If you hold any of the coins in this image, you better sit the fuck down because the devs likely have your private keys...

If you hold any of the coins in this image, you better sit the fuck down because the devs likely have your private keys. We have not publicly posted about this anywhere except the slacks; you guys are in for a FUCKING TREAT.

Me and Chang discovered this because of an old deprecated ARK api endpoint. We noticed that your private key was being broadcast to the dev team's main node. After speaking with the ARK devs, we were told that they found out about this old VERY BAD endpoint shortly after they forked from LISK, and that LISK still uses is AND DID NOT CARE (see image in my next reply).

Okay I guess. I don't give a shit about LISK. If their delegates want to send their private keys to the devs, why should I care? But then I heard about RISE and people wanted us to start a delegate, so we began to do our due diligence...

After doing some further digging, the rabbit hole seems to go far far deeper than we originally thought. Out of all four of the coins, only ARK is not affected by this because they spotted it and removed it.

IF YOU OWN LISK, SHIFT, OR RISE, ALL THEIR WEB WALLETS SEND YOUR PRIVATE KEY IN PLAIN TEXT TO THE SERVER. THIS MEANS THAT THE DEVS HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PRIVATE KEY AND COINS.

But, it's even better than this. The official LISK API broadcasts your private key to the dev's main node, so delegate keys are send to them every time a delegate makes a transaction.

LISK-Nano does this too. RISE has no desktop wallet and their web wallet is currently the only way to access your coins. Both the new AND old chain of RISE is affected.

SHIFT's web wallet, same deal. This is probably why ARK opted to not have a web wallet.

Instead of client-side signing, ALL OF THESE CRYPTOS SEND YOUR KEYS OUT IN PLAINTEXT.

Continued in next post.

Other urls found in this thread:

login.lisk.io/
wallet.rise.vision
wallet-old.rise.vision
wallet.shiftnrg.org/
github.com/shiftcurrency/shift-wallet/blob/4a6e58fc09a0111217163ae85a946ab8ca388d20/js/controllers/passphraseController.js#L33
github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-nano/blob/9bcae1d8a9a42ba9135f2b606a2e1d2ef7e68fbd/src/utils/api/peers.js#L34
github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-nano/blob/9bcae1d8a9a42ba9135f2b606a2e1d2ef7e68fbd/src/utils/api/account.js#L24
youtu.be/3r5byXcQMGg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography
stackoverflow.com/questions/454048/what-is-the-difference-between-encrypting-and-signing-in-asymmetric-encryption
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they is very good coin, yes

please stop FUD

Here's the EXACT code to show you, because I'm sure the flood of "ARK SHILLS" is gonna come streaming in. Anyone who can read code can verify this for themselves. Here's the code shared between ALL of these coins:

LISK/SHIFT/RISE Web Wallet:

Login and check your POST request, your key is in plaintext
login.lisk.io/
wallet.rise.vision
wallet-old.rise.vision
wallet.shiftnrg.org/

for shift the relevant code is here that actually sends the data, you can dig up the others it's identical because they're all clones of each other:
github.com/shiftcurrency/shift-wallet/blob/4a6e58fc09a0111217163ae85a946ab8ca388d20/js/controllers/passphraseController.js#L33

LISK-Nano:
Broadcast endpoint
github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-nano/blob/9bcae1d8a9a42ba9135f2b606a2e1d2ef7e68fbd/src/utils/api/peers.js#L34

Calling the endpoint and passing your private key
github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-nano/blob/9bcae1d8a9a42ba9135f2b606a2e1d2ef7e68fbd/src/utils/api/account.js#L24

LISK-Nano is a "light" wallet and doesn't host a node on localhost, so the key is broadcast in plaintext.

SHIFT doesn't even have a desktop wallet.

RISE has no desktop wallet, but they're working on an ARK clone desktop wallet, which is SECURE. However, the web wallet is not.

If you are holding these coins and have ever used the web wallet or the official API, you are compromised.

If you are a DELEGATE on any of these coins and have sent ANY transaction out, you are compromised.

The second passphrase feature of these coins does the same thing - your second passphrase is sent in plaintext to the dev nodes so they can sign and broadcast.

LISK is primarily to blame for this. They knew about this for YEARS and did nothing and didn't care (see screenshot in next reply).

Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Image is LISK claiming it's "not a bug" to have your private key sent out, because "they encrypt it". They don't think this is a problem.

So you're saying short this shit right this second?

Friend, please stop the lies spreading

Image of Chang's conversation with the lead ARK dev, who claims that LISK was notified and does not care.

Bump

thanks rakesh

I m not a rakesh, please

Buy ark it will moon

Here is an example anyone can do. Go to any of the web wallets, and login. Now press F12, go to the network tab and search for /accounts/open, and scroll down to "request payload". You will see your private key in plaintext, being sent over to their website.

LISK, RISE, and SHIFT all do this.

This is likely why ARK does not have a web wallet. The entire wallet would need to be rewritten to use client-side crypto in order for it to work. The devs were too lazy or simply didn't care that you send them their keys each time you use the wallets.

Is very good coin will feed family

Buy RISE and LISK. They are good, unlike ARK

Yes, this man has the correct thoughts

Will go all the way to Jupiter, buy ark on bittrex

Honestly this image baffles me.

They really think encrypting the data solves anything? You're still sending off your private key to the devs. A rogue dev or sysadmin can easily empty everyone's wallets if he wanted to.

this is what happens when webshits think they can (((program)))
you can see how shit LISK is from a mile away even before this
brainlets will deny this

Oh and DNS poisoning

check the discord im about to post all the keys in 2mins

You guys better listen to the OP. He seems to know what he's talking about.

Plz buy ark guys together we will moon to past the moon

Thanks. The only reason I haven't withdrawn my shift from bittrex to the online wallet was pure laziness. I was probably going to do it in the next couple of days, so you've potentially really saved me there. Although this does make me wonder whether I want to hold it at all.

Thank you moon man & uncle Chang for doing your due diligence and keeping /biz in the loop!

He is a stupid man

do not listen

806e0c3e205f49efa794b1fbd252fd4b
9387c7225d094075a95c31440762144d
6c5885c9c55947d4913fe61d4656792d
b4df48500641468796926e7637c0e06e
365e9cdd203e4a23b0f93cfb666d55d0
8df5124356df42d1b80ad75668c39f30
73cf8735d30f4a51b7a72a532a6aea29
4413ff97b4c446418910302a6f20123f
5443ff855f8f46c789d132e0511e8247
854d97a0b66d4c7bb7a64a16a4265f27
231bd7063c4741818b756454f6bfd3df
12fb8e8bd1524b29833731e28cfbb5b3
0cce3ecf319b445ea841e22e6c660b53
653c0abf18ac4ab096c1abead5392033
33b541c846a649d2afa3a76363d9f298
561034f37be741f19fd78625e601cf43
6b2ee254ad8141c5a2bfa84c58ab276b
7955a65b60984f6e981a500596400503
0d210a13c24a423e8a08940b1c1dfe27
887b13500cd84b58b158f601862d9cd4
4e684499244b4619a6c1f4d9fce14b88
1d22170009204c65bfcbf6550f846662
0e2a26afe5d042cf83e339ee266866e1
5581b2bdcbd342d9a534f7034977f2e9
822b658e1b20419cabaf0f31fce26282
381c8b16788249c59f40f1c21dc28526
775a26c074b841bbbd456b34a896eb96
83252d57c93c47dd883d46b45e13fcd3
52ee856e42ee4c5788175a5b212838ce
f29a65dfe2594f5484a7a9606b2b32ed
49b58f20fef14d36b05c530215289fff
c4edfee7f1ee45538dce3f2bee7c6215
dc3a7d9c1630467c8907c8d995af110d
8a2e8e313c244bfab05ff6d47648aef3
c6978b18227e4f4db4ac1099af458ccb
20f4045945f7458fbd6e043087252816
45a713ec4769440abce04ef88704381f
52ecadb05df54df1bfdbee22d7493db0

How the fuck do you short this??? What exchange offers margin on shitcoins?

Thank you based moonman and Chang for posting this

Bump people need to see this

I'm just over here trying to eat my newly opened bottle of glue.

Can someone explain to me what is going on?

Shift, rise, lisk devs have most people's keys. It's probably not malicious and is just gross negligence, but a simple dns hijack or a rogue dev could literally clean out the entire network.

hmmm... why wasn't the FUD this intense for LSK and SHIFT then?

why did u goys let LSK get to $250mil market cap???

***$400mil market cap peak

Hahaha, I wonder if the devs have realized that yet?

We're not the first ones to sound the alarm on this.

Perhaps the latest and loudest but certainly not the first ones. Francois, the Ark dev, sounded it a long time ago.

thanks will try to use this to steal lisk
can you guys help me make it work?

>lard faggots making these FUD posts about small caps
>doesn't remember that millions of ETH got stolen and the network get compromised almost weekly

keep trying faggots. you will not stop the RISE moon mission. :)

Bump.

hopefully secure coins will increase because ppl will just accept that buying gay shitcoins that are used for nothing is pointless

I see, so rather than create a transaction and just send that, they have you send your private key instead?

>given evidence yet still shoves his fingers in the electrical socket anyways.

When has Veeky Forums ever been right?

Whatever biz shills, the complete opposite happens.

That's exactly what happens.

Yup.

Stage 1: Denial

I'd call it centralized. What you're talking about is more like a problem crypto is supposed to solve. For instance, Credit card data has to be sent through a Post request, you can't work your way around it. With that in mind you have to be careful of every single site being secure with your CC info. Generally, they state they don't store the data, but you can't really know for certain.

However, with crypto you shouldn't have this problem and it shows a clear laziness on the part of the devs.

I like how you think we're supposed to know who you and your chink friend named Chang are.

ETH

They're the biz_classic delegates...literally be here less than two days and you would know that.

>not knowing about HWNDU
>not knowing about the biz_classic delegate

Lurk more, newfag

The problem is this extends past laziness.

Every coin that forked off LISK is vulnerable only because they didn't bother to check or fix their code either.

If one dev goes rogue he can kill the coin's price and even render the entire network unusable (because delegate keys are compromised too).

If ANY of the main servers EVER get hacked, it doesn't just become a "small website hack". It becomes a looting spree where everyone logging in would have their keys stolen.

There's a reason web wallets are unsafe and should never be used. In this case, the problem is two-fold because now not only are you susceptible to hacked javascript payloads, but the code to farm your keys is already there by default.

So, as someone who has 10k RISE in bittrex, should I count my losses now and get the fuck out?

I think the question on all our minds is are you guys gonna go public with this?

We could actually organize a mass biz Exodus from those coins into a nice healthy ark pump.

Personally, this type of negligence would lead me to stay far away from any of the three coins.

LISK is the biggest offender here.

RISE is releasing a s ecure desktop wallet that's a fork of ARK, which is safe to use.

You'll have to make your own read. Just make sure you never touch the web wallets until it's confirmed fixed, and don't touch anything claiming to be a "light" wallet from any of the 3 coins.

The problem comes in if a dev goes rogue later down the line after this is fixed and the delegates or whales haven't moved their coins. They may have those wallets and delegate keys forever. That's not a good look. It means any of the three coins could potentially die at any moment in the future due to an attack by a former dev or DNS hijacker.

I'm not here to shill ARK. I was actually having some issues with the ARK community myself but mostly with the community managers (cannabanna in particular) and general hardcore ARK shills that refuse to listen to criticism.

Then I started investigating and it turns out ARK is the safest of the javascript based blockchains, which I had a nice laugh about.

ARK has a very specific purpose. If you're gambling on technology then ARK is bought because of smartbridge. If it's "javascript blockchains" you're gambling on, ARK is your coin.

I wouldn't make ARK my only hold. I hold a spread of the top 5 and ARK is my "shitcoin" pick because I think it might evolve out of its shitcoin status, especially after realizing their devs made the right choice with user security here. Though I do have more ARK then other coins except BTC/ETH.

Do your own research.

bump

HOLY SHT ANS JUST ANNOUNCE THEIR PARTNERING WITH GEORGE SOROS 50BIL MARKET CAP HE IS INVESTING 100TRILLION DOLLARS CHECK IT OUT LIVE NOW

youtu.be/3r5byXcQMGg

bump this is some big shit

Where's that whale that shilled RISE here a few days ago?

hey

He was doing it just yesterday, lmao

We should spread this on reddit

kek, Veeky Forums FUD never works

>be dev
>secretly store keys somewhere
>quit on good terms
>2 years later
>move to country without extradition
>steal all the LISK
We don't even know if this plan isn't already being implemented.

Isn't this the guy who hacked eth?

lmao. Moon man really did trigger some fagets here

Pajeets in the wild

Official developer response.

tl;dr
They knew about it and that's part of the reason why they are switching to Ark-Hybrid.

It doesn't matter that they knew because unless every single person changes their keys they'll still have them.

They're going to be forever vulnerable until they change their keys.

Idiots.

The old wallets don't matter anymore anyway, because it should all be on Bittrex. For the new wallets which are all empty too right now, they can issue a notice.

Rise is in a better position than Lisk or Shift at least.

are you telling me that my private key is in plain text in an http post request, with no encryption beyond basic https? wtf

i got some lisk at ~90k sats, its at 72k, not sure I want to sell at a loss, but I do think it's wise to get out at some point.

>are you telling me that my private key is in plain text in an http post request, with no encryption beyond basic https? wtf
Yes.

Up to you if you want to sell. Chances are only the devs received your keys but that doesn't make the situation any better.

since im a crypto idiot, what is the usual way things are done? Suppose we take BTC, and I do a transaction, I'm assuming my prviate key is not included in any html?

You create and sign the transaction locally with your private key. That signed transaction then gets sent out into the network. Your private key never leaves your computer.

Products like the Ledger Nano take it a step further where your keys are stored on the USB device itself and never even touch your computer. Your computer passes it a transaction to be signed, the ledger signs it, and gives it back to your computer to send out.

does the network have a record of my private key, or how does it verify the signature on the transaction?

>how does it verify the signature on the transaction
Crypto magic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography

stackoverflow.com/questions/454048/what-is-the-difference-between-encrypting-and-signing-in-asymmetric-encryption
>When signing, you use your private key to write message's signature, and they use your public key to check if it's really yours.

That's the entire point of crypto. Only you hold the key. The network sees your signature is valid and can prove it belongs to your key without you ever giving your actual key, that's how public-private cryptography key pairs work.

In this scenario, you aren't the only one with your key, because the devs have everyone's key as well.

Wow. Just wow
Imagine having bittrex keys, you wouldn't even need any other wallet

Holy duck6

Wtf is this shit. I own Lisk

Okay, I can respect that. But don't people need to know about this?

So the LISK dev is in the RISE slack answering questions. When asked why all the web wallets aren't secure, her response was "we were going to get rid of them but didn't yet...."

Covert Ark Shill

>b-but I'm on y-your side

MUH ARK

you guys should become consultants, coinsultants
such faggotry by devs is unforgivable and should be punished by spreading the truth, after all it's money we're talking here

I only have €30 worth of rise so it's not like I'm going to die if I lose it. Thanks for the info through

OK, after speaking with the dev, we were wrong about one thing, and that's lisk-nano. It still contains the deprecated endpoints that are totally insecure (no clue why they aren't removed yet), but if you're using the end user desktop wallet, you're fine.

If you've ever used the insecure API or any web wallet at any point, your keys were transmitted. Hopefully the web wallets get removed ASAP and SHIFT/RISE are forced to release a proper working wallet.

bumpo

I didn't like LISK from the moment I first saw their marketing. They give me a Kohny 2012 vibe.

So how do i make money out of all this?

Yea they should become consultants alright, sultans of the con. I joke fellas, you guys are alright, you guys should do a weekly crypto vlog.
I find it hard to believe they can be this stupid, its like they did it on purpose.
>The problem is this extends past laziness.
Or its something sinister, doesn't matter, it is all sorts of retarded that they're aware, doing nothing about it and giving half ass mickey mouse excuses. Get this to plebbit young fellas, the world needs to know.

Exactly, that is why the lead dev went to ARK

Based Moonman hunting the cryptojews.

fudding arkies itt! dont listen to them cryptoniggers. lisk about to go to orbit and i cant wait to see the delicioys tears of bag hodle arkfags. lol nice try

Shitting on those coins and shilling ARK as the safer alternative.

Is NEM Nano Wallet secure?

NO HE WAS "FIRED"!!!!!

>tfw NEET 4chanrs don't know that "dismissed" also means he resigned out of contract.

Yes good, but how do I profit from this?

wait

people actually store shitcoins on wallets?