Is this shit about to get a big surge in demand...

Is this shit about to get a big surge in demand? All the darknet fags are screaming for it to bascially be the default payment coin for the next round of danknet sites.

Other urls found in this thread:

moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php
getmonero.org/resources/moneropedia/paymentid.html
monero.how/why-monero-vs-bitcoin
mymonero.com/#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice just bought 100k

That's what I'm going to start using after shit settles down in a month. If a vendor doesn't accept stealth coins, fuck em.

I actually literally just bought 25

Bitcoin tumblers. Nobody wants your gay fluffy pony fag coins

>bitcoin tumblers
Stay bad, old man.

Stay bad.

nice just bought 100k

That's my sentiment. Bitcoin has a 100% public, always traceable blockchain. And you want to make drug payments with that? The fuck is wrong with you?

Weak ass shit in comparison

Nice just bought 100k

How exactly is Monero used for truly anonymous transactions? You trade BTC for XMR and then send XMR to whatever wallet you want and there are NO paper trails left behind of this transaction. Is it TRULY impossible to track down where the amount of XMR has been sent?

Nice bought $1M

You might be able to track the IP address and try to say, yeah, this dude was using monero at the same time monero funds were sent to our police controlled wallet

But that's being taken care of in soon, they're working on integrating i2p into monero so nobody can even tell you're using it.

As for how much you sent and where, that's basically unprovable as long as the encryption algos they use are not broken.

So yes, it is theoretically not 100% private, but in real world terms, it is easily the best we have, by far.

They just hired another phd cryptographer for 35k for 3 months to do research for menoro. The information is available on the monero subreddit

I want to buy 10k of a good long term coin but I can't do it with Monero until there is some form of a wallet available. I hate leaving shit on an exchange.

nah Ive tried using it. The payment method isnt like ETH or bitcoin, its complicated, you need 2 keys and a monero wallet

normies just cant comprehend this coin. If I cant use it, they wont. ETH is the future

>muh smart money
ETH as currency lmao

But that drink is only available via dnm.

The is a GUI wallet

honestly, it's worth having some. If BTC gets to the normies, it's gonna kick off serious government analysis. If XMR is banned, then it gets attention and will do well. If it's not, then hey we get to use private money. So either way, we're sorted

>On June 20, 2016, the Honorable Allison Claire, Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of California, issued twelve seizure warrants for a luxury vehicle and eleven bank and cryptocurrency exchange accounts representing the unlawful proceeds of the criminal enterprise known as AlphaBay. Federal agents obtained the warrants after tracing a number of Bitcoin transactions originating with AlphaBay to digital currency accounts, and ultimately bank accounts and other tangible assets, held by CAZES and his wife. CAZES concealed and disguised funds obtained illicitly through AlphaBay by commingling the criminal proceeds in digital currency exchange accounts and bank accounts controlled by CAZES and his wife, and using an automated mixing and tumbling procedure designed to conceal the source of the criminal funds when converting Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) to currency.

Bitcoin won't save your ass, tumbled or not. It's traceable. Stop using it for illegal shit. The blockchain is forever, once they get good at scanning it it will tie your ass to everything bad you've done.

You don't really understand what you're buying then. Both bitcoin and Monero solve problems, Eth literally does nothing, don't be a bagholder, dump that stupid shit before it's too late.

Remember my comment when I tell you that XMR and ZEC are the furture of crypto. You dont have to agree, but just remember that poor user once told you.

I mean, I agree. I don't see public blockchains having much of a use outside corporate stuff and dapps.

I wouldn't want my landlord to be able to track where I spend my shit, for example. YOu can do that with btc. If I pay, say, amazon, they can find my address and see that I also paid their competitor.

It's a bad deal except for some very specific use cases where total transparency is absolutely needed.

Yeah but it's not a lite wallet. You need to download the whole chain and it takes hours.

ZEC is shit tho

>that image
Let me guess, zcasg, ether, and dash are all coins that have use cases bolted on afterwards, whereas monero is designed from the ground up for it's purpose?

you sound like a smart XMR hodler.

Calling it now
The darknet will make their own stealth coin (why make monero holders rich when they can just fork it?)

because no one will trust it.

getting rich is part of being a monero holder.

I could see zcash being legit. But Eth is not at all designed for this and Dash is a joke.

zcash is really shit moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

yeah its a monero website but its a solid comparison.

Sadly, there is no use for xmr or other darknet coins as two most popular dnm just got closed down.

Nice user, thanks.

Very much disagree. Lets image cryptocurrencies see more real-world use. COmpare bitcoin and monero.

Bitcoin, you pay somebody, anybody. YOur public address is out there. Now anybody can track your address and see your financial activities.

Monero, they don't see shit.

Long term, I think Monero has a much, much wider use case than Bitcoin.

fluffymuffin sees it though, he sees everything.

It won't rise until new, good darknet markets are created

btw somebody in this theard mentioned that its hard to use, how hard are we talking? harder than tumbling bitcoins?

No, you don't need to download the blockchain. Just point your wallet to a remote node and you are ready to go.

if you can get on a darknet website then you can use monero

if you check darknet subreddit, you'll see that it's happening basically right now. it's only a matter of time before an existing site reach the critical mass with the refugees.

It's really not much harder than bitcoin at all. An extra thing with darknets is you send your money to them, not an individual account wallet for the user, so they need to know whose account to credit the monero to. You can do this by includng the payment id they give you.

getmonero.org/resources/moneropedia/paymentid.html

Other than that, its just like bitcoin, except you can't get on some site like blockchain.info and see everybodys shit.

The admin of a german pic dump website made a chrome compatible website to has for him in exchange for premium services on his website...

monero.how/why-monero-vs-bitcoin

read this, fags

This coin will only be useful to launder money when stealing other cryptos...

[stolen currency] > shapeshift > monero #1 > monero #2 > etc > shapeshift > [stolen currency]

Also other illegal shit

So there's at least some use to this coin , compared to other shitcoins. but nothing big like BTC/LTC/ETH

It's not complicated to use you have a wallet and you keep your private keys and your pass phrases. You have this wallet : mymonero.com/#/

And for the mobile wallet you can look on the subreddit monero, they are getting one soon. Remember it's community driven, no pre mining by developers, and true research driven by PhDs from top universities funded by the community. It's a long term investment and the tech is top notch. Do your own research everything is available on the subreddit. If you have questions I'll be happy to answer.

read this and realise how badly bitcoin can fuck you, not just on the danknet, but in everyday life.

>The most critical flaw in Bitcoin is its lack of privacy. If you give me your Bitcoin wallet address so that I can send you a payment, you immediately compromise your privacy. I can see as a matter of public record how much money you have in your Bitcoin wallet (there are messy workarounds to attempt to fix this problem, which we will address shortly). The same situation applies even if you are the one sending Bitcoin. Any recipient can then see how much money you have in your Bitcoin wallet, both now and in perpetuity. To understand how critical this privacy problem is, consider the following scenarios:

>1. You are travelling through parts of a country with a medium to high violent crime rate. You need to use some of your Bitcoin to pay for something. If every person you transact with knows exactly how much money you have, this is a threat to your personal physical safety.

>2. You are a business that receives a payment from a supplier. That supplier will be able to see how much money your business has, and therefore can guess at how price sensitive you are in future negotiations. They can see every single other payment you’ve ever received to that Bitcoin address, and therefore determine what other suppliers you are dealing with and how much you are paying those suppliers. They may be able to roughly determine how many customers you have and how much you charge your customers. This is commercially sensitive information that damages your negotiating position enough to cause you relative financial loss.

>3. You are a private citizen paying for online goods and services. You are aware that it is common practice for companies to attempt to use ‘price discrimination’ algorithms to attempt to determine the highest prices they can offer future services to you at, and you would prefer they do not have the information advantage of knowing how much you spend and where you spend it.

>4. You sell cupcakes and receive Bitcoin as payment. It turns out that someone who owned that Bitcoin before you was involved in criminal activity. Now you are worried that you have become a suspect in a criminal case, because the movement of funds to you is a matter of public record. You are also worried that certain Bitcoins that you thought you owned will be considered ‘tainted’ and that others will refuse to accept them as payment.

>Monero solves these privacy issues by automatically applying privacy techniques to every single transaction made. You can have confidence that it is not possible to own ‘tainted’ Monero. This is a concept in economics known as ‘fungibility’ and is historically considered an important characteristic for any currency to have.

tl;dr, you want to hide your shit by default in everyday life, not broadcast it out for everyone to see and use against you.

ZCASH is literally CIA.

maybe don't keep all your BTC in a single wallet like a moron? keep like 0.5 BTC in a spending wallet and the rest in a separate one you rarely use.

who's going to do updates?

Finally some monero stuff on Veeky Forums. Yes this coin is gold. Should be number 2 after BTC.

Monero is literally the only worthwhile coin aside from BTC.

everything else is a scam.

bought 7 of them in the bloodbath

dunno if it'll moon but it fukcing better

Monero has actual real world use, ETH's value is 100% speculative and the utility of smart contracts itself is very questionable.

>Some use
When will people realize that crypto is almost 100% backed up by money laundering, tax evasion and illegal goods?

nice just sold your mom a 100k

Great solution my friend! Because there is no way anyone can just see where the money in your spending wallet comes from by just looking it up on the blockchain.

This fucking board

I think zcoin will be the next big privacy coin

>minable
>zerocoin protocol
>masternodes
>i2p and tor
>stealth address

Every meme feature already implemented or on the roadmap

You missed
>excessive premine
>untrustworthy devs
friendo

and when you send money from the separate one to the spending one, people can see that..

trust them more than fluffy pony

How's the treatments going?

You already can use Monero over Tor (or more generally over any proxy). i2p integration is planned, they are working on it now

Will Monero take me to Monaco Veeky Forums ?

daily reminder that bitbay is decentralized and 100% un-shutdown-able drug market that solves all of the problems from alphabay, hansa et. al

sigh
why do you faggots never listen?

Xvg guys

Likely involved the usage of NSA-tier malware. Nothing will protect you from that.