Noob here. Are fees supposed to be this high? Using Electrum

Noob here. Are fees supposed to be this high? Using Electrum.

>he thinks these fees are high
With doubling of tx in November and btc going up you're looking at 100$ on every transaction in 2 years.

Isn't segwit supposed to drive the cost of the fees down?

>muh fees
i'm so sick of you fee faggots. you're like those jews who steal ketchup packets from restaurants.

>With doubling of tx in November and btc going up you're looking at 100$ on every transaction in 2 years.

>I'm a moron

If you actually think this will happen you should invest every single one of your pennies into Blockstream

UASF was going to lower fees but not segwit2x. This what we litecoiners have been saying all along. The miners were never going to surrender their bread and butter.

>segwit is a 1.7x effective block size increase
>enables off chain transactions
>won't lower fees

How dumb are you people?

What are the "additional fees"?

By August 2:
BTC to $3500
BTC transaction fees to $300

BTC is a mess

i was thinking the same. op probably got his electrum from a sleazebag

op, there is no such thing as "additional fees". either you got malware, or downloaded a fishy, tampered electrum. do not put your password there

I'm talking about the additional fees you retards. £4 is way too high for a £50 transaction, the size would be around 500 bytes max.

I got it off the Electrum.org website. I've exported my private keys, what software wallets do you guys recommend?

somehow you got jewed. There is not "additional fees" on electrum.

t.electrum user

Did you enable 2FA when you made your Electrum wallet?

never seen that either. used electrum like a week ago.

why the fuck did you do that when you can manually set your fees? take 2 second to change the settings.

I saw a thread where one guy tried that but it wouldn't let him send anything because the fees were too low.

I also have a question, should I transfer my bitcoin to my own wallet from an exchange beause of the August 1st event? Or is it safe to keep them on exchanges?

Turns out I did, just made a new wallet, without 2FA and restored it from the Electrum seed. Thank you user.

They make you pay additional fees for 2FA? What kinda 2FA is that?

Changing fees did nothing, it was an additional charge levied by TrustedCoin because I had apparently turned 2FA on.

It's .002 BTC for 10 transaction iirc and TrustedCoin cosign your transaction to verify I believe. Seems like a stupid system desu.

Its the most secure savings account of all crypto.

>not """stealing""" ketchup sachets
Stupid goyim