How did we domesticate these things?

In ancient Greece, it was a common sight to see the poor beggars get picked off by a group wild horses. Descending quickly, these large animals would pummel prey to submission before gorging.

It had gotten to a point where the horses became more lethal than the belligerent royal guards, who would also occasionally be eaten by muscular stallions.

Imagine being a child, waking up suddenly to the pain of an animal biting your leg. You look up to see a mare many times your size with your bloody calve in its teeth. You scream, big mistake, it releases your leg and put its mouth on your throat, drawing blood. When you finally stop struggling, having drowned in the contents of your split-open jugular, the horse turns its head to your stomach and begins eating.

With all this horror, someone came up and said "Yeah, let me try riding one", sounds crazy, but it worked eventually.

My question is, how did this happen exactly? And in such short time?

Other urls found in this thread:

horsetalk.co.nz/2012/04/17/horses-as-meat-eating-killers/#axzz4ht34RYuR
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYNmGMsU18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We mated with them of course.

I don't think horses were carnivores.

A pony, huh? OK, try to imagine yourself in the Hellenistic Period. You get your first look at this "18 hands pony" as you enter a clearing. He moves like an ungulate, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like cattle - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Horse. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two horses you didn't even know were there. Because Horse's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this...A six-inch hardened hoof, like a hammer, from fused toes. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say... no no. He slashes at you here, or here. Or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is, you are alive when they start to eat you. So you know, try to show a little respect

They aren't anymore, no, but pre-domestication they ate meat and hunted in packs like wolves.

i think they need to be untamed and let loose through the towns and cities.

Hey
I wanna fuck that

What? No

Is this thread real? Why am I here?cWhy does it make me horny?

Interesting question, I guess someone did and it spread, wonder where it first happened probably not europe

Subdues them with the power of the cock

Not even horses can defeat the cock

Uuuuuuh... source on this?

How can men even compete?

while the eating meat stuff is the usual american retardation the reason we could domesticate horses is because they are indeed pack animals

capture the alfa and break it, the stud will follow

We all know the most effective way to break the alpha is by fucking it mercilessly.

milk

I think researchers now believe it was somewhere on the Eurasian steppes. So basically from Hungary to Mongolia, somewhere in there some guy figured out he could sit on its back and it became the iconic steppe warfare machine for millenia.

Is this a real thread or did I suffer a stroke? Horses are herbivores, and have always been herbivores. They don't have the teeth or the gut necessary for eating meat. They might bite to attack, but they didn't fucking eat people.

Get your scientism off my board!

This board sucks

10/10 had a good chuckle

man milk?

horsetalk.co.nz/2012/04/17/horses-as-meat-eating-killers/#axzz4ht34RYuR

>sometimes people feed horses meat or blood
>horses can be violent just like any other animal
>myths and legends

Oh wow user, totally won me over. I totally believe that pre-domesticated horses were vicious pack hunters XD

I didn't know horses were this aggressive.

put all those three green texts together and now imagine many thousands of years in the past. to me it's conceivable that horses were once carnivores of a sort, if not opportunistic ones, and the details described in that article are vestigial elements from a primordial past.

We can go back 10 million years ago, and even then the horse's ancestor was a herbivore. Horses lack fundamental structures necessary to digest meat in a meaningful matter.

Didn't you watch Spirit?

Rule number one when you go around horses is to never walk behind them, because they will kick you if you approach from that direction. Also, you should look up some videos of horses fighting for dominance in their herd.

I like your way of thinking.

The only "proof" for this is the Labors of Heracles. Not exactly the most reliable source, are you going to claim that bulls can breathe fire because Jason saw one that could?

this obviously

stop your revisionnist shit, vegan-pleb

Well done.

watch this beast in action

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYNmGMsU18

>How did we domesticate these things?
you have it backwards

Nobody thought of sitting on horses for millenia after they were domesticated, retard. Also, wild horses were somewhat smaller than domestic horses that we bred.

Actually quite a few people throughout the world fed meat to horses up until recently.

Are you fucking serious? It is well known that bos taurus primigenius could breathe fire. That's why there are none left, they were too dangerous.

Texts that use ſ always sound lisping uin my head.

*in

I can't tell if I'm being memed anymore