10th time is a charm r-right guys?

10th time is a charm r-right guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Caporetto
ia800502.us.archive.org/23/items/statisticsofmili00grea/statisticsofmili00grea.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where else was he supposed to attack

At the very least, it makes the Italian involvement in WW1 incredibly easy to keep track of.

>reading about the western front
>"I wonder whats happening in italy, let's check..."
>"well, back to the western front I guess"

His determination is admirable

Why is Italy so fucking bad at war? Even France fucking rapes their asses, its genuinely embarrassing.

That way Austria can pretend that it´s not the worst European military potence ever.

Are we talking about Luigi "shoot my men until the war's over, then" Cadorna?
Luigi "leave no man alive, not even yourself" Cadorna?
Luigi "bloody foam all the way to Rome" Cadorna?
Luigi "flee and I'll take your life for free" Cadorna?
Luigi "Eleven times more into the breach, lads" Cadorna?
Luigi "Artillery Shmartillery" Cadorna?
Luigi "Supply my troops and I'll court martial your group" Cadorna?
Luigi "You call this dull? Look at all those Italian skulls!" Cadorna?
Luigi "More bodies for the Isonzo, Bonzo" Cadorna?
Luigi "Viscera? Que sera, sera" Cadorna?

>pretend
no pretending when italy is involved. what's more debatable is if italy was better or worse than the ottomans or one of the little shitty balkan nations.

>massive successive failures increase war weariness
> war ends with hundreds of thousands of scarred and wounded vets
>A scarred and wounded Italy turns to a new ideology that takes the world by storm
Luigi Cadorna the domino that gave birth to the fascist movement

Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Luigi Cadorna doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make Italy more like the Western Front.

The Ottomans had an actual proud military tradition though. Even Serbia, Hungary, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, etc. have impressive moments in military history that aren't failures.

>Even France fucking rapes their asses
You mean even that one country it took half a dozen coalition wars involving the entirety of Europe just to slow down? I understand Americans being uneducated retards basing their entire understanding of world history on WWII memes but I'd honestly expect more from a board based on history.

this. french haters are faggots, France is the original "it took 5 of you to kill me"

t. 3rd Gen American from England

>Nevertheless, he was made a Field Marshal (Maresciallo d'Italia) in 1924 after Benito Mussolini seized power.

I too watch the Great War.

It's not that he's American, it's that he browses /pol/. /pol/ makes your IQ drop a good 10-15 points, I'm surprised you people can't discern the /pol/ack from the average Veeky Forums user by now.

>605,229 total Italian casualties
How is it possible to be this bad at war?

I have a great uncle who died fighting the Austrians. He very well might be among the 35,000 killed.

He squandered the lives of his troops because he was too stupid to know how terrain can effect battles.

>fighting up hill in alps
>against heavily fortified positions
>with new, untested weaponry

UMM ITALY SUCKS LOL

spoiler: German stormtroopers only needed one battle en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Caporetto

>also known as the Twelfth Battle of the Isonzo
IT NEVER ENDS

Austria barely even exists anymore.

underrated post

that's pretty conservative compared to the other great players of the war.

Source: ia800502.us.archive.org/23/items/statisticsofmili00grea/statisticsofmili00grea.pdf

Britain: 887,858

For the entire British Empire: 1,118,264

France: 1,397,800

Russia: 2,254,369

Austria-Hungary: 1,494,200

Germany: 2,037,000

Ottoman Empire: 771,844

All memes aside, Italian performance in the war was average, either excellent or laughably bad, but it was trench warfare along the Italian front just as it was in the Western Front, with the British, French, and Germans bashing their head against the same positions dozens of times just as the Italians and Austrians did.

*neither

So we can all agree trench warfare is a load of shit?

They didn't lose all of those casualties on one battlefield though, and they had many more men to lose than Italy did. I don't recall France pounding their head on a brick wall of Germans 11 times in the same fashion anyways. Closest thing I can think of is the Germans failing at Ypres 4 times.

Not to mention the Germans were pretty much carrying the entire team. Fought three great powers in the West while beating a great power in the East and bailing out the Austro-Hungarians. The Germans really are autistic but dedicated.

there's much more battles than just wikipedia articles on a list, and most are combined into one large operation.

The Battle of the Somme, for instance, wasn't one grand assault that spanned over months, but were dozens of attempts of Britain bashing their head against a brick wall for little gain, same for Verdun in the German's instance.

Looking at just the Somme, there were actually 14 "battles of the Somme". pic related.

The only thing that makes the Isonzo ascend to meme status is that the wiki separates it into 11 different articles, whereas if it was condensed into just a single "battle of the Isonzo" it would be little to no different than the Somme, Verdun, and Ypres.

and the Italians sustain all their casualties there either. other battles in the Alps such as Monte Grappa, Asiago, Ortigara, and Pozzuolo, as well as Italian troops present on the Western Front and the Sinai campaign.

What fucking determination? He's just ordering the same ting over and over again which keeps getting countless men killed.

how does that make him any different from every other European commander who just threw men over a tench to be mowed by machine gun fire for 4 years?

There realistically wasn't really anywhere else to attack though. Sure, he was shit, it's not like he could meme himself across the Adriatic and land in Croatia or something. Or phase through the Alps.

not really true though, the entente was diligently working to break the stalemate through the development of what we now know as stormtrooper tactics. By the end of the war it had completely changed mostly due to british innovation. What would become the WW2 battlefield was born in the last year of WW1

well memed

>I dont know what strategic attrittion is, the thread

It does not matter if you lose 10 battles if you wear out their reserves in the end, then its just a cakewalk to victory

But they lost the 12th battle fucking hard
Weren't storm troops a kraut thing, AFAIK the entente more focused on tanks/getting better at using arty than small unit tactics.

>Weren't storm troops a kraut thing
no, and I'm surprised a British person hasn't corrected you already, they usually jump at those opportunities.

How did no one relieve this nigger of command or assassinate him?

He was relieved of command and replaced with Armando Diaz, who reorganized army formations and used the more specialized and mobile Bersaglieri and Alpini corps more liberally, winning the victories that secured the war at Monte Grappa, the Piave, and Vittorio Veneto.

not bad for a Neapolitan.