Has a "Great Person" appeared in this century yet?

Has a "Great Person" appeared in this century yet?

David Foster Wallace

He's done for harm than good for his country and ruined Ukraine. Putin is a corrupt war Mongerer that is stopping his country from making progress

*more

me

me

>muh progress
Meaning gay pedophilia and mass immigration from the third world.

No thanks

We get just as many immigrants as the Europeans but we're also the world's #1 AIDS ridden shithole, our economy depends on oil and gas and our people are absolute cucks.

'great' doesn't necessarily mean 'good'. It mainly refers to your deeds being great, influential and large rather than positive. E.g. Alexander the Great is called great because he conquered most of the known world, not because his rule was good because he never got to actually rule his empire. And think of the thousands and maybe even millions who died during his wars.

Trump

elon musk

arguably Duterte depending on your definition of "great" and how the rest of his presidency goes

me

dubs and I'll create a new roman empire by 2030

Progress as in economic progress, People in Russia live off shit wages and it has terrible infrastructure. The government does absolutely nothing to fix the country, it's a corrupt commieblock shithole
Also
>highest murder rate in Europe
>highest abortion rate in Europe
>highest AIDS rate in Europe
>most civilians are addicted to alcohol
>Chechens

>dude Russia is based and "redpilled" lmao

>fast tracking China's plans of holding the Southeast Asian waterways by 50 years

Yeah that guy is definitely one for the history books.

That what every enemies of great man says

>1945+72
>Still believing in the naive idea of progress

Sure, but they've mostly been thwarted by a very vigilant and collected status quo.

It's only during times of poverty, famine or social unrest that the Great Man can rise to his position.

We're seeing the economics which enthroned this status quo come to a head, with clearly unsustainable policies, not only from a practical standpoint, but from a political one, as well.. We'll get there, don't worry.

Yeezy

nope, it has to do with our time period

Try to think of a great person from the 20s-30s in the west (did whatever great actions during this time period, not just alive at this point). This time period was a time of splendor until the great depression. The 40s-50s had a huge amount of great people in comparison.

Donald John Trump

It's a work in progress, Frederick the Great was at one point facing total defeat you know

>ruined Ukraine
Ukraine was ruined in the 90s.

I say a lot of people influenced the path of the world

Osama bin Ladin
Khomeini
Putin
Dubya
Obama
Trump
kim jong il

now if you were to ask which changed things for the better the answer is no

GOOD GOOD AMERICAN WRITER
YEAH YEAH YEAH, INFINITE JEST

>when the entire world wants you to stand down, but you ignore them, and now they want you to stay in place as they realise you were the best option all along

Say what you will but so far he's the only leader in the world who has expanded his country's borders in the 21st century. Not just that but he has (potentially) helped to get leaders that are more sympathetic to him elected or promoted in several western countries.

me

michael gira

Ukraine has been ruined for a long time. That aside though, Great does not equate to good.

Long live Assad

>Has a "Great Person" appeared in this century yet?
Absolutely, yes! Roger Federer is not only the greatest Tennis player to have ever walked the earth, no he is also an enlightened being, multi millionaire, philanthropist and double tapping sex god.
You are so fortunate to be alive in his time and age.

Based Assad. I'll never forgive those Kikes for ruining this great man's country. I hope he can rebuild Syria quickly and give those Heebs some real chemical warfare

Angela Merkel weirdly enough

>when you deep inside know this is true but you just cannot cope with it.

>great means good
A lot of people are remembered for being authoritarian tyrants

yep, he's a cunt but he'll be remembered

Erdogan

Trump is the Rasputin of the 21st century.