Why did the emperors ban paganism and how did they justify banning paganism? it sure wasn't a nice thing to do

why did the emperors ban paganism and how did they justify banning paganism? it sure wasn't a nice thing to do.
what would jesus do?

>love thy neighbor
>do unto others as they would do unto you

>DUDE WE'RE GONNA KILL PEOPLE WHO DONT AGREE WITH OUR BELIEFS LMAO

What did They mean by this

YHWH is a jealous god who hates all non-Jews. Christians and Muslims are his gentile slaves who set out to bring the gentile, Aryan world to its knees. Semitism is a poison.

(You)

>why did the emperors ban paganism

Because Christianity was the new religion of Rome, they did it to unify the people of Rome and stop them from flinging shit at each other.

>and how did they justify banning paganism?

The majority of the Roman Empire were Christian at the time, it didn't really need justification.

>it sure wasn't a nice thing to do.

It was necessary and useful, paganism was dying out and it would have died out either way

Don't you have Jesus' foreskin to worship, Paul?

But if it was dying out, why was it still practiced literally everywhere and if it was dying out, they could have just let it die?

Fuck off varg

>implying romans weren't the Jews lapdogs when they crucified Jesus
I wonder (((who))) was behind this post?

Nice bait, go back to /pol/

Jesus would've clearly not only banned paganism but kill those who worshipped the false gods lmao. As for it being a "nice" thing to do, sacrificing humans and children aren't nice things to do either.

You take that out of context you aspie, "I've come not to abolish the law but to fulfill it."

>implying the jews weren't the roman's lapdogs when they captured and brought a potential upstart already causing trouble in the financial sector straight to Pilate's feet

if every jew wanted him fucking dead so badly they wouldn't bother with the romans they would've dragged him out to the desert and stoned him. The kikes (esp. Herod) were just trying to suck up to their client masters when they dealt with the Jesus situation and Matthew romanticized their culpability as le blood curse later.

>Jesus is a Jew
>his Jewish kinsmen don't want Yeshua as their masiach

Why do Christians try to juxtapose Jews and Jesus as these racially separate entities? If Yeshua was acknowledged as the Jews' masiach you, gentile, would've never ever heard the name and Christianity would never split off as a Jewish heresy. Jesus would be 100% in the tribe and no goyim would worship him.

Why are gentiles who have the Semitism disease so easily triggered? Be proud of your religion, be proud your ancestors got JEWED.com

I'm proud those of my faith built Europe, conquered pagan ((((((((people's)))))), why don't you make like odin and suck a dick?

>worship a Jew
>uses the parentheses

What did (((Christians))) mean by this?

Pagans are Jewish tricks trying to steer away those of the true faith

They didn't.
Constantine: Pontifex Maximus
Bishop of Rome: Pontifex Maximus

The Roman Catholic Church seamlessly slid into the place the Roman Empire stood.

Emperor went to pope.
Senate went to college of cardinals.
Only the names on the idols were changed. They were, and remain, pagans.

>Messiah who told Jews to pay their Roman taxes
>A political threat to Rome

*Told Jews to respect authority

Paganism died with the advent of mass slavery. The fall of the Roman Empire was a blessing for most normal people as their local warlords demanded less taxes and tributes than Rome.

Mediterranean Paganism offered "just so" stories for a growing slave/serf population. The problem was that it devolved into empty rituals that had nothing to do with their life condition. A freeman/citizen Corinthian sailor could understand the stories as reflecting the often shifting and chaotic forces, both natural and human-driven. A slave, being forced into a partial mental servitude, found nothing that could reconcile the ideals of the stories with the baseness of his lords.

Monotheistic religions, in a sense, were a Titanomachy against the lack of hope (for a slave must hope that freedom is given someday) presented by the pagans. It was "slave morality" but that's what happens when you create slaves of cognitive entities with working social evaluation systems.

Paraphrasing what somebody else said on this board: "A lesson of history is WORK YOUR OWN DAMN FIELDS". Overt human slavery had to be transformed into alternate structures of control if biohistory wanted to produce a fresh hardworking genetics. EX: Manorialism throughout Europe for centuries and the greatest gift of the Catholic Church, the prohibition against (most) forms of cousin marriage.

I'd kiss the feet of a pope for such an unexpected gift to such a vast swath of people. In the future though, I expect de facto slavery and complete lack of mobility on Earth via expanding knowledge of neurology, genetics, and prosthetic advancement. Space is the place to leave the trash of the human race and the mechanization of autonomous systems.

>uses the parentheses
Yeah.
Eramus came up with the idea.
Another thing discount hinduism won't give ya.

Basically, Theodosius outlawed non-christian religious practice because he was a cunt. He justified it by being dumb enough to think that his religion was the only "true" religion.

Slavery didn't die in the WRE because of christfaggotry. The massive slave estates in the roman empire died out because of economic decline. Oh and they didn't completely die either, medieval italy had slaves.

>Implying Jews didn't get GOY'D

I fucking hate how retards and "muh based thor" fags ruined old world pagan religions with their cancer.

Memes aside, Roman and Greek religion are beyond based and extremely interesting, and most of western heroes worked in the framework of a pagan society like Plato and the Greeks, to Caesar and the Romans, two of the greatest civilizations in human existence.

>Christianity was founded by Jews
>white pagans are Jews

Wow, really gets my brain on a train.