CoinBase's Email to Customers Today about the Fork

Dear Coinbase Customer,
The User Activated Hard Fork (UAHF) is a proposal to increase the Bitcoin block size scheduled to activate on August 1.
The UAHF is incompatible with the current Bitcoin ruleset and will create a separate blockchain. Should UAHF activate on August 1, Coinbase will not support the new blockchain or its associated coin.
The User Activated Soft Fork (UASF) is a proposal to adopt Segregated Witness on the Bitcoin blockchain and could result in network instability. It is scheduled to activate at the same time as the UAHF.
To ensure the safety of customers’ funds, we will temporarily suspend bitcoin deposits, withdrawals, and buy/sell starting approximately 4 hours before activation of either fork.
• If you currently have bitcoin in your Coinbase account, and do not wish to have access to UAHF coins or have immediate access to your bitcoin, you are not required to take any action.
• If you wish to have access to UAHF coins or you wish to have immediate access to your bitcoin, you should send your bitcoin from Coinbase to your external address by July 31.
Thank you, Coinbase Team

twitter.com/coinbase

>run

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mw2kKyJu9gY?t=125
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good. They won't support jihan's shit coin.

I have a Coinbase account and haven't recieved any emails from them today.

Fake news.

dont be afraid, it is all going to be ok.

Then LTC it is

just got the email also

Yeah, this is the FUD I was waiting for.
Major exchanges warning its users to keep their BTC off from exchanges until the HF/SF shit gets resolved. I expect major dips on altcoin market.

It's coming again

>LTC & XMR is where it is at, fuck ETH & BTC (until 2nd August)

So buy ltc?

I thought bip 148 is a UASF

buy LTC if you're a retard, sure.

More like buy fiat

buy ltc, it is stable and then you can decide your next move after Aug 1st.

>sell all your btc & eth

So what exatly happens if you have your coins on coinbase and a hard fork happens. Does your wallet continue as usual or will you lose half your coins?

The only stable, certain and true crypto left on Coinbase is LTC. It's fiat or LTC now.

If there's going to be a fork, Don't trust your assets with these online holders. MOVE TO A PRIVATE WALLET

A lot of people lost potential ETC gains in the ethereum fork.

Ethereum splits; you get only ETH or ETC, not both.
Same with BTC.

Why scam the poor kid? he isn't going to lighten your bags

Talking specifically about coinbase.

you keep the same amount of coins. If you are on your personal wallet, you will get 2x the coins.

Potentially profitable, unless the hardfork literally breaks bitcoin. Then you get nothing.

But that happens even if you have it on coinbase, so if you're holding bitcoin, you might as well send it to external wallet to get free coins.

You guys really started calling double tops the fucking batman pattern? Fucking amateurs merely adopted the TA, I was born in it.

how lucky.. just got approved at bitstamp which will be listing BTU

Do people not know that the guy who invented Litecoin and is working his ass off for Litecoin right now used to work at Coinbase?

Coinbase is going to try everything in its power to have Litecoin replace Bitcoin as the leading crypto currency.

I own 1 litecoin. So if it goes to 500k im good.

i'll buy 1 LTC when it dumps, i promise

but will you eat it?

It is too boring and safe unfortunately so it does not get the atttention it deserves, by the end of August it wouldn't be surprising for ltc to hover around $70 - $90.

Alot of people starting to learn more about ltc and its advantages over btc & eth.

They support segwit.

youtu.be/mw2kKyJu9gY?t=125

wth why was my post removed n sheit

Nice. Bought 1.

oh my bad wrong thread.. whew, thought they b& me for telling ppl to move their BTC to bittrex / bitfinex

>Alot of people starting to learn more about ltc and its advantages over btc & eth.

There are literally no advantages. All of the issues that have faced BTC and ETH is simply because they are more successful.

>pls buy my bags

normies bout to panic

my dick cant get any harder

>Coinbase is going to try everything in its power to have Litecoin replace Bitcoin as the leading crypto currency.
lol, keep telling yourself that

Its the only coin with a straight upward overall trend. Etherem has a straight downward trend. Bitcoin is just doing its own thing as the alpha of the pack.

nicee tunes bra, make me wanna run

This

You're basically leaving money on the table if you keep your coins on coinbase

>hover around $70 - $90

If LTC goes up to 70-90 it wouldn't stay there very long. Everybody would be jumping ship to LTC at that point and we might see triple digits over night

Ok. I have a question.

I have my btc on bittrex.
My personal wallet is exodus.

If I move my coins to my personal wallet (exodus) how do i get the coins in both chains? Because right now I have one btc address. Whats the process in which I can get the 2 currencies? After transfering them, do I get 2 different adresses or what?

Actually the ETH/ETC thing was a special case because it was split on the stolen funds.

In the event of a bitcoin hardfork, your private keys can still make transactions on both forks. One fork has no way of checking literally every other fork out there, it just worries about it's own network.

You get twice the coins, but they are worth half as much.

Holy fuck its real I have never stored them anywhere but cb how do I get keys? I only use mobile btw

They're worth as much value as is placed on them, which will depend on adoption rate and incoming speculation, so not really worth half as much so much as you own both coins at whatever their final price is at that given moment.

I have the greatest idea ever.

25% BTC
25% ETH
25% LTC
10% ALTCOINS
15% FIAT