Status quietly rising

Why is status rising so fast?

Is it because of this article?
blog.status.im/ethereum-dapp-creators-issue-11-the-block-22a747a9d280

Currently 7.7 million in daily volume.
Im still holding a lot of tokens since the ICO which im fine with since they never dropped below their value vs ETH.

Their app is still in beta and since I have an apple phone its not available for me yet.

Still wondering where this project goes, there faith is tied with eth's I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.status.im/status-update-c0a3d3237343
youtube.com/watch?v=6p2_v80AdoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't care as long as it gets back 2200 so I can sell.

No idea but im enjoying it. Gonna keep stockpiling steadily

bump

Their roadmap is stupidly detailed. It's just that it streches into 2019.

So if you're willing to buy and hold that long, you'll moon.

Though yeah, if ETH goes down then these guys burn.

Sold my bags with only a $20 loss, im dissapointed they went below ico price and dont believe in their token for push notification

The went below ico if you measure against the dollar which was because the market went down. . .
It stayed above eth the entire time

What do you call this candlestick?

guess you can sell soon, its 2190 now

Status is mooning hard right now. Jumped from like 1650 to 2100.

Holy fuck!!
I sold 20% of my status yesterday.

Yea I sold 10k just now at 1660 before the pump.
its fine though, still have 50k and will hodl that for a while. . .

>up 50%

Was there a pump ongoing that I wasn't aware of, or did some news come out? Not counting the interview because that isn't really progress.

*puts on tin foil hat*

maybe its insider info and theres big news coming up

This might actually be the truth though, since eth has been stable I see no other reason why its been pumping like it has. . .

News. See reddit. It's 72%now holy son of an ether

You faggots should follow the devs on Twitter so you don't miss this kind of shit

blog.status.im/status-update-c0a3d3237343

HERE WE GO BOYS

Twice the volume as a few hours ago.

Definitely a pump.

Just saw the video the other user was talking about but was too lazy to link.

youtube.com/watch?v=6p2_v80AdoY

The swapping tokens looks sweet, like a decentralized exchange on status.
Guess alot of people want to get in now. . .

>tfw bought 50k status tokens at 1500 sats

You did good kid.

This exactly. I believe SNT is one of those few coins that are almost guaranteed to deliver long term. They are developing an push notification chat client on the blockchain, that also serves as a graphical interface that can integrate any ETH application. Its basically for the blockchain what Windows was for the DOS-PC. It delivers the average consumer with an easy-to-use graphical interface... something desperately needed for this new tech to get adopted by the masses.

A long term worth of 10 bucks a pop would be a conservative estimate. I bought 10.000 SNT and i'll let them sit there for a few years. Get it while its still dirt cheap.

They also have an alpha version being tested as we speak... so no bullshit vaporware.

The problem being, of course, that ETH itself is still a giant question mark.

I have yet to see a solid deployment of smart contracts outside of running ICOs. Its for that very reason that I just put in money into Obsidian; might as well see if a platform not focused on smart contracts can deliver (coincidentally, their first app is also an encrypted mobile messaging platform).

This worries me as well.
Lets hope his giant head can also solve the scaling issues.

Lol. You fool. Eth has already won crypto.

You really want to say that after the multiple cock ups (at the highest levels), hacks, scams, etc. while still failing to solidly prove the concept of smart contracts (one of the keys to the whole platform) beyond ICOs?

And that new competitors are entering the market, including Bitcoin-powered RSK?

Its for that reason that I seed money in platforms. If they shoot up, I have the new STRAT or ETH.

Get ready for lamboland!

>sold like an hour ago at -$20 dls loss after holding these bags for a while
>if i had waited up to this moment i would have a $240 gain

JUST

i just sold at 2400 sats and im alrdy regretting it

The price of SNT is so low atm because of the initinal ICO dump and the double dip market crash following right after. Chances like this dont come by very often. My advice is to buy a few thousand and hold a few years. I guarantee this coin will be atleast 10 dollars.

Same with Bancor. Buy now.

Planning on buying more, though the question is how much this will dip after this pump. You want buy at just the riiiight moment.

Theres no telling how high it will moon today, 80% now in a day. When I sold it was like 30% up and i thought it would start dipping but i was so wrong

>$10
>$35 Billion dollar market cap

lol

If you're investing long term, a few dips here and there really dont matter. You've gotta look at the product, the inherent and added value, potential market disruptionability, etc.

Status scores very high on all of these points in my book. Who cares about the 0.002 cents difference when the price will be 500 to a thousand times more then that in a few years? Do yourself a favor and put away just 100 bucks in SNT. Check back next year. You literally cant go wrong for 0.006 cents lol.

All the more reason to buy at a relative low: so one can acquire even more tokens.

i made $1500 so i shouldnt complain. probably gonna hold my btc until it dips to buy in. i have a problem shorting coins i like.

This pump is insane, it's already up almost 100% over the last 24 hours and it the demand seem to be increasing.

When I made this thread the volume was 7.7 million. . .
Its 22 million now

why do you hillbillies get so hung up on market cap? it's not really worth that much. only a fraction can sell at that price before it goes to shit and everyone else is left with a worthless token.

He was implying that as was saying 10 $ snt would need a 35 billion market cap.
Which is unlikely, unless ethereum becomes internet 3.0 and SNT becomes Whatsapp 2.0.

I only have 18,000 SNT :(

>unless ethereum becomes internet 3.0 and SNT becomes Whatsapp 2.0.

People seem to forget that we're not just talking about crypto currencies here... a currency is just one programmable function of one bit in the blockchain. A bit in the chain can perform all sorts of different functions. We're talking about new decentralized tech here that probably will be something like internet 3.0. The company that delivers an OS like Status is doing... will be the equivalent of Microsoft during the 80's.

as much as I agree with you don't forget pic related.

or...

Literally made 2x from 2 days ago $_$

Status is long term trash but should pump to 10 cents a token

Token is the one I'm scared of. With Coinbase's resources, they could very well deliver. And in the process, put some of my other investments out of business.

haven't heard of Kin though. Anything you'd like to share, user?

>Only scared of token
You realize there's going to be lots of messengers coming up in the future... Right? Nothing about the status team makes them unique

>Nothing about the status team makes them unique

Doesn't matter, they are first

Its that Token is a messenger (built on the Signal protocol)... and a payment system (they're planning on adding plenty of financial services, with a goal of catering to the financially excluded), and browser, and an Ethereum App store, and an identity system with a uPort connection.

They're going all the way with it. its the one other app I know of that could give Status a run for its money, especially if they get out to market faster.

Though I don't know anything about and would like to hear more.

Kin is made by the KIK guys. So they have an actual huge userbase already and they already have some experience integrating fake internet money into their actual messenger and people using that already. I will jump into that ICO when it comes around, so far I believe the guys at Status are the ones that would make a useful messenger, the guys at coinbase with the potential to crunch dapps and also get their coinbase userbase to get into it and the kik guys to get normies and attention whores to jump into the whole crypto coin train.

It won't happen. It's like right now... everyone can make a messenger app, but in the end people will still use what their friends/people living nearby is using the most. The smartest are the Kik guys that have a messenger up and running today, lots of normies using it and they are the first to actually get into coins. Only other huge messenger trying to solve payments between users is wechat and it only works in China

Maybe I came off the wrong way

Snt is a good investment for now but I wouldn't hold it past a 500m cap

>in the end people will still use what their friends/people living nearby is using the most.

Truth.

Network effects are a bitch.

i'm really interested to see how this one does. It being introduced to an already established normie userbase could be huge

As far as I know Toshi/Token and Status are pretty much the same, or offer similar stuff. Running dapps, payments, identity.
There's little to no info on Kin, but from rumours, articles it's easy to tell they will try to do the same.
Difference though is what each group has to fuel their messenger apps and how are they tackling it. I like the status guys over coinbase, but coinbase could actually push their messenger faster into their users. They already made a few dapps on their own to showcase stuff and that looks to be their forte as well.
Kik guys is undeniable that have a huge normie userbase that are used to see fake internet money to buy innane crap for their messenger app like stickers. So that's a huge plus. Everything that can be sold to normies is bound to do well.
Time will tell, but I believe these are the three players to watch out in the near future and could end up eating a huge chunk of whatsapp/facebook messenger/wechat.

It's one of the ICOs I'm really looking forward because it would even scare enough other big companies to actually do something to don't lose normies and even go as far as a stepping stone on bringing everyone else on board.
If it holds and you start teaching 15 year olds non tech savvy kids that it's safe to move money around using a fucking messenger app, guess where will all be in 3 or 5 years after that.
I am more than welcome for the things that these messengers are bringing to the table. So far, no downsides for all of us.

Chinks are going nuts over this, it will hit 10 cents by midnight

Indeed. Just invest a few hundred in all 3 or 4 of those developers and you're set basically.

My portfolio exists only out of these sorts of holdings, and ripple. The only cryptocurrency i hold is Dogecoin.

kin is convenient ctypto on the kik network of over 300 million+ users. How many users does bitcoin/eth even have?

status is an actual decentralized messenger... so unless you hate convenience I cant see anyone using it. Paying for all the free stuff that comes with kik/whatsapp/line will seem silly to normies.

Remember youre investing in the currency with status NOT the app.

chinks want to spend their money as they please and not looking over their shoulder. They are really into wechat and paying stuff and services over there, but even then that has some controls.
I guess they will like getting and spending money almost like cash using their phones.

yea I know, and you are also right, I used as an example the silly stickers but as someone that has already seen first hand how people non tech savvy is trying to do almost everything on whatsapp just for convenience, explaining that same people that now you can also pay for a candy bar using the messenger or a pizza or a utility bill it will blow their fucking minds.
Time will tell, but I'm certainly betting and keeping my eye on these.

so does status basically have the same goal as coinbase with that project they were working on?

kind of like weechat or alipay is in china, doing the same chat/payments/in app "apps" thing?

is there any reason to believe this is going to work outside of china and that status is going to be able to pull it off faster than coinbase does?

either way both of these projects seem pretty bullish for ethereum itself.

That, and it will function as an easy-to-use interface/client for other eth apps. Its basically going to be the OS for the ETH blockchain.

what was the price at ICO?

1400 sats

I might need to get in on this aswel. Seems the chinese are pumping this thing to the moon as we speak..

I have almost 150k SNT, my goal is to have 500k over the next few months

Today was a great day

fuck your shit coin white paper fag. SNT is a real product, don't mention it and bancor scam in the same sentence...

They are partnered and will rise together
But let your anti semitism keep your poor
Not my loss
Stupid

If you don't sell this pump then you're basically a retard

>coin is used for push notifications only (what a joke)
>initially werent going to do a coin but saw the money ICOs raked in
>devs went MIA on holiday after ICO
>one of the worst ICOs with a ridiculous cap and almost destroyed the ICO bubble
>new competitors are already emerging

My friend convinced me to do this ICO and even he is having second thoughts. Spend a day in their slack and you will see what I mean.

I bet that you suck a lot of cocks in order to say such things publicly.

cocks of truth

I'm going to buy SNT with BNT, just you wait, little lady.

Cheers for looking out. I was asleep, but because of that I got to sell at 3000 so I somehow came out with a profit of this shitcoin, just a month later than I expected.

i started the twisted turd meme AMA

should i sell at 3200 sat?

Remember when I said 7 million volume, then 22 million.
Its 100 million now.

>my face when a 20 btc sell order gets eaten in 10 seconds

If you have more than 100BNT you can buy one SNT in 3 months bancuck.

Enjoy them bags

this thing going dump hard once it's over, be careful guys

feel free to phone post that from the shitting streets of mumbai 3 months from now, pajeet.

its been pumping for 24 hours....i dont think its gonna dump....

you know all about dumping don't you, pajeet?

BACDOR

>Sell order I set up for 10k at 2200 triggers automatically yesterday
>Oh, good, I'll make another one for 10k at 2700
>It fills
>Uh, ok...I'll go to bed and set up a sell for 3400, but it'll never happen, ahah
>It fills

Fuck
I only have 10k left now of my 40k stack bought at 1100
At least, with this explosive growth, a gradual fall is almost certain over the next few days

R-Right?

It's about to Mariana Trench.

Well, that's quite fine with me.
A profit of almost 1btc on what I thought would be a penny crypto is something I can't complain about

tfw I put my whole $23 in and now I'm down to $21.

How can I buy Status? I checked challengly and it makes me put in a Status address but Status is not accepting new testers right now so I can't install it. How can I create a Status address? Or do I just use my ETH address?

Use your eth address for any erc20 token. So yes

Okay thanks, then I assume I have to add a token address to watch SNT in order to see SNT in my wallet? Where can I find the SNT address?

You dont

Etherscan or ethplorer will show all your tokens

I use Mist, is there any way to see SNT balance in Mist?

dunno

According to etherscan.io the address is 0x744d70fdbe2ba4cf95131626614a1763df805b9e
And it seems accurate, when I put it in Mist it says SNT.
Can I trust it?

Should I dump .5 BTC at this moment where the first dip in the pump is felt?

remember ANS? it was also pumped by chink in the same manner

said the bancucked -50% poorfag to the +150% status demigod.

Enjoy your holdings fagglet, you are in denial.