I'll start with the obvious:

>mortgage
>car payments
>buying the latest gadgets constantly
>smartphone payments every month
>eating out more than once a month
>going in debt to go to college

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>chasing pussy

Expensive vacations.
Going to grad school.

working for low pay
feeding spawn
paying a guy every month for owning your home for you

poor renters detected

>Paying for concerts/plays/movies/dvds/bluray
>Going to restaurants that they can barely afford on a day-to-day basis
>Expensive hobbies (Sailing, collecting trinkets and buying overpriced watches/fashion/antiques)
>Ponzi Schemes (Insurance 'investment/savings scheme')
>Overspending on scam insurance schemes (Always read the terms of the contract or have your lawyer friend read them for you)
>Spending on drugs/hookers/pubs
>Spending on expensive vacations (Japan/Europe)
>Spending on Private Gym membership or niche shit like Zumba/Yoga/Taiji
>Buying unreliable cars (Chrysler/Old-shit Euro/American cars/Dodge/Mercury/MG/Pontiac/Range rover)
>Buying any car that is not a Toyota/Honda
>Buying a TV
>Getting a mortgage
>Signing up for a telco
>Gambling/lottery

I'd rather be a poor debt free renter than take out a small loan from (((stein)))&(((berg)))

Oh yeah and forgot
>Overspending on shit when you can get them at better quality and a better price because of laziness
>Willing to overspend on 'branding', that includes the majority of the faggots at Veeky Forums
>Overspending on a gf
>Not using your capital to either upgrade your skill set or grow your wealth
>Wasting time on frivolous shit like watching sport games/celebs (Of which the outcome does not impact your life in the slightest) or gayming
>Throwing money to Start-ups/ICOs/IPOs without doing the proper research
>Buying high and selling low
>Panic selling
>Over-hodling/hopium

>new game consoles
>having a wife or girlfriend who constantly buys stupid shit on amazon
>getting tatted up
>brandname makeup
>indulging in a nerdy hobby
>working a wageslave job without any support from a wofe/homemaker
>not buying everything secondhand
>letting kids play expensive sports
>buying kids new brandname things when they will grow out of them
i could go on. .

I sure got scammed on a tax deductable loan of 4% on an asset that has been increasing 10-15% here in Austin TX and generating 1000 bucks a month in airbnb revenue.

this isn't
but regardless
>posting threads on Veeky Forums

>wagecucking in a corporation for 4 years
>no raises

>eating out more than once a month
FUCK

>10k bucks a month
>airbnb
kek

i live pretty frugally (save about 75% of my income) but this is easily my biggest vice

i can't stand cooking/meal prep so i eat out way more than i should

>getting knocked up out of wedlock
>going to college for anything but STEM
>motorbikes
>expensive hipster coffee they just HAVE to buy every morning on the way to work
>paying someone else's mortgage
>being a literal cuck

>not reycling their food by picking out the undigested kernals of corn in thier poop

>paying someone else's mortgage
>being a literal cuck
lel housing worldwide is being propped by Chinese money. They're starting go after accounts in foreign banks if they belong to their nationals and have rolled back investments in Africa and South America. The gravy train is not gonna last forever especially if you bought a cardboard box and not a real home to live in.

yea let me just live in the stone ages again

>concerts
I recommend at least seeing your favorite band once. You never know when they'll be done touring forever

In the end it doesn't even matter

If you're saving that much you can afford to eat out. Being super frugal is for fags like me who have college debt and still work a shit job.

Yeah, fuck 3% loans I can write off on my taxes!!! Am I right my fellow millennials?!!!

Cars as investments. Then get angry when the dealer offers you $5k for your used piece of shit car.
>Dude I'm going to rent a car for this trip, the miles kill the value
Owning a car kills the value. You will never make it if you trade in your car every 2 years

I think once a week is fine, once a month is for autists.

The key is to just go to places that don't cost an arm and a leg

>Paying for concerts/plays/movies

Don't care about the Bluray/DVD shit, but c'mon. Seeing things live and loud is the best. Have you never been to a great concert, a great theatrical performance or seen a great movie in a proper cinema?

I strongly suggest you go see your fave bands at least once in live. It's a completely different experience. I have zero regrets for the money I spent on Rammstein this summer. That show was genuinely some of the most fun I've had out with friends. And I'm usually a hermit crab who stays in my home, trading crypto, programmin or gaming. I never thought I'd jump around and sing along to anything like that in my quiet, peaceful life. Live this life you're given, user. Don't just look at it as a set of numbers and charts and "lost gains".

And please, a great novie should always be seen in the cinema the FIRST time. The loud and bass-heavy, giant screen presentation of a cinema is what makes some movies truly powerful. Interstellar would NOT have had the power it did if you watched it on your laptop at home, through shitty speakers or headphones, c'mon.

you sure do seem to really know good things, buddy. where'd you get your degree?

read his post again

Don't forget
>Obesity

It costs a lot of money to eat/drink yourself fat and even more money to stay there. It's right up there with tobacco and booze and arguably worse for your health.

marriage/divorce/having kids.

to be far, my wife is my best friend. weve been married for a few years now. we work and travel. we make fitness and money gains. i dont mean to sound ghetto but shes's the definition of "ride or die" -from living in my mom's when we first returned to the U.S. (i lived in france for 3 years), literally spinning out in vermont during a snowstorm during our honeymoon to quebec, and me being diagnosed with ms a month after my wedding. she's a scientist that came with me from brittany, france so that counts for something.

im ranting...

anyway back to the thread. im lucky but definitely the aforementioned point are normie money pits.

Don't forget
>buys 6 $15 drinks every Saturday night

>Spending 10-20k on a wedding and then getting divorced few years after

>flushing the toilet more than once a week
>breaking the monthly shower rule
>not bin diving for food
>living out of home at any age
>not collecting money from wishing wells or collection bins
>having friends
>knowing about women
When will poormies learn

my friend is a divorce lawyer. his tag line is literally "you've had a great marriage so why not have a perfect divorce"

that scum. i fucking love him though

To be fair, flushing after just taking a piss does seem wasteful. If I lived alone, I wouldn't mind not flushing for some yellow water. But I do it out of habit I guess. What I have begun to do doe is pissing in the sink before I do other things that require me to have some running water anyway

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.

Incredibly unsanitary.

itt:
>spend more than they should

I wish I had a wife too,but I'm a lazy fat poor cunt piece o shit

It's funny you post this, I got free tickets to their show not too long ago.

It sucked, I should have sold it

>t.normie

>hi everyone i dont know what the word cuck means and am too proud to ask anybody for a definition

basically a nigger

things normies do that keep them poor
>making threads about things normies do that keep them poor

looks like we have a poormie over here I bet you dont even eat your own semen for sustenance

Good job user, but please tell me she was a virgin when you met her.

>Rammstein
This, my nigga. Seeing them at Jones Beach was not as expensive as Chicago was but I have zero regrets

I am a sucker for the concertjew, though it's just about my only vice

When were they at Jones Beach? I'm going to Iron Maiden tonight at Barclay's Center

You mean... anything fun?

What the fuck is the point of money if you're never going to spend it? What are you even trying to be rich for?

For some people, money is an illness. They just want to see numbers in their bank account grow and nothing else.

My parents know a couple like that. Both huge Jews, they haven't changed/renovated anything in their house for 20 years. Always buy the cheapest everything. Haven't been on vacation in years. Husband went on retirement and still works for cash on the side. Live a totally average middle class life but have 8 figures in the bank account. It makes no sense

>Going to college
>Owning a car
>Moving out of their parents house
>Buying ETFs
>Working a formal job
>Not owning a bunch of shitcoins
>Not stealing food from buffets
>Buying new clothes instead of shopping at thrift stores
>Wearing new shoes instead of buying used military surplus boots
>Flushing the toilet
>Not leeching off of their parents until they die
>Not getting their Business and Investment advice from NEETs on Veeky Forums
>Working a real job instead of daytrading shitcoins and dropshipping shit on eBay
>Actually having friends
>Having a girlfriend
>Going on vacations
>Reproducing
>Taking care of their elderly relatives who are sick and unable to work
>Not stealing bikes then selling them on Craigslist
>Not shoplifting

Stupid poorfags am I right

It's amazing how people here think the thing that keeps people from being successful is going to a restaurant twice a month rather than just... i don't know, maybe fucking working instead of trading crpytocurrencies?

kek

Gotta disagree with u a bit there buddy. It's much easier to save up money quicker in the long run by cutting your living cost vs increasing your salary.

You have to think of it as each dollar that you spend now and don't invest could have grown to be 20+ dollars by the time you retire. The more you save now the richer you will be by far because the compound interest over time works amazingly.

Poke around this guy's site, he has some good stuff.

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

I plan on grinding super hard in my 20s to have a big head start, relaxing a bit in my 30s, and retiring in my 40s. Retired by 45 with 1.5 mil in high dividend paying stocks is the goal.

>It's much easier to save up money quicker in the long run by cutting your living cost vs increasing your salary.

No it isn't... You can increase your income to no end. Whereas cutting down your living costs gets to a point where to cut an additional $200 it requires you to live like a peasant.

>You have to think of it as each dollar that you spend now and don't invest could have grown to be 20+ dollars by the time you retire. The more you save now the richer you will be by far because the compound interest over time works amazingly.

But what if you want it NOW? Your life age 20-30 is more important than your life at 50-70. The goal should be maximizing your income and buying things for value. Not pennypinching on your fucking Netflix subscription to save $8 per month.

Ya its all up to personal preference basically. I want to penny pinch now so that when I'm 45 I can basically be a neet. But with my current salary I could easily afford to buy the corvette c7 z06 that I want, but u won't because that's not my goal.

And be realistic, you can't increase your salary infinitely the same way you can't cut your living costs. Of course you still live with the necessities but you try to cut out a lot of the things normies overspend on

What does it even matter? Either you save 1 dollar a month on a phone payment or whatever, or you increase your salary by 1 dollar a month. A dollar is a dollar, I really don't see ur point.

>borrowing money for any reason outside a business investment or survival.

I live alone and I don't flush pisses. If I don't do a home shit for a few days, the deep yellow begins to take on a smell kind of like hot dogs. I really like it.

I have very low water bills.

What if I own a 4k projector and a 7.2 home theater system? I can watch any movie I want whenever I want on my comfortable sofa.

>going to church

buying a lot of alcohol (bonus points if they buy it at venues where the prices are huge)

i'm in college and a guy i know who spends exorbitant amounts of money on drink tokens then has to beg his parents for food money at the end of the week. his constant hangovers keep his class attendance low and the funniest thing is he's usually so fucked up that he doesn't even manage to use all the tokens he's bought

yeah and renting a lambo and driving real fast is great too, doesn't mean you should do it every week. if you're poor, live frugally and save until you're not. learning to be happy without consuming the stuff a western person is expected to consume, such as the meme movie of the month is a lot better than struggling to come by because you're sinking your money in corporate-produced distractions

I guy at work who is on I'd say around £40k told me he spent £1300 on a fucking tent, And the way he said it was also in a slight bragging tone.

It blew my mind

>he doesn't know that mortgage payments can be cheaper than renting and also enable a secondary income source years before "paid in full" plebs

>he bought a dilapidated 50's ranch in the ghetto that smells like cat piss everywhere with the power lines drooping down over the backyard gaza strip style and talks about how it's cheaper than an apartment

M8, just piss on the shower, just before soaping, when water is running.
No sanitary issue, and water was used anyway.

>all this entitlement

Nice argument btw

800$ in the green every month and over 100k in equity after 4 years

>the sweet anal pain from hitting too close to home
>actually considering your primary residence an investment
>being ok with paying the bank a quarter of the value of the home
I don't need an argument, the $200k I actually invested will actually bring me capital gains and dividends, and I also don't have to park to the side of the gravel road in a ditch, where jamal will slash my tires

>control f
>video games
>0 of 0
>mfw

Trump U

>car payments
how are you supposed to make any money without having atleast a junker.

> if you're poor, live frugally and save until you're not
Lol nobody saved their way our of poverty

> learning to be happy without consuming the stuff a western person is expected to consume, such as the meme movie of the month is a lot better than struggling to come by because you're sinking your money in corporate-produced distractions
I agree with you on this

in my country it's the other way around. rents are so low that people who buy can barely cover the mortgage payments from rent. and of course you have other costs with ownership. around 5% a year of total value. adding to this that renting is low risk option and offers high mobility on the job market... which results in renting being more economically sound.

>Lol nobody saved their way our of poverty
i have. i was poor as fuark and now i have years of living expenses saved up. i could even stretch it out if i gave a bit from my standards again.

>Spending money on friends instead of hanging out with dogs
>Paying for rent or a mortgage instead of living in a big barrel
>Chasing pussy instead of jerking off in public
>Paying for your own food instead of mooching off of everyone else

>buying the latest gadgets constantly
>smartphone payments every month
that's me, but i'm not poor. every single tech equipment i have is high end, or best what the market has to offer. feels fucking good

Thats good but unless that money is making you passive income, you'll be right when you started if you stop and burn through it cking. Obviously we're talking about western poverty, not absolute african poverty.

>eating junkfood
This stuff is multiple times as expensive as self cooked food.
You can litteraly live good of 2-3$ worth of food per day if you know where to buy what.
Also self cooked food is more healthy and allows for longer live, wich allows for more investments.

Keynes was right though.

>What is stagflation

i'm eastern european but poverty here means you don't have a stable income you have trouble properly (often have to get handouts and eat crappy cheap food) feeding no money for health and entertainment or even the utilities. that's poverty.

now with a stable income you are pretty much out of this but the poor still have no security as soon as they lose their job they fall back under the poverty line.

then comes the middle class they have savings they can weather a year or two without stable employment, sudden medical expenses don't floor them etc... they can afford some quality vacation every year and can buy a car out of their pocket if they want to. that's where i am now. going for the sweet 25 years of living cost saved up. at around 5 years now getting 2 years saved up every year so an other 10 or even less depending on my luck with investments.

i was not at the bottom because i was never homeless but i had trouble paying rent and utilities and had to go real cheap ass on the food. usually ate rice with eggs or rice with plain cooked or grilled chicken breast and lot's of bread. i think i had my food expenditure well under 2 dollars a day.

That is entirely subjective and his economic model is reaching the end of its lifecycle. It's unsustainable without some disutopian future feudal system.

goddamn user. stop with the self deprication. we're all gonna make it

Fuck off Diogenes. Take your stupid lantern somewhere else.

This times a million. Pussy is easily the fastest way to hemorrhage money outside of a hospital visit. Especially if you're the kind of guy who gets addicted to strip clubs, camwhores, etc.

fucking normies

People just flush it? Wow.

>still haven't seen Mission of Burma, Built to Spill or Radiohead live

But I got to see autechre when they played at the Honda Theatre in La 2 years ago

>ms

that sucks man, how are you coping?

>work with russian retard
>constantly bitches about "i have so much debt, i need more money"
>proceeds to
>buy a new bedroom for his shittie appartment
>buy a new couch
>buy a new car
>takes money from parents to pay for it
>still bitches about not enough money

I asked him why he bought all this stuff if he can't affort to
>i wanted a new bedroom for a while now
>i needed a new couch (the old one was perfectly fine max 1 year old and looked really good)
>my old car is not good enough anymore (no technical or mechanical issues)

Told him to play lotto...

Kill your self
The only thing you're allowed to do is buying merch from your favorite lightnovel anime adoption

T.broke ass nigger

This x 1000. Money is only good for enhancing your life or the life of your loved ones.

When I started my business it was purely to make my life better, to afford expensive hobbies that I enjoy and take trips to exotic places. That's the type of thing that gets me through the 12 hour work days.

If I woke up at 5am and thought "If i don't do anything fun for the next 20 years I'll be a millionaire" I'd just turn over and go back to sleep.

good on you for not being retarded like most people around here (Im guessing). After 6 years of working, I'm up to ~$300k, and the accumulation is only going to speed up now that I have some wealth built up and better-than-entry-level wages and benefits. I'll probably slow down and take it easy before hitting $1M though. Maybe another 5 or 6 years and I'll be close enough to coast if I want to.

June 26 I think. Might go to the Saturday concert.

Also buying $40 tour t-shirts is not exactly Veeky Forums approved

>ms

Met somebody with it, horrible disease. I hope they find a core soon man. Very brave of you to be so open about it.

I spend $30-$60 out at clubs every week, so am I chasing pussy?

Overall its $1560 - $3120 a year.

Around $10,920 - $21,840 in total over my youthful years, but damn pussy is good.

but there are good free games with in-game purchases that doesn't affect gameplay only visuals.

I mean staying at home and playing games rather then go out to bars or clubs saves a good amount of money
Yet you are human and do need to go out sometimes to meet people which will make you happier!

what country?