Ottoman Empire

Any ottomanaboos here?

Are they an example of a solid multicultural society?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto
desuarchive.org/his/thread/1837678/#1837678
youtube.com/watch?v=-AB0k4Itneg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Any ottomanaboos here?
There used to be a tripfag....that is all I will say.

they were more tolerant than many European factions which don't really say much

Yes, they were the successor to Rome.

I only like the aesthetics t-b-h. Same with the Persians (Timurid, Safavid).

Only by bringing it back can we save the Middle East.

I miss him.

this

were the safavids a match for the ottomans? like I know they were pretty powerful but did they do anything about the ottomans conquering the middle east?

I do to sometimes, when he actually posted constructive shit and not just cat pictures or stuff he shooped a mustache and fez on.

But I'll admit some of the butthurt he cause was pretty funny.

they lost mesopotamia to the ottomans and were forced to retreat behind the zagros. only reason the ottoman didnt go deeper into persia was because theyre already warring the european fronts. only until the ottomans declined they were able to get an upper hand and it took them a genius like nader shah to do it.

He ruined any discusssion about the Ottomans on Veeky Forums during his time and after it. He was cancer like all tripfags.

>Tfw I like the Byzantines and the Ottomans
It's a conflicting feeling. Thank God that one shitposter is gone though. The real question is who is a Turkeyboo?

only good thing about the roach republic is attaturk

Rooting for ANY country post ww2 is proof that you're gau

I sorta am. I like how mad they make Balkanshits and EVROPA types. I respect how they've managed to forge their own way and become a functional country, and avoid being bullied by the Euros like pretty much everyone else.

Post his trip?

:DDDDDDDDDDD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto

He kept changing it with his name, probably to avoid bans and filters.
This is what your average thread with him looked like:

desuarchive.org/his/thread/1837678/#1837678

top kek. seems like a funny guy

>Are they an example of a solid multicultural society?
Yes, if by multicultural you mean imperialist.

Ottomans are unique that they are the only honourable opponent Europe has ever had.

Oops forgot about their forbearers the Saracens.

Turkey is based.

I am
Btw would it be good idea if i open a thread and dump postcards, photos and some caricatures from 1908-19013's ottoman empire?

Turk here

my favorite Padishahs are: Mehmed II, Selim I, Orhan and Mahmud II

Selim I was the most brilliant general ever. On the other hand, he killed some Alevi Turkmens and Kurdified Eastern Anatolia.
Mehmed II wanted to invade Italy and recreate Roman Empire, he was a great intellectual. He wasn't the best general we've ever had but he had nice victories (Especially against White Sheep Turkmens)

>atta
If you can't even pronounce ata correctly then you should not even be allowed to post itt or on this board. my balkanrapebaby friend.

>were the safavids a match for the ottomans? like I know they were pretty powerful but did they do anything about the ottomans conquering the middle east?
Safavids were Rivals of Ottoman Empire. Sometimes Ottomans won, sometimes Safavids won.

Multicultural? Maybe... if we all can accept and embrace:
1) non-native citizens of the empire were considered slaves (had little-to-none rights, were prohibited to be armed, had to address their oppressors "My lord" and still could have been beaten or beheaded on the spot for not doing it right (no eye-contact + bowing). Women were raped on whim, children taken into army boot camps for brainwash.
All original culture was destroyed (books burned, churches demolished, people with any marks of non-approved culture/religion killed/burned/humiliated.
2) Education was exclusive even for native citizens and yet it was aimed towards utter brainwash.
3) Even diplomats were not safe - as soon they did not agree on something, or expressed opinion that was not accepted well - death was the usual follow up.

Even if Ottoman Empire would prevail and have no exo-borderline enemies - they would not thrive as their culture itself was never meant to prosper in peace.
All their brainwashing was about hatred and it pulled them together only if they were able to point on any random common enemy. (Religion did great job with helping with this destructive cause)

Of course, much good (poetry, architecture..) was contributed, but their main standpoint is about "not moving forward" - Any philosophy, science had to comfort with religious doctrine, and open-mildness was sentenced with death. Despite them being educated, even in astronomy, they never did (and they still don't) embrace real potential of humanity.
This did not change over the centuries and this can be easily sense-checked by simply traveling to Turkey and starting non-approved conversations (genocide on Kurds/Armenians/Greeks/Serbs... ) or just try to discuss, why you think their president may be wrong in "insert random theory". Basically they prefer to loose track of reality - do not research and ignore facts, they rather jump into fights/brutality. And there is no way around... after so many centuries.

>1) non-native citizens of the empire were considered slaves (had little-to-none rights, were prohibited to be armed, had to address their oppressors "My lord" and still could have been beaten or beheaded on the spot for not doing it right (no eye-contact + bowing). Women were raped on whim, children taken into army boot camps for brainwash.

Sounds like a balkanrapebaby propaganda

Im a Serb
There were times when they were degenerate assholes,but there were times when they were alright.In fact,they were on the road to become the next Roman empire,but they fell,mostly,for the same reasons Rome fel

point about Turks embracing rape and turning discussion into offense : proven

By rapebaby i don't mean literal rape as in forced sexual intercourse.

Dodging the topic of abuse of human rights and discrimination, and boasting with victories... proves another point: brainwash based on war-doctrine (that disallows any peace-lasting existence)
It is well known, how many war victories Ottomans have under their belt. But it was rarely combat finesse or courage, usually enemy ranks were just paid off (to split them or make them fight each other) , many castles did open their gates as Ottomans did bribe the gate watchmen, many cities let them enter based on huge contribution of gold/silver...
But even, for sake of discussion, if we say, that Ottomans were great warrior and genial war leaders, it is still the lack of their coexistence within captured countries. They were just not able to learn respect and tolerance. And that is the problem, that is double-proven already.

>the only honourable opponent Europe has ever had.
Please.
Everyone who has ever interacted with them(except australians) considered them scum, euro or not, christian or muslim.
Now Salladin's guys, on the other hand....

Saladin*

oops.
Thanks.

It's ironic that even if the regimes and the government changed, these two regional powers were always at odds with each others. Perhaps today, too.

It's not really ironic. Ottomans claimed to be Third Rome whereas Safavids revived Sassanids. What's ironic is both of them were actually Turk.

sounds like butthurt euro faggotry to me

>Safavids were Rivals of Ottoman Empire.

Let's not exaggerate here. They were only "rivals" because the Ottomans were busy fighting against Europe in the west. And even then the Ottomans won most battles against them.

eh, they were an empire that lasted quite long but it did have glaring flaws. They were aesthetic though, ottoman constantinople must have been very impressive at the empire's peak.
After the safavids you had Nadir Shah though, but then again afterwards Iran began exploring just how low you can fall

>Ottomans are unique that they are the only honourable opponent Europe has ever had.
Top fucking kek. They were animals.

>After the safavids you had Nadir Shah though,
How and why is he relevant? All I know is he accelerated the decline of an already declining empire.

For a while he was very dangerous, he could have stayed dangerous were it not for his deteriorating mental state

>non native citizens considered slave
Check Koprulu family they pretty much controlled empire for long time,they were of albian origin. Ottoman policy was to assimilate/integrate populations. Children was taken into army especially in balkans however they were given to ottoman familes to convert/assimilate then taken into army structure. They also had highest wage and most political power in army. Churches were mostly kept or converted into mosques. Ortodox church was still and alive in istanbul until 19th century. They even had freedom in their internal stricture. If you look at early turkey/late ottoman you can easly see richest part of population is non-muslims. They had to pay extra tax but couldn't conscript.
>Education was exclusive even for native citizens and yet it was aimed towards utter brainwash.
Dunno about brainwash but yeah education was scarce. If you were smart you could get into endurun school(state run school for talented people)
> Even diplomats were not safe - as soon they did not agree on something, or expressed opinion that was not accepted well - death was the usual follow up.
I dont know enough about the subject to comment.

I am not saying ottoman were angels but it would be wrong to call them satan incarnate.

United Iran was more than a match to Ottomans due to logistics, although more then likely they would have been overrun by the superior ottoman numbers/wealth had the Zagros not been a good barrier. Persia had a tiny population and few good kings. Heck their economy tended to suck due to mismanagement

Not really.

"Tarrakni" ("He turkified me") in reference to the corruption of the Ottoman rule of Tunisia. It means "he ruined me", however it is also used recently in Syria, talking about the corruption of Turkey at the Syrian Civil War.

Oh god I miss those threads. Veeky Forums is so humorless and bland these days, it's like all the /pol/ bait threads

Fuck it, I'm starting it up again

How so?
They were pretty good.
Also bot genociding/forcefully converting unbelievers was pretty humanitarian in those times.
They could have done to te balkans what the iberians did to south america.
Also christians and jews got the right to set up their own education systems within the empire, it was all in te millet system.

>WE WUZ KAYSER-IN-RUM N SHIET

just like Greeks and Germans, T*rks want to LARP as the superior Romans

humanitarian genocide is an oxymoron regardless of the context.
And they could not have done anything like what happened in america, it would be shooting themselves in the gut as rumeli was their core powerbase, also what happened in the new world could be replicated anywhere else at the time, smallpox was insane.

could not be replicated anywhere else at the time*

youtube.com/watch?v=-AB0k4Itneg

That's because we're the true successors to Rome. We IS caesars now

T H I S
H
I
S