Leave Kansas to me

Leave Kansas to me.

based

This guy comes up to your plantation and slaps your slave's shackles, what do you do?

Why does he look positively evil in this?

White folks are right though, brown was a nut. Harper's ferry was pure autism.

Call his haircut goofy and sick Rob Lee on him

>"I, John Brown, am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land: will never be purged away; but with Blood. I had as I now think: vainly flattered myself that without very much bloodshed; it might be done."

He is a Khorne prophet

shackle him, paint him brown and put him to work

from my perspective slavers were nuts

he was legitimately out of his mind; thought god was speaking to him

Keeping slavery was pretty rational desu. No society survived the mass abolition of slavery very well. Even the Haitians had to reenslave their populace under a different name to reinstate order.

Would have been fine if we didn't half-ass Reconstruction. Hang every commissioned officer and national politician, properly enforce the 14th and 15th amendments, and redistribute plantation owners' land among former slaves (and to white yeoman farmers if there's anything left over).

>marxists actually think this would work

ok Magabe

>Keeping slavery was pretty rational desu
Only for the slaveowners. Not to mention it was doomed due to industrial capitalism anyway.

This desu

History has shown that there is nothing worse than half measures.

>tfw no Shermanite reconstruction

>thought god was speaking to him

that covers pretty much every non-fedora American

Sherman was pretty pro southern after the war. He wanted to put the pre war landowners back in power. He even lobbied for the pardons of various confederate officials.

wtf I hate Sherman now

t. border ruffian

just wait until you find out he said the confederate cavalry were the best horsemen he's ever seen.

I'm not a Marxist. The freedmen could own their own farms out of the land previously owned by plantation owners, I'm not asking for forced collectivization.

>The freedmen could own their own farms out of the land previously owned by plantation owners

That's what magabe thought as well.

There's a clear difference though. Slaves tilled the land for centuries and knew it intimately. The plantation owners didn't do anything, unlike farmers in Zimbabwe.

As someone who comes from a family of farmers, it is much more complicated than menial labor. Also, tons of ex-slaves got their own homesteads and didn't really climb out of poverty. As much as people don't want to hear it, success comes through generations of social conditioning. You can't just pull a bunch of levers and get a specific outcome.

>Also, tons of ex-slaves got their own homesteads and didn't really climb out of
Well most couldn't vote, or access the capital networks that whites had, plus all other cultural repression.

blacks weren't disenfranchised until the 1890's and how would blacks get access from capital networks or overcome cultural repression within your proposed reconstruction plan? They faced the same problems in the north.

We should really go burn down Kansas again guys

WAS GETTING CAUGHT PART OF YOUR PLAN?