How did the Clintons become so demonized...

How did the Clintons become so demonized? Bill was the only Democratic president in recent history to get the most conservative states to vote for him. How did the name "Clinton" become as hated as it has. Could the same thing happen to other politicians in the future Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/the-cra-debate-a-users-guide-2009-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think part of it has to do with their tendency for policy triangulation, cynically calculated compromise, and realpolitik. Combine that with Hillary's utter lack of charisma and you get a losing candidate.

The Republican part has always hated Bill Clinton for defeating Bush and ending 12 years of White House control. Their reputation now is just the result of 25 years of butthurt.

I'm extremely serious about this question, so here me out.

What if in 1995, when Clinton was preparing to fuck Monica Lewinsky, instead he turned into a snake?

In this scenario: in that winter day, Monica doesn't show up in that office. Clinton is sitting in an armchair alone, when suddenly he feels off.

Literally at a desk, he documents his experience:

>his skin discolors
>it becomes rougher
>his tongue forks
>eyes goes black, it becomes hard to write
>legs shrink into body
>arms shrink into bodies, Bill can no longer write

The rest of the transformation takes place; what was once a human of normal stature is now a slender creature of significant girth.

This scenario assumes that Clinton retains his intelligence. What happens next? The first obstacle would be him to survive until his cabinet finds him. Then the next challenge is convincing them who he is. Best case is that he does, but what about everyone else? Is he able to continue his job? How is he treated by peers, the general public, and enemies?

Discuss.

The Clintons are a literal mafia crime family that murdered dozens of people normie media like rush Limbaugh doesn't even touch this instead just deriding him for lying about getting a blowjob from the mossad agent Monica (((Lewinsky))).

Bill was okay president overall though.

You're worse than the turkposter

Oh wait that's me :^)

>The Clintons are a literal mafia crime family that murdered dozens of people normie media like rush Limbaugh doesn't even touch this instead just deriding him for lying about getting a blowjob from the mossad agent Monica (((Lewinsky))).

you sound emotionally healthy

I think it was all the murders.

It's true. Clintons are cocaine king pins. Lewinsky was sent by mossad after Clinton told Ariel Sharon to shove it.

>Clintons are cocaine king pins
You have Clinton confused with Reagan

how did obama turn the frogs gay?

The real reason is that Hillary painted a big target on both their backs by making her presidential ambitions apparent too early. By discrediting Bill Clinton during his term, the Republicans can also discredit Hillary Clinton for when she officially runs for president. The plan worked perfectly.

Neo-liberal economic policies combined with 20+ years of bullshit spewed by the right wing media.

u wot m8

They're both incredibly shady people with checkered pasts and a history of people around them meeting conveniently untimely ends. Even ignoring the more conspiracy aspects of them the Clinton Foundation essentially being a front for those with money (private individuals and foreign entities) to peddle influence or to make themselves richer is pretty much out in the open so they're, at their best, horrifically corrupt people.

Bill at least had the personable charisma that Reagan had to make people turn a blind eye towards his shadier shit but ignoring that the '90s were good mainly off the back of the tech boom and once that bubble collapsed so too did the good times. His presidency also led to the further polarization of American politics though that's more on the Republicans/Reaganites going nuclear at having lost a little bit of power (even though most of what Bill was for they were for). That's all to say nothing of the bullshit sanctions on Iraq and bombing runs on Syria as well as the NATO operation in Yugoslavia.

Hillary, while being as equally corrupt and personally detestable, does not have even a fraction of the same charisma that her husband has. Combine all of his worst qualities with the personality of a haranguing battle axe and it's easy to see why others don't like her.

Bill Clinton is the only president to give the USA many years of superavit.

I am not American, but I am 33 and I remember how there were people in the late 90 wondering on how a future in which the USA had not debt would be.
I think Bill isnt given enough credit for that.
Those superavits were ruined by the Bush Son tax cuts that never paid for themselves, and the Bush Son wars.
Also, the 90s were the peak of American power (due to the fall of the soviet union), everybody thought America had won a complete victory (The end of History of Fukuyama), and the pop culture of the 90s was much better than anything post 2000s.

> source, Infowarez.com

Back to r/Politics with you.

This.

This past election was the first presidential election year for a lot of younger people on the left. They didn't grow up in the 90's so they didn't realize how cartoonishly "tough on crime" everyone was back then, including the Clintons. "Tough on crime" usually amounted to short sighted anti-drug and mandatory minimum bills and policies that were supported just as much on the Right as the Left.

The HillDawg quote about black teenagers being animals didn't help either.

>he turned into a snake?
I mean, he's already a politician

sup reddit

she won more votes than trump did
>inb4 electoral college
yes, I know.

FPBP

The popular vote literally has never mattered in American presidential elections, people only bring it up when they're butthurt about the electoral college

Don't you have a pizza parlor to shoot up?

Go back to /r/conspiracy

their greedy status climbers.

bill clinton is responsible for a lot of the laws and policies that caused the 2008 global financial crisis.

bill signed NAFTA and made China outsourcing possible.

bill failed to handle Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda. he thought he could have Sudan deport Bin Laden to Saudi Arabia. then hope the saudis would arrest bin laden. leaving the white house with a basic warning to the bush administration.

bill clinton got us involved in the yugoslavian wars.

bill clinton signed an aid package to north korea, in exchange for them not making nuclear weapons. we know how that turned out.

hillary is a fucking carpet bagger. buys a mansion in NY's rich banker area. so she coudl then run for senate. because like hell she was going to leave DC.

last time someone rode Ted Kennedy as hard as hillary did. ted left her to drown in his car. all of her supposed accomplishments as first lady and senator, were her taking credit for Ted Kennedy's work.

then you have the whole clinton foundation deal. taking millions and millions of dollars from some of the worst governments on the planet, (((banks and investing firms))), large multinational corporations, etc.

hillary voted for the wars. then runs a campaign saying they were wrong.

>bill clinton got us involved in the yugoslavian wars

Serbia deserved to get bombed.

>The HillDawg quote about black teenagers being animals didn't help either.
definitely, but the irony is that hillary did actually work with black youths in her youth while trump was implicated with his father (and he later denied the charges) in discriminating against black looking to buy their real estate and, without any political motive to justify it like Hillary did, went out of his way to take an ad in a newspaper calling for the execution of the central park 5, topkek

Because the common people are stupid and don't understand economics or political policy.

Vast right wing conspiracy

I like this pasta

>bill failed to handle Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda.
hindsight. and we know the blame lies just as easily on Bush and before that our funding of afghan rebels against the soviets in the 80s.

>bill clinton got us involved in the yugoslavian wars.
a minor incident that also lasted very shortly.

>bill signed NAFTA and made China outsourcing possible.
yes

>bill clinton is responsible for a lot of the laws and policies that caused the 2008 global financial crisis.
maybe. but it still doesn't explain why he created a budget surplus and why bush during his eight year stewardship did nothing to change course and prevent a crisis.

>their greedy status climbers.
sour grapes much? all politicians are status climbers. everyone in this country is a status climber and everyone is greedy.

>hillary is a fucking carpet bagger.
this isn't inherently bad

>buys a mansion in NY's rich banker area. so she coudl then run for senate.
ambitious and a bit underhanded but absolutely nothing illegal here

>last time someone rode Ted Kennedy as hard as hillary did. ted left her to drown in his car. all of her supposed accomplishments as first lady and senator, were her taking credit for Ted Kennedy's work.
details? even if true, its common for politicians to take credit for things they didn't do. see: every president who takes credit for a good economy during their term.

>then you have the whole clinton foundation deal. taking millions and millions of dollars from some of the worst governments on the planet, (((banks and investing firms))), large multinational corporations, etc.
nothing illegal was ever discovered. yes these investors may have been looking for future favors but there was no indication that they were actually going to get those favors, or that there was any quid pro quos in the first place.

>hillary voted for the wars. then runs a campaign saying they were wrong.
yes. but to state again: politicians flip flop and are allowed to change their positions.

cont.
I agree shillary's neocon ties were worrying and her support of gaddafi's deposition was also questionable. however, if we're talking about the recent election and putting the candidates side to side, its clear that Trump also flipflopped over supporting the war and he's documented to have done shady things with his own foundation's money. With this in mind there's no reason to demonize hillary while many chose to outright ignore Trump's enormous flaws

> Bombing Serbs
> Wrong in any way

Wesley Clark do it again

>You're worse than the turkposter
>Oh wait that's me :^)

kys yourself

>excuse me, but I believe i'm the last good Democrat. when I left office. I helped found a new baptist church, when the southern baptists when nuts. I built, and continue to build, homes for the poor. i speak out against Israel because they keep violating peace deals and agitating the situation. I didn't make my self rich of my time as president.
>oh and I defeated the soviet union and fixed the american economy. even though that actor gets the credit.
Bush jr actually wanted to do something about the impending housing bubble. he was blocked 3 times by congress.

Osama's beef with the USA was the military bases in Saudi Arabia. it has nothing to do with our support to afghan rebels. Osama was in pakistan for most of the conflict with the soviets.

> Bush jr actually wanted to do something about the impending housing bubble. he was blocked 3 times by congress.

No he didn't, he was the one who greenlighted the initiative to offer loan subsidizing to families who could not afford homes, driving up the demand and therefore cost of sub-prime housing.

Not that user but its when you combine all those things together which makes it so bad, individuals might tick one or two of those boxes but she ticks many of them and was in the business of creating a dynasty based on that.

>, its clear that Trump also flipflopped over supporting the war

There is a big difference between making comments as a businessman and voting and advocating for it as a senator.

>done shady things with his own foundation's money

The size and scale make it hard to compare - the Clinton foundation has close to half a billion dollars in assets and 2000 employees compared to Trumps which has no employees and roughly 2 million in assets. Likewise the Trump foundations largest donor is a Wrestling Organisation whilst the Clintons are foreign governments.

>With this in mind there's no reason to demonize hillary

You think Trump was not and does not continue to been deamonised daily? Hillary gets off very light compared to him especially when you consider the relative scale of their activities and the positions they were in when they carried them out.

more illegal votes you mean

It doesn't matter when deciding who wins the campaign.

It absolutely matters when discussing a person's popularity. Clinton lost fair and square but there were absolutely more people in America that preferred her being in the white house to Trump- that is where popular vote does have meaning.

except you're wrong.
businessinsider.com/the-cra-debate-a-users-guide-2009-6

Clinton and other Democrats threatened the banks with new regs unless they started giving out horrible loans. Which of course would all be backed and securitized by democrat creations Fannie and Freddie.

now of course Bush did do his part and keeping that bubble rolling.

Hillary won California by a larger percentage than democrats usually do. Which gave her the 3 million lead.

No, it was the damocrats who promoted loans to people who couldn't repay them, and forced the lending institutions to provide the loans. you are a commie shill fuckface transgender faggot moron for blaming any republican for this.

>killing civilians under the pretense of stopping the killing of civilians
>justified

By your logic 9/11 was justified since Bin Laden wanted the US to stop interfering in the Middle East.

Nice attempt to shitpost about Hillary /pol/fags, real fuckin subtle.

Votes by non-citizens have no meaning whatsoever. Without voter id, no popular vote means shit.

Which means that more people voted for her. I don't get this fetishization of geographical diversity.

The vast majority of the US population lives on the coast. If more of them vote for a candidate then that candidate has more votes.

If she and Trump were perfectly tied in every state and she got 3mil more in California she'd still be the candidate with the more votes. If we're talking about the popular vote, not the EC, it doesn't matter one bit which areas the votes come from.

The difference being that Operation Allied Force ended the Yugoslav Wars entirely.

killing all the muslims and Serb conquest of everyone but Slovenia and Croatia would have ended it too.

the question is, what was the benefit to the USA to intervene and affect a different outcome?