Short selling

can I get a quick rundown on shorting?

Other urls found in this thread:

english.stackexchange.com/questions/145376/what-is-the-origin-of-long-and-short-in-finance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

want bigger lulz? read his past comments and see how he tried to shill his analysis and tried to bait other retards to down with him

Kek. Did this poorfag really consider himself well off with < $100k? I have around $1.7m, and don't consider myself well off yet. He can recover his losses within a year from working an average job

>150 BTC
>< $100k

also
>not shorting DOGE

< $500k*
Same thing applies

What the fuck kind of average job are you making 500k+ a year?

Cant wait until doge shoots up to 100-200 So I can short this shit back to hell. POS coin.

jewtubing fake pranks, bro

>i made a shitton of money this way
>i got greedy and lost it
>i will now stop making money the best way i know

he's a degenerate gambler. that's always the way it ends for them.

It's great and undervalued since most noobs are afraid of it.

Honestly the way it's worded that post always looked like reverse shilling to scare people away from shorting/selling (like the "NEVER try to time the market!!" meme): it was posted on r/ethbagholder and during the time ETH was going up a lot and talks of bubble began surfacing.

Every time an alt dumps, no matter how ridiculously long and intense the preceding pump was, the 'hodlers' always complain about whales, manipulation, shorters and conspiracies. Eth cucks in particular seem to have developed a paranoid aversion to shorts and shorters.

Okay my friend here is the basic gestalt.
I have one btc out for loan. You take my loan and immediately sell that Bitcoin I loaned you at market price. Now you have to repay my Bitcoin you owe me. You rebuy that shit (at hopefully lower than you sold it at) and you return my 1btc. You pocket the difference between the two prices minus interest for the loan and then you have successfully short old

With shorting you can at most double your money and at worse owe infinity money

DASH is garbage though

Where does the name "short" come from? Is it because you borrow the coin for a short amount of time?

your gay

>You read on Veeky Forums that gold is going to crash
>Borrow a ingot of gold before the crash
>Sell it
>gold crash
>buy again the ingot of gold (It's at a lower price)
>the difference it's your profit

But if the gold doesn't crash, you owe money

gold is ghey

This is why I dont margin trade.
This is why I dont go all in instead diversify and hold long and short positions

english.stackexchange.com/questions/145376/what-is-the-origin-of-long-and-short-in-finance

it's free money as long as you're not retarded

>btc reaches ATH
>short it until it reaches the dip
>buy more with the money you made from shorting
>repeat