America is rome

America is rome
Trump is Hadrian
Hillary is Constantine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YxLqx8xF9Pw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"no".

We iz dah dehsendints of Roem!! We Romanz nao!!!

>HE WANTS TO BUILD A WALL!
>HADRIAN WANTED TO BUILD A WALL!

I'm convinced that's the full extent of your analysis here.

I think it's fun to draw parallels between ancient Rome and modern day
-the enervating luxury
-the grain dole for the urban poor and 'food stamps'
-the declining birthrates
-the reliance on immigrants for defense and commerce
-the collapse of trade and the crushing tax burdens
and so on and so forth

but one should be wary of drawing conclusions that the present will mirror the past exactly.

>America is larping as Rome
>Trump is larping as Hadrian
>Hillary is larping as Constantine

fixed that for you

really tho trump is nothing like hadrian. as I've said before, Trump is more like Crassus than any other roman, even moreso now that he did the whole "just watch IMMA FIX THE MIDDLE EAST" thing, soon as that fails the parallels will be perfect

Trump is an amalgam of the Gracchi brothers. If/when the establishment has its way and manages to get rid of him, the real fun will begin.

Does that make Flynn his Pompei and Mattis his Caesar?

i believe more and more that the US is a modern day Carthage

The scary part is how people can see & feel the stagnation all around them and the underlying cracks but refuse to acknowledge them really.

The Democrats are the optimates, the Republicans are the populares.

It could switch again though.

This desu.

The question is: who will be Marius and Sulla?

I could see Mike Pence becoming a Sulla

its ironic that Christianity is the traditional moral foundation this time around

If you were around during the 1970s there was a huge wave of cultural pessimism and lots of lamentation about being in an age of decline.

40 years is a pretty big gap, are you saying that generation had the feeling but the subsequent ones haven't?

Thats an insult to crassus, the guy who actually made cunning deals

>selling public lands to oil comapnoes
>gracchi wanted to redistribute public land
Dam...

>It could switch again though.
There never was any switch, that's always the way it's been in this country since the Democratic-Republican party split in half.

OP, we're either Byzantium (With Britain being Rome) or we're mid-Republican Rome. We're just coming down off of the high of winning the Punic war and slowly realizing all of those people who were worried we'd soar to high and melt our wings were completely and utterly right.

Yes, the 1970s were a time of cultural malaise, economic stagflation, political upheaval and social strife. These was a persistent sense that America was in a spiral of decline. Most of that was washed away in the 1980s & 90s where the outlook of most Americans improved and the sense that the country was headed in a better direction increased.

My point was that if you feel that this age is one of decadence and decline it wouldn't be the first time Americans felt that way.

any good books on the sense of malaise of the 70s

Rome did not control the worlds finances.

and neither does the usa

neither americans

say goodbye to your petrodollar
t. euro

>the U.S. doesnt control the worlds economy.

But the worlds leading economy is the U.S. and the 2nd in place is China who just so happens to rely on America to buy their shit. The rest of the countries are our allies who rely on our military to defend them.

How do we not have the world by the balls?

because we are indebted

Yeah but to who

Isn't that Obama?

the federal reserve's shareholders

;^)

>Trump is Hadrian
>Hillary is Constantine
U WOT M8

get with the times

Trump Trump Trump
youtube.com/watch?v=YxLqx8xF9Pw

>hey guise our GDP is higher than yours when we combine 23 countries together haha how can Americans even live hahha
Also Brexit will cleave that bar roughly by a third

XD

they will have some sorta deal and this doesnt include switzerland and norway which are essentially members without representation

stay mad amerifat, your dollar will be worthless and your shit aggressor state of rednecks will be buried by debt

long live the european empire

You aren't addressing the fact that Britain won't be a member of the EU, so that graph in two years will be incorrect. Nor are you addressing the fact that the EU isn't a nation, and comparing the combined GDP of 23 countries against one country and being surprised that it's a bit larger is silly.

almost literally uncomparable though

rome's society was different in every way possible

Trump (or "Drumpf" as I like to call him) is far more like Caligula or Nero.

man people like you ACTUALLY vote

>(or "Drumpf" as I like to call him)

I hate trump and that's the cringiest thing i've read all month, are you twelve?

And ancient China is a totally different society to America too, but you can still find parallels in complex societies with each other. It seems as though the course of empires follow similar paths.

I was being ironic. : /

>long live the European empire
This board is 80% 15 year olds with no historical education or knowledge wewuzzing and larping over things that sometimes never even existed

lol

EU is literally a free trade and free movement bloc and just as cohesive as the Articles of Confederation was, if not more so with its bureaucracy, its congress and its central bank

Care to give a quick rundown on these guys?

America is Rome.
Trump is the Gracchi Brothers
Hillary is the Senate

Fixed

Not every major power is Rome.

>plebs bow to the Gracchi
>in contact with Dii Consentes
>rumoured to possess divination abilities
>control latium with an iron fist
>own villae and castra all over the mediterranean
>direct descendants of the ancient tarquinian blood line
>will bankroll the first cities in Britannia (Gracchinium will be be the first city)
>own basically every mint on Earth
>first paper money will be Gracchi money
>both brothers said to have 200+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Minoan temples & Eleusis
>Ancient Sibylline books tell of two demigods who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented land reform with them
>These are the Gracchi brothers
>The Gracchi are in regular communication with the gods Mercury and Apollo, forwarding the word of Jove to the Pontifex Maximus
>The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from creation to the end of the world. We don't know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they're benevolent beings

Meant for