I am interning at the commercial banking division of Commerzbank AG in Russia...

I am interning at the commercial banking division of Commerzbank AG in Russia. Ask if you have any questions concerning commercial banking, Russia or the firm.

Other urls found in this thread:

modeli-spb.club/
banki.ru/banks/memory/
telegram.me/yuppie_chat
web.telegram.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hui posasesh?

Commentary on the effect of international sanctions would be nice.

How do companies hire people in Russia? If I want to hire software developers to create something for me, is there a control on the Russian side to ensure they cant steal/reuse intellectual property?

As you may expect we mostly work with subsidiaries of huge German corporates. I can tell policies got stricter concerning guarantees from the parent companies after sanctions been introduced. The risk of nationalisation has started to be incorporated into contracts as well. Tho in general everything works smoothly, sovereign rating has been upgraded recently for Russia as well. Sanctions are affecting mostly individuals and some Russian industries to which we don't have exposure.

Depends on a project scale really. If you hire a freelancer you don't know well there is a some risk and you probably won't be able to go to court with this one. However, there are lots of companies that hire smart people and sell their labour abroad for cheap. Russian/Belorussian/Ukrainian IT workforce is extremely competitive in terms of quality and cost compared to some other cheap IT nations.

Right.

You might not know this, but how do you perceive efforts to fund/back Skolkovo (the Russian Silicon Valley)?

One hears many things. Can't tell between Western stories of failing vs. the government trying to back and (as one can tell from this board) obvious Russian enthusiasm for blockchain tech.

I know Skolkovo and aware of Russian obsession with crypto but both things seem hypish to me. I don't know any successful startup that went out of Skolkovo yet. However, I like that they established a strong educational base and partnered with MIT. So, in the long run it might grown up into something but still I'm quite skeptical on that matter. Concerning crypto I am just sad so many poor people who lack any understanding of risk lost tons of last money on it.

Is Russia responsible for preventing Poland from into space?

Do you get paid in vodka?

What's the general sentiment concerning investing in Russian markets? Last time I checked big corporations like Novatek and Gazprom had P/Es under 10 and pretty good dividends. Their govt bonds have high yields although fitch rates them junk status, and their furthering privatization plans seemed like a good mood. I think PSMJ (might have misspelled) bank was one of the privatization candidates.

Also if you hang with regular Russians, I'm wondering if there's optimism among the public regarding investment and larger institutions or if there's a mismatch in sentiment.

going rate for hot russian hookers?

Хyи coceшь?

Putincoin

I guess around 5000 RUB/hour. Since I'm an intern I only can afford 2500 ones.

$84 Jesus Christ, im booking my flight now,

Yeah, vip hookers are 6000R in st petersburg, double price if Moscow

I think the sentiment got more positive now as oil prices somewhat recovered but there definitely is mismatch, some are afraid of new sanctions and the Ugra bank recent problems also made investors more bearish. Sistema vs Rosneft is probably one of the most interesting things currently going on. In general, I'd say bankers are more pessimistic and predict weakening rouble, some of them even have thoughts of upcoming sovereign default, which I consider extremely unlikely but I'm also kinda bearish on Russia all in all.

Send the links, on Tuesday I got my paycheck

modeli-spb.club/

Looks nice. Did you use it? Got a proven place in Moscow?

How much can I trust these reports when I'm trying to get into the mind of the banks and understand the direction of the institutional flows?

I got this from my hooker loving online friend from there, its proven place, no idea about moscow.

Jesus fuck, those are all like 8's or 9s in my country, Arizona college campuses are decent and they would all be tier one cheerleaders here, you guys are lucky.

It's a good starting point, I guess most reports from major banks are somewhat useful for that purpose but it's fragmented I'd say, not enough to get into the mind of a bank. Depends on the depth and breadth of info you require ofc, but personally I'd not base my decisions on those.

most of those ladies here in the top 10 cities would easily pull $500 an hour. $84 an hour here would get you a crack head with no teeth who s covered in her biker gangs ugly nasty tattoos from head to toe.

Although i noticed some of them are starting to stamp themselves with ugly tats and dyke hair cuts

You see Putin made Russia great. Hopefully Trump will succeed and you guys will also have $84 8s hookers.

I know I shouldn't make decisions off these but I should be able to get an idea of what the people at banks are looking at and concerned about and there could be some insight into which direction flows might head at the banks. But then sometimes I wonder why when the reports are bearish it's the bottom and when they are bullish it's the top almost like they want the clients reading these reports to take the opposite side of their trade, or I guess biz might say lighten their bags.

From the last page of the report
>not for your eyes goyim

Russian view on the Chinese Silk Road and their entire attempt to build shit throughout Asia?

Can't really say. I'm not dealing with trading or production of those reports. At my dept we are hedging FX risks and giving loans to the subsidies of European firms mostly. I wish I was in the research dept so I can evaluate how trustworthy those papers are, that's a great question you raised.

Where did you get the report tho?

That's why I recently wrote a python script to scrape bank reports and then after I collect okay sample size I'll try to look into statistical analysis..biggest problem so far in getting started is many of the banks don't make it easy to scrape reports of their site probably related to they don't want plebs being able to see it. Many of them dont make it easy, but some do like Scotia.

Can I get a list of the bankrupt banks in Russia.

banki.ru/banks/memory/

Did you hear anything about Waves? I know they have a lot of Russians on their team, and a connection to some Russian billionaire. Also since Russia is planning to legalize ICOs, I'm wondering if Waves is on the radar at all at your bank

>interning

>feeling important enough to post this

I don't want them to do something to make their stuff unavailable. I got it from weaponized autism and digging around on the web.
It's not just one bank, digging around for any reports that are available.

Not even IB!

otvechai na vopros kozel, ya hochu lambo

Blockchain is a forbidden topic here mostly associated with money laundering.

Get there and tell you are from Veeky Forums.
telegram.me/yuppie_chat

I don't have that installed.

I think it's worth installing. The chat is mostly people striving to get into bulge bracket or MBB, students and recent grads. There are smart fellas there.

web.telegram.org/

What will they say?

Yeah see I'm not even a smart fella I wouldn't have figured this out.

Found this on Dvach

Can a foreigner open a bank in Russia by buying a bankrupt banking institution?

What are the hidden charges and how will the government react to it?

Okay I joined, no Ja ne ponimayu pa russki