End of Christianity in the Middle East

nytimes.com/2015/07/26/magazine/is-this-the-end-of-christianity-in-the-middle-east.html

Is God just testing their faith?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.es/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/world/middleeast/egypt-coptic-christians-sinai.amp.html
youtu.be/g7TAAw3oQvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fake news. Muslims are tolerant.

The East was always very bad at religion.
See Byzantium.

When is he not testing someone's faith exactly?

It part of a recent trend in the middle east to segregate the faiths apart from each other.

Jews go to Israel, and I guess Christians should go to Egypt? That country has a very large Christian Minority and I don't see Christianity going away there.

True

>and I don't see christianity going away from there
google.es/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/world/middleeast/egypt-coptic-christians-sinai.amp.html
>Targeted by ISIS, Egyptian Christians Flee Violence

I love it when christians say Christianity is the true religion because x other religion vanished and the people converted to Christianity. By the same argument then Islam is the true religion as far as the Middle East is concerned, and increasingly the western world as well. In short, christians were, are and always will be retards. No matter what where and when.

Hey that's mean!

(You)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Stop trying to incite hate against Muslims. A minority of extremist militants is not representative for a huge religious group, shitlord.

youtu.be/g7TAAw3oQvg I know this is bait but here anyways

This article is reposted from the SW Asia descendants thread. Its inaccuracies and facts have been discussed there.

But I will repeat from there that as 'one of them' I know that migrants don't go to Egypt. Copts, Levantine Christians and Assyrians are separate peoples.

At least the last group has always been segregated voluntarily in their own districts with their own language. They didn't need to make some new state far away. But now much (not all) has been evacuated around 2015 when the article was made. Some of them are already returning with the recapture of territory, but maybe just a few.

They're so tolerant they keep slaughtering Christians and other religious groups wherever they conquer regularly. Peaceful and tolerant folk right there.

Middle East Christian state when?

Israel should push for the establishment of a Christian state in the Eastern Sinai so it borders them and protects a flank.

Lebanon was thought by the French as a Christian states, but the Lebanese lost power

You can't do anything for them if they aren't willing to fight for their freedom

>it's inaccuracies

Umm nothing is inaccurate about it. These facts are straight from Pew and Iraq's census estimates.

They did fight. A lot. And lost so badly they are quickly vanishing from Lebanon.

>You can't do anything for them if they aren't willing to fight for their freedom
You know if they survive this they might actually do this
or something like it.

Then again the only reason the Jews did it and why the endeavor was able to be funded by private jews was because there wasn't a Jewish state anywhere where they could be free to be Jews without any fear anyone would ever try to rape kill them again.

These Christians have the west and all its flavors to run to. So establishing an independent state isn't seen as imperative to any rich Eastern Christians. To them it makes more sense to establish little communities in Secular countries where they'll be just as protected as if they had a friendly Eastern Christian government.

See the other thread, it says they've vanished from Turkey and Iran without statistics, which isn't true

To continue, this is in fact what the Jews did for a long ass time until the Germans came along and chimped out on them. After that you finally had rich Jewish individuals pull their money together to truly push for the establishment of a Jewish state. Yeah they were doing it before but that was the last kick in the balls so to say. Without that imperative for survival it just makes more sense for anyone to run away, "fight or flight" as the saying goes.

You really shouldn't pass judgement on them for it, it's simply logical behavior and makes much more sense to go to a friendly place than toil through adversity to make an unaccommodating home that at the end will always be a compromise.

Should muslims just do the same thing to their christians that the european christians did to the pagans?

>middle eastern christian state when?

There is already Armenia.

>2015 was 25 years ago
So this is the mathematical computing power of /pol/

It is a religion and philosophy question about faith and the problem of evil.

The probem isn't Muslims, Christians have been living with Muslims in the Middle East for millennia in peace. The problem is Jews. Christian emigration really began after Jews took control of the Western world, in the XIXth century, when the Rothschild family and Benjamin Disraeli supported groups that persecuted Christians in the Lebanon and Syria. Then in the 20th century we saw the establishment of the state of Israel and neoconservative foreign policy further contributing to the decline of Christianity in the Middle East.

If people knew how much Jews us, Christians, they would be shocked, they wouldn't even be able to comprehend how such a visceral, brutal hatred could exist. It is a hatred that is more than an individual human can stomach, it's a hatred that reaches upon a tribal, existential level. Jews hate Christians and want to erase us from existence, and what better place to start than the Middle East, the birth of Christianity.

I can imagine Philip Roth, Noah Smith, Bob Dylan, Robert Kagan, Victoria Nuland, Steve Hoffman, Ben Shapiro, Richard Perle, William Kristol, Regina Spektor, all masturbating while reading this article, masturbating while they imagine the destruction of Christian places of worship, masturbating while they imagine the rape of Christian women by Jihadist militia, masturbating as they contemplate how soon they will be able to witness the same in Europe and North America.

They hate us, but we shouldn't hate them in return. We should just ignore them and take care of ourselves and of our brothers and sisters in Africa and Asia.