What do you think of Hamilton?

What do you think of Hamilton?

Personally, I love it. Brings classic American history to the masses

Cultural appropriation lmao

Black people need to check their privilege

I haven't even seen it but I'm going to shit on it anyway because I heard it while endlessly on NPR and it seems narrowly targeted at upper middle class white progressives that want to feel """"hip""""

music is bad, using off-beat raps for a musical is stupid and defeats the point of musical. also Alex Hamilton would shoot all those monkeys for tarnishing his name

I saw it performed with a girl. Staging was pretty cool, needed some more nuance, and maybe one or two more actors.

The dude playing Jefferson had to pull double duty and play Lafayette.

Good musical, the worst founding father.

gf loves this, not a big fan of it myself

Pretty common in Broadway for actors to take multiple roles in one show.

You'll have to excuse me for never having watching it. I hope you and your boyfriend enjoyed it, though!

Enjoyable.

Defeats the purpose how? Rap music is still music.

The musical is very favorable towards Hamilton's side of the story, it obviously doesn't tarnish his name. Basically gives him credit as shaping early America more than any other individual.

Right? It props him up immensely

>the world will never be the same

like damn

It rekindled my interest in American revolutionary history and early American history, which is nice.

>tfw it was actually Angelica who did the "comma after dear(est)" to Hamilton first and not vice versa

WE WUZ FOUNDING FATHERZ AND SHIET

>implying there are girls on the internet

I like the music.

>Hurrrr Blacks as Washington!

I assume Jesus Christ superstar needs all Jewish leads?

> Hurrrr, African American culture in story about founding.

Yeah ,the cockney slang and accents for the poor in Les Miserables ruins it for me too.

>the masses
No.

The masses don't go to Broadway shows.

>not understanding user was saying pic related
WEW LAD

>Cultural appropriation lmao
>Black people need to check their privilege
This

To be fair, that's the result of the medium its in. The biography it's based on makes the same argument in a much more complex and nuanced way, but that's to be expected of a 700+ page book. Still a great way of making history engaging.

My wife's son loves it.

this

It's a revisionist hagiographical misrepresentation of history.

Good; but leaves out the part of Hamilton's personality where he was truly was an elitist snob, who fostered sincere contempt for the "dregs" of society who didn't work their way to the top like him. Also forgets to mention Hamilton began strongly opposing immigration (especially from catholic nations like Ireland) around the 1790s.

There's a reason why the Federalist Party got curbed stomped by the rise of populism in the future Democratic Party.

It's like they were trying to spin him to look as good as possible, while emphasizing the worst qualities of his political rivals.

>But he was teh most real founding father and he opposed slavery by writing essays against it and he wasn't a fake like the aristocrats Jefferson and Madison were and he set up bording schools for native Americans

The masses do buy the iTunes album.

At least it got people interested in history

1776 was better

1776 is the superior musical about he founding of the United States

gay niggers rapping to make neo-liberal globalist propaganda

MR FEENEEY

>Listen to some of the songs at least once a day for 4 months
>I will never be satisfied

I like it for how much it triggers storm fags. Miranda can't sing for shit.

the actual Hamilton would be turning in his grave if he knew.

Very appropriate for the US.

Based Hamilton

I find it extremely perverse. People can only celebrate this if they think America doesn't deserve to be white anymore.

No idea how historically accurate it is, but the music is great.

it doesn't though