Ask an Goldman Sachs Intern anything

Ask an Goldman Sachs Intern anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KCz2e4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you shoot up your office come Monday morning? Fuck the kike manipulators you work for. Let AMD and MU fly you fucks!

Fuck you kike.

>implying godman sachs hire goy interns

fuck goldman sachs and fuck jews

Do you get access to anything actionable or is that shit locked down?
Do many employees play the market or are they wage slaves?

Did you have to buy your own mop?

how do you get the taste of jew dick out of your mouth

do you enjoy it when your kike overlords fill your butt with cum

Would you send me a BTC in order to do something positive for once?
18FxdnX4kri4VqQDaae5F8Wj5N86xWUuMm

Share price chart datasets nao!

I have a friend who works for goldman, he does acid and smokes shit tons of weed. How chill is it there?

how busted are your kneepads?

Well the Bonus tastes good

ex-GS here. Are you Federation or Revenue?

[sounds of OP desperately googling to figure out what this question means...]

Fucking larpers lmao.

Since OP is fairly certain to be a LARPer at this point, anyone curious can fire away at me. I left while a VP and worked in the Financing Group (made up of Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Real Estate, Corporate Derivatives, Latin America)

see

sounds fuckin boring

you working in PE now?

You finally return and don't answer the only serious question? Fuck you guy.

I wouldn't say so. There are roughly 3 types that stick around long term on the Revenue side (more than 24mos after hire):

1) Absolute lifer "sell-siders" who genuinely enjoy chasing after the large clients and can take just about any level of stress and abuse to do so

2) Somewhat mediocre (by GS standards) people who find their niche and choose to stick with it. These creatures are usually found in product group that are specialized where sales targets will fluctuate with the market.

3) The political expert - may or may not be an all-star at the job but is able to "play the game" of corporate politics (which is extremely competitive and visible at GS) and advance through their internal connections

Different bank. Life-time sell-sider, i'm totally uninterested in playing the alternative investment game. I like advising, selling, and financing businesses.

What did you leave to pursue? Sound like you had done well there, why did you leave?

i'll help since OP is full of it. This is for NY-based Revenue i.e. actual bankers:

Analyst (22yo fresh out of college): 85k base plus 35-85k bonus. Average bonus much closer to 50 than 70. Probably 4.25% or less earn the 85k bonus.

Associate: this program changed wildly in 2015/16. Associate promote happens after 2yrs instead of 3yrs for top 20%. Remember that MBAs come in at this level too. Associates now earn $125k base. Bonus varies in a ridiculous way depending on who you work for and what you do. If you work for a top-producing partner in "classic" Investment Banking (i.e. the client coverage, industry-based groups) you can 100% bonus here too ($125k). However, work for a politically unpopular or out of fashion product and it could be 15k.

i won't hurt your brains with >=VP comp...

Did you start at goldman?

I worked for a highly specialized albeit very well connected politically group thanks to my first boss leaving and the second boss being VERY good at her job in this regard. The group got taken over by leadership that was distant and failed to understand out true value to the organization. I received top marks [8.776, still remember] on my review (this happens once a year and essentially ranks you a zero to 9 where 9 is highest) and the new management whiffed really hard on my comp or bonus. I knew my boss wasn't going to make MD (Managing Director, highest rank at a bank except Goldman where they still have Partner) so it wasn't worth sticking around to build the brand when i could literally move anywhere I wanted and get paid more.

No - moved to NYC after failing out of the typical path of 1st year analyst recruiting and worked like no shit 5 jobs before breaking into Barclays in a trading role. Pivoted that to GS. First job was door-to-door sales lol

How does your boss take their coffee?

How many times have you picked up dry cleaning?

Tell us everything you know about SETLcoin. Are you aiming for a hostile take over of XRP's niche?

understandable, thanks for the responses! I'm inspired by what you said since I'm unlikely to get into an amazing first year analyst position next year when I'm out of school, but hopefully in the long term I can find my way in the industry like it sounds like you have.

Never for either. That is a relic of like 1992. Banks treat junior staff better now than ever before by a an enormous margin.

If you whiff on a banking spot go to NYC and get an operations or risk role. If you are top 20% in that field and have lots of "coffees" you'll transition no problem. I was EXTREMELY lucky to break in the way I did.

I'm hoping to get a banking spot, just not in NYC or for a BB-tier firm. Thanks though, I'll look into those positions as well

What, like regional/commercial banking?

Are the big players at G&S holding BTC?

>Goldman & Sachs & Company

No, I'd like to get a spot in IB but at a mid-tier firm or maybe a boutique place. I probably wouldn't get a spot at a top tier firm in NYC anyways, but a major obstacle is also that I can't relocate to NYC or any major city out of college. I'm in the DMV area and that's where I'll have to be for a few years, so I'll really just be looking for positions there which does limit me a little bit. But that's the unfortunate reality I face for now.

>have to be for a few years

Is the a family-related reason?

yeah, probably could leave if I REALLY wanted to but it definitely seems like me staying is the more realistic option. I'll probably apply to some stuff up in NYC though, and obviously if I get something too good to pass up on then I wouldn't

Thanks user for your answers. How many hours were u expected to work on average a week for GS? And how many are u currently doing at Barclays?

Heard their vps only make 100k so I guess how's living on food stamps?

I got a couple questions
I've been digging up FX bank reports on the web to try to get a better understanding and insight into what the banks are thinking about and concerned about and possible insights into which direction flows may be heading. But I'm kinda skeptical because many times the reports are bullish at the top and bearish at the bottom. Is it that the banks are really trying to trick their clients reading these reports to take the other side of their trade?
Also another question, and part of which is related to the first is I read in bank reports that they make a large percent of their revenue from speculative trading and and another large percent is from market making, and the banks also own large hedge funds. Which perspective writes these reports? Because the market makers are the most net short at the tops and most net long at the lows, so they need someone to take the other side of their trade. Is it from the perspective of the market maker or from the speculative proprietary trader? Also how do the banks get away with doing proprietary trading and own hedge funds, I thought that was banned?

He's only even responded once and he didn't answer a single question

Yeah and there was also a intern from another bank yesterday is that a coincidence why all of a sudden interns from banks showing up in this shithole?

Tips for non-target undergrad getting in. Should I intern and work at local boutique for a few years?

you should kys

Clean your room user

If you say it is a hedge it is still allowed. Ans cause banks have huge portfolios anythibg can be a hedge

How does it feel being evil and not even being compensated for it?

How much dick have you sucked during your internship?

can you manage to post here some HFT algos you're using? thanks

would you like to join Veeky Forumscord?
discord.gg/KCz2e4g

wow

EQUITY EQUITYYYYY

((()))

How old are you?

What is your religion and ethnicity?

24, White-Jewish

How many hours do you or others work? What's the hourly wage or approx salary?

where is my fucking coffee???

Get me a coffee.

what is your mothers maiden name? first elementary school? favourite pet? first pet?password and username on polo?

I am a Second Year Analyst

80/h+ per Week 87k/y