Why do Russians and Amerifats claim to be Roman when it was the Turks who were Romans?

Why do Russians and Amerifats claim to be Roman when it was the Turks who were Romans?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Rum
youtube.com/watch?v=YxLqx8xF9Pw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Turks didn't call it roman sultanate
they called it "anatolian vassal of the seljuk sultanate"

>implying the Venetians weren't the true romans

they called it Rum Sultanate and Rum Seljuks
which means ROMAN sultanate and ROMAN Seljuks

No actually, they called it Roman Seljuk State/Sultanate

They called it Sultanate of Rum as a vassal of the ilk khanate

The reason they called it roman was not because they claimed they were them, but rather on the fact that it was founded upon roman land

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Rum

not many people understand this

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Rum
It is called "Country of Anatolian Rum" or "Anatolian Seljuks" in Turkish, and "Seljuks of Rum" in Persian. It is just English translation being retarded on this one. And each ruler had a certain title along with the word "Sultan". And if anything it was heavily influenced by Persians, so the title Shah appears for the founder of the country among the Turkish Titles. It is historical revisionism if anything to use such country names.. They should adapt Turkish terms to describe them instead of using stupid terms like "Sultanate".

Mehmed II called himself "Kayser-i Rûm", which means the Caesar of Rome.

>After the conquest of Constantinople, Mehmed claimed the title "Caesar" of the Roman Empire (Qayser-i Rûm), based on the assertion that Constantinople had been the seat and capital of the Roman Empire since 330 AD, and whoever possessed the Imperial capital was the ruler of the Empire.

It was used as a trophy, as he was the one who conquered romans, not due to him portraying himself as THE roman emperor, even though he had blood lines to the byzantines

mehmed the second was an ottoman sultan, we're talking about seljuks here

OP is talking about Turks, and he was a Turkish ruler. When Byzantium was put to an end, he claimed the titles. In the time of Seljuks there was an exising Roman Empire already.

Read more history kid. He made a ceremony for fallen Byzantian Emperor, and was a huge Romeboo. He spoke Italian, Latin and Greek in a good level. He was the best rule of his era, therefore his claim is more than a wish of a fool king.

what i'm saying is, in the OP's picture, anatolian seljuks are branded as "roman sultanate"

The Roman state existed with a few hiccups from the 8th century BC until the 15th century AD, any other political entity claiming to be the Roman state is engaging in WeWuzzery on a national level

WE

Anybody claiming to be roman is WEWUZING

by that logic greeks are wuwuzing too

Roaches were romans
Niggers were egyptians
Slavs were macedonians

Greeks have literally been Roman citizens for much longer than Romans were if we're being technical

but by logic, they were not latins, they were not romans

go tell Caracalla that

Well they are. Greeks are goddamn Greek.

Italians can sort of claim to be Roman, but well... They wewuzing too.

so romans have died out as an ethnicity and have no descendants then?

Roman in the sense that they took over the ERE
Nothing else is Roman besides having an autocrat who conquers stuff

So Spanish, Portuguese, French, Brit, Swiss, Austrian are Romans too?

no we claim that we will lose our republic like the Romans

big difference

>all about "muh freedoms" even though there's ever increasing apathy for it
>doesn't really have a culture, took culture from others
>originally was part of a kingdom
>outsourcing all our shit to other countries
>came into power mostly due to the original powers screwing themselves over
>immigration problems

need I go on?

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

youtube.com/watch?v=YxLqx8xF9Pw

but Trump is the equivalent of an optimate

Caesar was a populares

American's don't claim to be Romans, but we're the second incarnation of Rome

rum just meant rome or anatolia at the time before the byzantines started to call it turchia in 13th century, which everyone else just adopted
later on we began to call the balkan side of the bosporus "rumeli", we also still call greeks "rum" from time to time

he didn't just call himself "the caesar of rome"
he was actually working with an anti-catholic orthodox leader at the time. in return for giving him the patriarchy of constantinople and the second largest church in the city as well as the "millet" status for the orthodox peoples the priest granted him with the title
he also wanted to take the italian peninsula, because he fashioned himself as the true heir of both east and west and was without a doubt the most enlightened ruler of 15th century. this invasion plan spooked the pope so much that he made plans to evacuate rome just in case. which is why mehmet was poisoned just as the first skirmishes on italy began so the plan never saw fruition

>He spoke Italian, Latin and Greek in a good level.
He also spoke Turkish(obviously), Arabic, Persian and possibly Hebrew

USA is just the hegemon of the current age. There's nothing Roman about it besides being a republic.

I mean they were, since they were Roman Citizens. But their lands stopped being part of the Roman Empire, what with being conquerer by bar bars and all that.

Turks were never Romans, the actualy Holy Roman Empire was in central Europe. Then you had the Greek and Turkish LARPer """"""""""empires""""""""""

>>Holy
>>>>Roman
>>>>>>>Empire

He's technically right, the HOLY Roman Empire was in Central Europe.

The ACTUAL Roman Empire was in SE Europe.

I don't claim to be Roman

please kill yourself you stupid faggot

Why do NAfricans and Syrains and such not lay stronger claim to Roman heritage?

Western Europe went autistic over DA TRU ROMANS, Russia called itself Third Rome, Greece is proud of Byzantine heritage, etc.

But Egypt, Tunisia, and the like, key provinces with a rich and proud history? Not even bothering to pull some ties to Roman legacy and endear themselves to Europeans? Really makes the wheels lubricate.

Because of Islam

>Amerifats claim to be Roman
I don't believe that's true.

>Aquatic Roman Empire
Got a chuckle outta me.