Finance and Accounting General /FAG/

Consultants are allowed to I guess.

Post your woes and vent if you want since we're all going through the same shit.

>tfw mass applying on usajobs
B4 really jaded me and I want to live/work in Japan or at least out of the US for a bit.

streamable.com/h6do7
Also post funny intern videos/pics that get posted with their hashtags since internships started last month.

starting this fall for finance, how fucked am I?

I just got a FT offer at Pdubs in audit after my internship.

Feels good man. Ez money and post-PwC will be an easy life.

Congrats welcome to pdubs make sure to email your goodbye to your mentor/coach and that one associate you kinda bonded with.

As a student or at an IB?

Oh yeah this was a spring internship.

Ended on a great note with everyone. Our office is a small southeastern office. Hell I had lunch with one partner and went to end of busy season party at another partners house.

student

>usajobs
They'll hire anyone

Don't say you are studying "finance" till you are in your senior year.

Anything up until senior at most business school is flexible.

When you actually are studying finance, say you are.

Nothing worse than a first year claiming to be "studying X" when they are really taking pre-req's and gen ed's.

>>/pol/134264892

this is the future you chose.

reminder if you don't have a job already given to you by nepotism, mcdonalds hires all year round

You'll be fine as long as you keep your grades up i.e 3.5+ GPA.
Make sure to network Fiance is a lot harder to break into if your school isn't top.

Have fun I regret not being more free in college.

thank you for your well thought out response, it truly opened my mind to what I'll be eventually studying.
yeah I figured the networking part would be the most crucial aspect in my situation. thanks for the heads up.

I already got a rejection from a army base near Yokohama REEEE
There is so few high GS level jobs that do not need previous federal work experience.

I'm just saving you from looking like a tard when you change your major.

Every freshman is premed, engineer, finance, or physics major.
By sophomore year it's less
Junior year less
Senior year even less.

I feel as if I'm quite settled in my decision in finance, but I know literally anything can happen in college can prompt me to change my major. Let's say that I was actually going into "Finance". How is it?

For the first 2years or 3 , if on a 5 year will be much like mine.

Go to your universities college of business and look for a sample 4 year plan.
Make sure to fucking get A+ on the intro courses like Intro to Accounting and Economics.
You seriously will set yourself up for a bad time if you don't absolutely crush those classes.

Also don't get jaded in GE courses I remember being okay with missing my GE History and English courses only to have to work 3x as hard towards the end of the year. Seriously just go to class even on those days you feel like it doesn't matter cause you know there is no quiz.

How can I get motivation to study for the CPA exam?

The thought of the 1 year completion bonus or the thought of never having to take it again.
Also the much much better exit opportunities with the three letters attached to your name.

You'll get buttfucked by Intermediate 1 and 2 accounting because you'll be like "this shit doesn't matter because I'm going into finance".

>muh grades and level of education are important
lol, all my dad has is a BA (Econ) and a CFP and he clears $200,000/yr working a 40 hr week.

School won't teach you to make a decent portfolio, how to use your intuition/make decisions effectively, how to read markets beyond some bullshit textbook fundamentals, how to socialize and develop working relationships with clients/fund managers, and most importantly, how to sale. My dad's in management and he tells me, he pretty much only hires ambitious chads cause they sell way more and typically handle pressure better than the socially-awkward recluse.

Everyone knows that.
Grades just show that you have at least the work ethic and commitment to self-control/time management.

My dad has a highschool degree and owns a $900k a year revenue landscape architecture firm.

Your dad is a fucking pussy.

My dad dropped out of middle school (communist Europe) and owns a manufacturing company that made 462K profit in 2016. Education is truly a meme. Life is more about taking risks and staying responsible than chasing credentials.

how does it work in excel?

How does what work in Excel?

bump

Please don't let the general die I want to make it a normal general since Veeky Forums is filled with too much coin stuff.

bump