal shit from their work. Fuck them

Didn't the students of some English University rebel because the dean let the beer run out? I think that one worked.

Well to be honest, compared to other student rebellions, that was a legitimately noble cause

>>US Vietnam war
>implying students had any hand in ending that
It was the rest of the US public realizing how much the war was costing, and general war fatigue, not some hippy fucks in Berkely chimping out.

my university played important part in the movement that ousted soeharto dictatorship in 98, you got lots of crazy stories from the teacher and the alumnus like the military actually shooting the demonstrator from building rooftop. student movement was serious business back then, shame it died down now for some reason

youtube.com/watch?v=dGuRBDbZ86I
youtube.com/watch?v=hcMvj7ILXzU

english
youtube.com/watch?v=5zU5hG6-FkE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisakti_shootings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_1998_riots_of_Indonesia

WHat if they're both?

Well then you're in business user

>protesting students = no supply of conscripts

>students fighting against police, army, veterans all with vastly superior knowledge, information and tactics

Question is why would you expect them to succeed?

>>protesting students = no supply of conscripts
You do know that the draft was excluded from picking college and university students, right?

Thoughtless idealism has a tendency to do just that - fail.

failed movements i can think of off the top of my head

tupamaros and other latin american guerilla movements led by students
france 1968, us 1968. in fact all the student rebellions in the west in the 20th century as far as i know
people's hand movement in 1860sish tsarist russia
tlatelolco massacre
that thailand student massacre
occupy wallstreet and accompanying campus protests
chinese cultural revolution (maybe it "succeeded" but at a terrible cost. anyway most of the red guards got deported to the countryside in the end)
the failed green revolution in iran
arab spring, though not solely led by students they made up the activists and organizers
east timor protests against indonesian rule

iran was not at all a student protest movement. even the arab spring has more claim to that with what unemployed students organizing on facebook

How could it not? Really, how?