Ripple haters BTFO

Ripple haters BTFO.

This is how a crypto ultimately succeeds - get the government on your side. Inb4 "muh jew coin". XRP will be king.

Other urls found in this thread:

livebitcoinnews.com/dozens-banks-board-ripple-xrp/
ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/
livebitcoinnews.com/xrp-q2-report-shows-ripple-quite-well-matters/
finance.yahoo.com/news/75-banks-now-ripples-blockchain-network-162939601.html
ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-xrp-can-cut-banks-global-settlement-costs-up-to-60-percent/
ripple.com/technical-faq-ripple-consensus-ledger/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Be in crypto
>invest in fed

it is somehow possible to be at the right place in the right time and still be a moron

>thinking you can usurp the fed

They own you, putz. You and nearly every government on this planet. And they've got the worlds most advanced military backing them up. You don't have the resources to compete. Play along or be left with worthless bags.

TIME TO MOON

>usurp

Never said anything of the sort.

I will take my decentralized bags over your ripple tokens (which apparently has no real use besides speculative value).

Best of luck to you my jewish friend.

top kek

>no real use

Sir, do you have the dumb?

XRP will be the only coin surviving the bubble burst.

the big companies will not use xrp lol, they will have their own shit
xrp does not have any fucking value

Very impressive how much unbacked bs one person can convey in such a short sentence.
Got any proof for your arguments? No.
Ripple do NOT Need any big companies. They need the banks. They need the government.
Seems like they Got some banks. Seems like they got important institutions such as the freakin FED......
No matter if you like xrp of simply hatte it because it's creation is basically everything crypto should stand for, you have to admit that it is only a matter of time until xrp will see a more than decent rise.
But we all geht it:
'Muh, jews. Muh, b-banks. Muh, ththey will ALL make their own shit token '

1) xrp is not used by the ripple platform except as a reserve currency for currency pairs that do not trade directly with one another.
ripple platform = pretty cool, xrp currency = complete trash

2) XRP is literal monopoly money, most of the coins are premined and Ripple control the circulating supply.Their market cap is extremely manipulated.

*basically opposing everything that crypto should stand for

Holy fuck, no wonder Veeky Forums never mentions XRP.
You retards have literally no idea how it works

to understand the massive potential of XRP they would actually have to do some reading
cant expect that from Veeky Forumstards

livebitcoinnews.com/dozens-banks-board-ripple-xrp/
read it and weep nigger

>livebitcoinnews.com/dozens-banks-board-ripple-xrp/
wrong

just another uninformed XRP hater because "muh blockchain is speical"

ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/

what is the first thing you see on ripples own page, you stupid cunt?

Are you even aware that japan and thailand have ALREADY launched the network USING xrp?

livebitcoinnews.com/xrp-q2-report-shows-ripple-quite-well-matters/
Same author

Can you enlighten us XRP poojets?

Simple. XRP is targeting the international money transfer market which moves over $5 trillion around the world.

EVERY.
DAY.

fucking jesus even if 1 trillion of this goes to ripple I will have a raging hard on for years

Considering the fact that banks are starting to back it and its huge market cap, why is this shit 0.18 cents?

New to cryptos and i dont get this. I've been doing research on a few altcoins and most of them seem fucking useless or sketchy at best. Ripple actually seems like it would have potential.

Will the price eventually go to the moon?

or is it like said and the platform is great but the actual currency trash

Because banks are slow to implement anything new. Understand that the current system used by banks (SWIFT) was first derived in the 70s.

Banks can't just hop onboard any new tech on a whim. There are hoards of regulations they must abide, and when all that is done they will test, test, and test again - which is what they are doing now.

XRP has been fairly stagnant for years because Ripple was busy meeting all of the regulatory requirements to do what they intend to do. Ripple is now SEC registered and sits on a Federal Reserve committee.

Can ANY other crypto make this claim? No.

And before all the XRP haters come in, I'll address the standard FUD:

> No banks are using Ripple/XRP

Over 75 banks already onboard.

finance.yahoo.com/news/75-banks-now-ripples-blockchain-network-162939601.html

> Banks will use Ripple's technology but not XRP.

They can, but using XRP saves 60% on remittance costs. Banks exist to make profit. Do the math.

ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-xrp-can-cut-banks-global-settlement-costs-up-to-60-percent/

>Banks may use Ripples technology, but not XRP when they can just make their own token and use it on the Ripple network.

They certainly can. But good luck getting Bank Of America to accept payment in tokens created by JP Morgan.

That is the whole reason SWIFT exists. There must be a neutral 3rd party to facilitate transactions.

And then of course the retard FUD

>But muh jew coin, muh centralization, muh crypto will overthrow the banks!

These people are fucking idiots. Regulation is coming to the crypto world, mark my words. Do you honestly believe the SEC and the Fed are turning a blind eye to the millions upon millions of dollars being ripped off in hacks and ICO scams?

Trust me, the government is going to come down on this market like a fucking hammer. 90% of all cryptos are going to go *POOF* when that happens. The only ones that will survive are the ones that will meet with government approval. XRP has done that already. Not a single other crypto has.

To close, buying XRP right now is like buying Microsoft in 1979. It's a gamble. The odds are in your favor however it is not a guarantee.

But - if XRP captures even a fraction of the market it's aiming for (and it seems to be doing so)... well, y'all talk about wanting to drive lambos? Here it is staring you in the face.

>Microsoft's share cap was worth 7 billion in 1979

No you idiot. No.

XRP needs to be cheap and stable for Ripple to succeed. It's already bordering on too expensive.

No, XRP needs to be expensive since it will have to handle millions of bank movements per day, it would need a couple of trillion marker cap as minimum

So cool! I can't wait for my XRP to be worth 1.25 USD in 5 years

>XRP needs to be expensive since it will have to handle millions of bank movements per day

non sequitur

And then of course there's idiots like this who are obsessed with "market cap".

Market cap is absolutely meaningless in the crypto world. These are CURRENCIES, not stocks. What is the "market cap" of the dollar, jackass?

Does XRP need to be stable? Yes.
Cheap? No.

Stability is increasing. In case you haven't noticed, XRP is dehinging itself from BTC. In Q1 2017, 85% of all XRP trades were XRP/BTC. At the end of Q2 it was 63%. XRP?FIAT is gaining at an exponential rate.

It doesn't "need" to be cheap, nor does it "need" to be expensive. All it "needs" is parity with it's transaction volume.

Did I mention market cap you pajeet autist?

I'm talking about the value of XRP itself. XRP NEEDS TO BE AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE for Ripple to gain traction with banks

It ALSO NEEDS TO BE AS STABLE AS POSSIBLE

Guess what? XRP was one of the most volatile coins during the crash and dropped a whopping 40% in a day.

If they succeed, it will be worth FAR more than $1.25 in 5 years.

>These are CURRENCIES, not stocks

Then why did you bring up Microsoft in 1979 then you fucking retard. I'm convinced you're a discord pajeet

Did you already forget what you typed? >Microsoft's share cap was worth 7 billion in 1979

Again: The price needs to be what it needs to be to facilitate the necessary transaction volume. If XRP needs to move $1 trillion/day - do you really think 18 cent tokens can do it? No, they can't. Moron.

>Guess what? XRP was one of the most volatile coins during the crash and dropped a whopping 40% in a day.

It's also was up FOUR THOUSAND FUCKING PERCENT at the end of Q2. Of course it corrected you goddamn retard.

Because people can easily relate to the meteoric rise of value of Microsoft. Jesus Christ do you need this shit in crayon?

Just go away and keep being poor.

>It's also was up FOUR THOUSAND FUCKING PERCENT at the end of Q2.
>like every other currency at the end of May
VERY STABLE COIN user

>If XRP needs to move $1 trillion/day - do you really think 18 cent tokens can do it
Why not?

>comparing stocks to currency
>mention market cap
>THIS ISNT A STOCK

Go away poojeet. You're too desperate

>Like every other currency

BTC wasn't
ETH wasn't
LTC wasn't
XMR wasn't
ETC wasn't
DASH wasn't
NEM wasn't

...do I really need to continue?

>why not

Do you even math you fucking moron?

I'm done talking to you. Go buy some fucking wojaks.

In May the whole market boomed. Not just XRP. Regardless show me how that's stable. I love how you constantly dodge legitimate criticism

These are the facts
>Ripple Labs holds a ridiculous amount of XRP under the pretense of 'creating stability'
>XRP has been nothing but unstable
>XRP needs to be as cheap as possible to gain traction with the banks
>XRP has a ridiculous market cap atm in comparison to what it's transaction (very little)
>Many banks may not use the XRP token and they've made more progress 'selling' their interledger protocol

This poojeet will try to dismiss these as baseless criticisms but he's a desperate shill so it's to be expected.

/thread

>Why not?
XRP is deflationary and gets burned. So it actually does make sense for XRP to worth a higher fiat amount since it's divisible and less XRP would get burned.

The goal of xrp is to facilitate bank movements, to make them cheaper and faster and it cant do it with a 7b market cap

XRP's whole sticking point is that it's cheaper than transacting through SWIFT. As soon as that stops being the case, XRP loses its utility.

Ripple have said time and time again that they aren't committed to XRP as the only currency they use. I see them creating alternate currencies once XRP loses its utility. They are more focused on spreading the interledger protocol.

>Still posting FUD that's been addressed ad nauseum.

Stop wasting time and get those wojacks. You'll be rich. Scouts honor.

He doesn't get it, and he never will.

>This poojeet will try to dismiss these as baseless criticisms but he's a desperate shill so it's to be expected

Nigger, how easy is it to get God damn banks and governments to change? They have 200 God damn ex fin tech employees and are looking for more. They are first selling ripple then back dooring xrp. It's like you are fucking dumb. If XRP does what they are aiming to do, every single person on earth will be affected. Cam you say that about your .00001% globally adopted nigger coins?

>again deflecting away from legitimate criticism with appeals to authority

I think XRP holders suffer from stockholm syndrome

Stop arguing faggots.

Where should I hold my crypto money for the next 6 months?

>BTC
>ETH
>LTC
>XRP
>LBC
>BITB
>IOTA

These are the only crypto holdings I can even pretend to take seriously right now.

Even at $1000 xrp, xrp would still be cheaper and faster than swift so what is your point?

And you obviously have no clue what you're saying because ripple literally says "buy xrp" on their website in about 30 areas and on all of their social media sites. I'm sure you actually watch their video presentation to banks, etc. Right? Sounds like you are just regurgitating fud imo.

xrp is seen by most as a security. they have pledged to lock up billions in XRP in an escrow account. they are not shy about how much they control the price. what they want that price to be and just how much swing they have over it, i do not think anyone on this board can exactly say.

You should be more active on their forums user and not limit your info to their marketing attempts. Of course they want people to buy XRP because it will make them truckloads when they dump on the market every now and then.

Long-term, they aren't committed to banks using XRP because it's unstable and filled with crypto basement dwellers (like yourself) trading the coin which makes banks even more scared about using it. Banks need consistency and stability when it comes to their margins. XRP doesn't offer either of these things.

I hold 156 xrp. I'm in other things right now that have paid off these past few days. But ripple fud is the most annoying fud in crypto. It's the only one with a real world use case that can be mass adopted.

The transaction cost is .00001 XRP you goddamned idiot. Even at $10/XRP that's 1 ten thousandth of a cent regardless of the transaction size.

It is patently obvious that basic math evades you.

Until you can properly address those criticisms, you can keep crying about FUD because anyone with a brain will ignore you.

The interledger protocol is useful. XRP is not. They're also competing with hyperledger which has a consortium of banks and private entities building on it.

See the feds talk about ripple xrp? See this today? You need to get off forums and read other things besides Veeky Forums shill/fud. Fucking cnbc is talking about how xrp is solving international settlements. That's ripple xrp.

Or you can listen to the devs on their fucking forum and their intentions for the coin rather than second-hand reports

>Of course they want people to buy XRP because it will make them truckloads when they dump

And there it is. There's all the proof you need that this moron has no idea how XRP actually works and is just repeating bullshit he reads on Twitter.

Not only are they locking up the vast majority of XRP into a smart contract system... did you miss the fact that they are registered with the SEC? Do you not understand what this means? They can't just dump all over the public you utterly ignorant twat.

>The interledger protocol is useful. XRP is not.
Except it's 30% or so cheaper than just using the IL alone. HL sounds good. But, it's 4 years behind Ripple XRP, the Google backed start up.

desu I don't really know much about LBC or BITB, but any of the others should be ok.

An user was shilling LBC (LBRY) here on Tuesday and I should have bought then. It's been doing great since.

I don't want to buy at peak again though like the retard I am.

This guy right here coming with actual dilligence and you:
Not answering to his valid criticisms but going off on tangents. I hold no stake in XRP, but obviously I want to make money so of course I am interested. The fact that you cant properly answer without calling user a fudder or retard speaks volumes right now.

If you have a legitimate question I'd be happy to answer it. But I'm not going to entertain endless FUD attempts that have been addressed over and over and over because people are too stupid to grasp the responses.

Okay, cool.

So if I understand correctly (correct me if I'm wrong) the value prop here is that XRP will be used for international bank transfers, and so it will have to be worth a shitload to even facilitate the massive sums that are being transmitted daily. Banks will create their own tokens, but XRP will be the intermediary for most (all?) pairs and provide liquidity? Also they seem to be getting along well with banks and regulators. Good, sounds great.

The questions that I feel didn't get a proper answer is first of all the volatility. Are you just saying that "now is not the time for stability, that comes later"? Is there a proper plan for ensuring this, or are we just supposed to bet on it happening organically in the future?

Is ripple setting out to be a currency for everyday use as well? Can it scale properly - even just for banks?

Also, I really feel like the devs holding VAST amounts cannot be hand waved away with "smart contracts". IF XRP were to moon, that is to say become the new SWIFT, then banks would be making Ripple the most valuable company in the world. I really feel like banks or the IMF or whatever would rather keep that to themselves, instead of trusting a third party with enough XRP to topple the whole system.

Sorry if I'm rambling, it's late and I'm going to bed. Thanks for any replies, gonna read tomorrow.

Also - how is the network secured? Is it totally centralized? Can I start a node? And if so, is there any incentive for doing that?

> Are you just saying that "now is not the time for stability, that comes later"?

Kind of. A lot of XRP's volatility is directly derived from the volatility of cryptos in general. But XRP/BTC trading is declining and XRP/FIAT is rising. This will increase stability over time.

The plan for ensuring it is the smart contract system. Ripple will act as a central authority, releasing XRP into the market as needed for liquidity - much like the Federal Reserve does. The smart contracts allow for the release of 1 billion XRP/month for 55 months. Whatever isn't used is returned to the back of the contract.

IE month 1 - Ripple releases 200 million of the 1 billion permissible XRP. The additional 800 million is reset to month 56. etc.

>Is ripple setting out to be a currency for everyday use as well?

No, not directly. Ripple was designed from day 1 to be used by banks, not individuals.

>Can it scale properly - even just for banks?

Yes. upwards of 1,500 transactions per second IIRC.

>Also, I really feel like the devs holding VAST amounts cannot be hand waved away with "smart contracts".

I would redirect you to how I responded to your first question. The Federal Reserve, in principle, operates the same way. The board of the Fed is comprised of banks. Banks will be the most likely candidates to run Ripple validators. If Ripple were to "run amok" I would assume the banks would be able to simply shut off all the validators and Ripple would effectively be dead in the water.

XRP holder here

Pros:
>banks investing
>technology
>ragingly fast
>stable
>low fees comparing the purchase case "ice cream BTC vs XRP"

Cons:
>not much room for speculation nor profit
>slow growing, meaningless since 2012 until last May
>artificial price setting, artificial deflation (escrow contracts)
>big banks means full of whales locking buy/sell prices while trading
>price is falling slowly but steady since June

Maybe this December we could see XRP to rise a bit, that will be the time to quit of ripple, it's a long term winner but my time worths too, i just can't hold until 2059 to break the $2 USD top

ripple.com/technical-faq-ripple-consensus-ledger/

>get the government on your side
>picture says "federal reserve"

federal reserve !== government

If the Federal Reserve says "jump" the government asks "how high?".

>not much room for speculation nor profit
So, as far as Veeky Forums is concerned, xrp is useless?

Ripple is not a cryptocurrency. Now KYS.

>Ripple is not a cryptocurrency. Now KYS.

>Ripple is not a cryptocurrency. Now KYS.

Except the entire value that crypto has now is due to being decentralized and anonymous. BTC didn't grew in price because it was backed by the federal reserve or whatever shit, it got to the 3k mark because it's perfect for money laundering, tax evasion, to buy illegal goods and also from the perspective of speculative value, is more efficient as a form of payment compared to fiat and thus, has potential to replace it, at least when it comes to online purchases, in the future.

Putting crypto in the hands of big banks and centralized authorities may increase the value in the short term, but not in the long term, since the only reason people invested in crypto in the first place was because it was decentralized.