Is Jesus 100% man or is he 100% divine?

Is Jesus 100% man or is he 100% divine?
Or is he mostly man, but also a bit divine and vice versa?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostatic_union
youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

100% both

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostatic_union

(15) For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. (16) If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. (17) But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. (18) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. (19) For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. (20) Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. (21) I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. (22) For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. (23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. (24) O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? (25) I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

The christard answer is that he's 100% both because "lol it's not supposed to make sense." Logically according to the story of course he's 50/50. And in real life he was just a dude.

100% man.
I wonder what the apostles thought when Jesus, the son of god had to leave for a few minutes to take a smelly shit in the bushes.

100% man, and 100% divine. If you say your neighbor is 100% divine, and he has a following of people who believe it, then he is 100% divine. But he is also 100% man. Amirite?

History Den?

That is your primitive Germanic brain doing the "Thinking" my friend.

Read Anselm's Cur Deus Homo (Why the God-Man?) it's a quick read and sets out the theological reason for why Jesus had to be completely human and completely divine.

Absolutely human
Absolutely divine

It really doesn't fucking matter.

Every possible permutation has been tried at some point. Most are declared heresies now.

>Jesus wept.

>t. Arius

but that is the right answer
>chirsttard
see the problem i you are shoehorning terms where they don't fit so you have a axiom problem.
Example is asking 100%, percent? what does that mean in context? Is holy land 100% holy and 100% land?
You are using terms with multiple definitions and using one of the definitions but using the reasoning behind the other definition and wondering why it doesn't add up.
>logically according to the story of course he's 50/50.
but what does 50/50 even mean here? are you talking about his genes or something? That doesn't have anything to do with being 'divine' in the way we mean it. I could go on
Just know 10,000s of pages have been written on this stupid question but it all comes down to mixing up axioms/definitions and assumptions, so you can come to any answer you want when you switch definitions mid argument or use different definitions to start

>%
>trying to quantify unquantifiable things.
that is why you get confused.

Arius still thought Jesus had a divine nature. You're referring to the Nestorians.

No, Nestorians believe that Jesus is human and divine, only that rather that they say the divinity "in-dwelled" in man Jesus.

Wrong.

HE literally said we are all children of god

Phew, at least no one points out Jesus was gay. That would be really bad.

Also, that Jesus never was a real person... that would be so gay.

Anyway, the girl from OP is really good jerking material.

That's gay.

Is Tay 100% woman or is she 100% divine?
Or is she mostly woman, but also a bit divine and vice versa?

That's what Jesus would say... if he would be a real person...

wait a moment...

Jesus...you are REAL?

>Is Jesus 100% man
why did my brain automatically finish this with "... or some part woman?"

No. Nestorians differentiate Jesus' divine and human nature, but both natures dwelled in the same man.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw

100% jew

I was always under the impression divinity wasn't quantifiable. How can someone be 2% divine?

Canon or Fanon?

To be anything you must be matter first. Therefore to be divine you must be matter first. However to be God...it seems as the logic points towards...you must not exist. Therefore to be God he must have not existed. Proving athiests right. He did not exist. To be divine he must have needed to become matter. Therefore God is less divine than the brain reasoning it. And as Godly unto himself as someone you never knew.

>In the past, Christian clergy across the world would kill people with different opinion about OP's question
Theology is literally Philosophy: Brainlet edition

Therefore people will always suffer from a devout divine complexity and not necesarilly a devout godly complex. A very psychological labyrinth of conscience that introduces a shadow aspect to what would otherwise be a life too plain to be thought out. Therefore for greater reasoning and satisfaction we unconsciously must live under something.

There will never be a moment more religious nor more godly than ones own death. It is where our matter becomes invisible to our own comprehension. The closest point to a Godly manifestation. God is death. And our greatest pleasure is now become a sin. Mass procreation.

The singularity or inequality of a god is a conscious just cause of a matter not yet proven. A pantheon is stretching it.