Does existence precede essence?

Does existence precede essence?

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/ibn-sina-metaphysics/#EssExi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Essence is existence.

However, not all existence has essence.

I want to understand Sartre's philosophy. Existence preceding essence is basically the same thing as the concept of Tabula Rasa, right?

Impossible to discern.

Word salad. It means nothing. It literally means fucking nothing.

It's like a zen koan but instead with the disgusting secular deification that only shitlibs could come up with.

No, essence precedes existence, this is exactly why it is so important you deny women access to your essence which is in your bodily fluids.

>Stop speaking in ways I can't understand!

Give me a precise definition of both?

I can fucking guarantee you that they will be so obtusely vague that they can describe any object and any system we can conceptualize.

CONT.

And such vagueness is fucking useless for solving actual problems and for coming up with philosophy that has actual meaning and utility for people.

Not that guy, but plato.stanford.edu/entries/ibn-sina-metaphysics/#EssExi

You're welcome.

Oh fucking wow, instead of being able to clearly describe it, you give me a link to word salad.

Thank you user, this shit pie with a dingleberry cherry is fucking delicious.

CONT.

You do realize the fucking uselessness of academic word games in solving actual problems in reality?

CONT.

Tell me how "existence" and "essence" accurately describe things.

Tell me the "essence' of a chair and the "existence" of a chair.

I'm not that guy. You clearly had no idea what he was talking about, so I provided you with an explanation. Stop being an idiot.

You probably don't understand how much 'word salad' gives definition to the law.

Postmodernist spotted.

You didn't provide me an explanation, you linked me to retarded assholes who think that playing abstract word games are valid ways of investigating the shit around us.

Abstract word games that give a false sense of "understanding" shit.

Common law has a centuries tradition and actually deals with the innumerable number of circumstances that have faced men.

Contract law especially delves into notions of hedging against risk and the unknown.

I'm fucking done.

Actually I'm not done, yet.

>Tell me how "existence" and "essence" accurately describe things.
>
>Tell me the "essence' of a chair and the "existence" of a chair.

Answer you motherfuckers.

Now I'm done.

You didn't ask for an explanation. You said it means nothing. That's clearly not true, and you were provided with evidence to the contrary.

The fact that you're moving goalposts and/or too stupid to understand a philosophical wiki isn't exactly my problem. Nor am I an expert on early Islamic philosophers.

This is clearly all going way past your head, so just quiet down and drop it. If you're not interested in theology, then don't bother posting in a thread about it.

>clearly not true

If it's clearly not true, clearly explain to me the "existence" and "essence" of a fucking chair.

In STEM fields, there's actual tools to garner actual information about objects.

You're the same desperate motherfucker in the modern art thread.

Play Nier: Automata. I wish I was joking.

Essence is the design principles of a chair -- basic shit like being something to sit on that accommodates leg room. Existence is the literal chair that concretely exists.

Asking if essence precedes existence is if there is some pure ideal chair we can draw design inspiration from to create a good chair, or whether we got the idea of what constitutes a chair from all the chair-like things we have encountered since being aware that we need to sit down occasionally.

Do I need to get any more simpler than that? Let me know.

Finally, a decent explanation. Thank you. Jesus fucking christ.

But essence seems like a regurgitated platonism that reflects retarded attempts to "top-down" reality.

It seems to avoid the very ordinary process of cybernetics between stimuli and cognition.

Ha, you really are a postmodernist. Don't let Veeky Forums fool you, it's a good thing.

>But essence seems like a regurgitated platonism that reflects retarded attempts to "top-down" reality.

Basically true.