How did the economy go so wrong in the end of scarcity?

How did the economy go so wrong in the end of scarcity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DD093SG5RnI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Excess labor is destroying the job market in general.

Todays jobs largely require long specialized training that doesn't translate well to other jobs which means if you pick a career which an oversupply(which is most nowadays) you're fucked.

This.

We've pushed the population by an excessive amount, then women entered the professional labor market because of ideological reasons, then the baseline minimum for a job was pushed up with college degrees (and soon graduate degrees)...

All the while automation wipes out the low end jobs and globalization takes away some jobs at home because its cheaper in Vietnam.

Excellent time to own capital. Horrible if you're labor.

>disregard education
>acquire shitcoins

>economy
what?

unemployment is low. people are just not learning problems solving skills. you can't just be an obedient drone anymore, because some immigrant will do that job for less money than you would accept, or some machine is already better than you at it.

physics grads who can't get hired are just mentally retarded. the problem in society isn't the "economy" it's the question "will this be on the test?"

>I got a highly specialized and actually not incredibly important degree in terms of what the economy is demanding currently
>better just jump off a roof then

I see this meme over and over. STEM is a fucking meme. Just because you get your PHD in soils engineering doesnt mean the market will just hire you.

Democratic systems are bound to be subverted by 1) highly intelligent psychopaths 2) populations engaging in ingroup preference when the rest of society is apathetic or favors outgroup.

Guess what happens when one ethnic group combines 1 and 2.

>which is most nowadays
This is not correct. Accounting and controlling is looking desperately for new faces. There are far too few graduates in these fields and this clearly reflects in the payment.

Which ethnic group is doing that?

>completed a PhD in physics at Reading University
>Reading University
That's probably why.

Stupid Goy

>STEM is a fucking meme.
Agreed. A phd in physics or math is not considered the highest degree possible, it is what you need to have, to have the chance to have something close to a career.

wrong

getting a good job in the UK is 90% knowing someone in the organization. otherwise you start at the bottom and stay there till you marry into the family.

population won't decline until we hit 10bil

the best is yet to cum

First of all unemployment isn't low but I don't want to argue this right now. Let's assume unemployment is low.
You're saying immigrants, outsourcing, and machines are putting pressure on the native population to get higher and higher skills. You don't see a problem with this? "Just study harder, work harder, take lower wages, and beat the increasing competition. That's all you have to do guys. You're probably just dumb if you're having trouble." You know, I think somewhere in a country's goals, there's the goal of making life easier for people. Instead of harder. Some people seem to forget that.

I would propose something like , but then the /pol/tards would come out again and scream something about communism.

Former accountant who is now a youtube millionaire

youtube.com/watch?v=DD093SG5RnI

>i'm retarded ha ha
jobs are much easier today in a variety of ways. QoL is way up.

i'm saying those forces act on certain types of jobs, especially where you just do what you are told to do every step of the way. i would change immigration laws too, but you have to learn to adapt. a student who graduates and sits around waiting to be selected for an entry level role when he could be developing or creating something himself to solve one of the infinite problems man has come up with, is a student who will be invisible. he's competing with students around the world willing to do the job for less and less and less.

if he learned programming or marketing, he'll never be unemployed save for legitimate brain damage situations where he can't figure out how to talk to people. but if he only has a bachelors in chemistry or math, then he has 0 useful skills and should start working on that with or without a company supporting him. it's not about "higher and higher" anything, going to college is objectively easier and less effective today than it was 40 years ago.

Skilled labor still going strong. Market is trying as hard as it can to bring down those costs though, in my area if you want training to be a trucker/electrician it's literally free.
Cheaper to train up some neets than fly in the chinese and hire a translator so they can do the skilled labors.

economy have not gone wrong, yes there are less jobs and horrible bond bubble but people cant find jobs because they educate themselves like it's still the freakin 80's or something.

Either learn programming, or related future tech, or struggle. This will be amplified in 5-10 years wheres without acquiring new skills required by exponentially developing techonoliges. Things are changing, really fast

One accountant got laid off 5 years ago.
What does this have to do with my statement?

I got laid off to

Murican?
Come to europe, we need you here.

>2000
everyone buy a house

>2005
everyone go to college

see a problem?

Student loan collapse is gonna be hilarious, grab a chair.

>fell

He knew what he was doing, work so hard, spend years doing something everybody told you is the right thing to do and you end up working at a call centre. I would jump to my death as well.

>tfw to smart too get fired

>just learn to code bro

Yeah. Guessing he either thought being average was good enough, or he thought he was too good to play the academia mentorship dick sucking game.

Accounting will be dead from AI within the next 10 years.

accounting yes, Auditing no.

One requires entries, one requires an opinion.

Would you appreciate an opinion from some douche bag that went to a state college or a super computer which is constantly quantifying and calculating the worlds economic platform? Its a field set to die. It just happens to be one of the more analytic fields, more objective, which happens to make it more predisposed to automation.

The subjective scraps you cling to will quickly be over ruled. Even if the field manages to cling on giving opinions, the job losses will be large.

>Student loan collapse is gonna be hilarious, grab a chair.
It won't collapse like a bubble popping. It causes stagnation in the economy as those who are saddled with undischargable debt end up spending more and more of their income to pay interest and principle. How many of these people do you think will just end up checking out of society rather than continue the rat race?

Dumb Labour government devalued degrees by encouraging more than 50% of the population to get them. Most graduates are women now studying pointless things, and the degree is of no relevance to the "sitting in a chair" job they eventually have for a few years until they shit out a child.

It's retarded.

A lot

The cause of this is not overpopulation. The cause of this is: 1) women entering the market. 2) State intervention in the economy.

My father was born in the 1950's and he gripes about this shit all the time.

You have a point regarding some fields in accounting. Especially when we talk about repetitive stuff like accounting records or legal issues.

But to quantify e.g. cost accounting, you need to find the world formula. No super computer is able to do target pricing of a product, you need humans for this, as these fields also overlap with non-quantifyable fields like qualitative interpretation of polls and surveys.

>A lot
Yep.

>The cause of this is not overpopulation.
Increasing labor supply without an even increase in demand will most certainly lower labor value.

you don't have to be a /pol/ack to see flaws in communism.

A basic history lesson suffices.

b-but this is just cherry picking! We need more refugees and non white immigrants to make our economy better!

>Completed misspelled in the first fucking bullet point.

What disreputable fake news source is this?

>you don't have to be a /pol/ack to see flaws in communism.

Explain to me, how unconditional basic income to stabilize a automated and heavily on technology & services based society would lead to communism.

>retarded code monkey making web pages thinks he is skilled labor