Why did he want to bang his mom? Also, why was he wrong about literally everything?

Why did he want to bang his mom? Also, why was he wrong about literally everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

[Citation needed]
Also everyone wants to bang their mum. You're just afraid to acknowledge the fact

He was a pioneer in his. The only reason why we know he was wrong in the first place was because he helped to delevop the field of study for us to later realize the flaws in his theories. He deserves respect for that if nothing else.

What other field of science or scholarship gives respect for being wrong most of the time?

Oh look, another specimen of the materialist-scientistic milieu has discovered Freud to be a charlatan -- without even reading him!

I mean, come on, don't all contemporary psychologists consider him a joke? Right guys? Oedipus complex LOL, so dumb.

Because all Jews are perverts.

This. Post 1914 society is an unholy satanic construction against God and order.

There is a saying that psychoanalys is not the answer for the problem, but its source.

i know you're trolling but all fields give respect to people who revolutionized paradigms of thought, even where they had many scientific and personal convictions that were incorrect.

it was an intentional misinformation program to promote pseudoscience amongst the general public while the elite use a more scientific view of psychology for propaganda and advertising

This nigga knows what's good

e.g. darwin was so fucking wrong about so many things. but his contribution- evolution- outweighs fucking everything. he was first. when you're first you make mistakes.

Freud popularized and pretty much discovered the fucking unconscious. His sex stuff was about 95-99% incorrect but do you understand how big of a deal that is. Do you understand how fundamental that is to all of modern psychology.

how exactly did he "discover" unconsciousness? it's the equivelent to if a stoner had thought up that everything was made of strings right before string theory was created

>why was he wrong about literally everything

he was right about more things of actual significance than he was wrong about

He was a Jew.

He was right about plenty of things, some of which were in sexual nature. Madonna-whore complex is one that is still accepted for example.

nope

>implying it is even possible to prove wrong
infalsiflability a shit

>>Thread

Freud did not posit explanations for problems posed within the contemporary psychological framework.

Freud designed an entire way of looking at human beings, which, if only for its vast influence on the zeitgeist (who among you doesn't instinctively think repression is bad?), deserves to be studied on its own terms.

One doesn't need to become a psychoanalyst or a neo-Freudian. But one should be familiar with his ideas, how they marked a break with previous ways of thinking, and how they've come to influence popular representations of the mind and ideological understandings of the individual.

That someone would think to apply "True" or "False" to "Freud in general" is frustrating (in the same sense that people want to say Christianity is "True" or "False").

We all know that the scientific paradigm is at odds with the Freudian paradigm. Applying the former to the latter gives us a very tired point: Freud is not empirically verified, Freud just dreamed up diagnoses etc.

Freud is one of the great theoreticians (like Marx) who built a system of thought, not a series of particular responses to existing problems.

Jew.

Psychology is pseudoscience. You all were taken for a ride.

The important thing is that you're so clever you instinctively know the right answer on complex subjects without even having to research them.

>Why did he want to bang his mom?

Because he was separated from her as a child and never developed the proper aversion to sexualizing her. He subsequently transposed his perversions and neuroses onto his patients and ultimately mankind as a whole. Freud was a hack intellectual and his work is best forgotten.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

>Freud plagiarized and pretty much stole the fucking unconscious.

Ftfy retard.

The unconscious was first advanced in concrete form by Schopenhauer and later elaborated by Nietzsche.

Plato, Aristotle and the scholastics were better psychologists than all the moderns. Also Paul and St. Augustine.

low iq buttmad detected

Well, many people agree with my point, even philosophers. I suppose I can't speak about psychology aa a whole because I don't have a degree in it, but you can clearly investigate the methods used and many of them are not scientific. If you say then "but they were not trying to be scientific in the first place" well, then psychologists shouldn't claim it's a science.

>implying the field of psychology isn't full of third rate intellects and med school washouts

see

Are you saying I shouldn't be attracted to girls who vaguely look like my mom when she was young? Fuck you

His identification as a projector and hack is the correct answer.

what if your mum is really ugly and you dont

I thought I didn't want to bang my mom either until I realized that a lot of the women I'm really attracted to look like my mother when she was younger.

"Also, why was he wrong about literally everything?"

It is like if we would expect a virus infected PC to self-diagnose and self-clean.

He probably entered the endless loop of self-diagnosis, while knowing he has his issues. That is why we now try to focus on "objective" ways of diagnosis.
Also, it could well be that he may have applied some pretty random self-fixing methods (drugs, but even weird psychological auto-suggestive/auto-hypnotic ways ..etc.)

Philosophy

>feels>reals