When will we have a universal perfect cryptocurrency that possesses all the features of current cryptocurrencies but...

When will we have a universal perfect cryptocurrency that possesses all the features of current cryptocurrencies but none of the drawbacks? What cryptocurrencies that exist now have this potential?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivechain.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Iota

That coin is still in development. And will not do an ico because the devs will know it is the future and not some p&d.

Ethereum

Warren knows.

>When will we have a universal perfect cryptocurrency

We already have bitcoin. Everything else is a meme designed to cash out on its success.

But it doesn't possess certain features that other cryptocurrencies have.

>he actually believes btc is perfect.
Go back to /b/ or /pol/ kid...

You know I'm right deep in your heart...

Doesn't antshares have everything ETH has but more customization for developers? Heard it was easier to program or whatever

I wish you were right but wishing and being don't make it so

tezos

Byteball, has the same underlying tech as IOTA but way more very cool features.

also re:byteball, free coins if you hold any BTC. Every full moon. 98% are distributed this way.

Except if you merged the technological capabilities of only two currencies, for example BTC and ETH, you would have a currency that is technologically superior to either, and presumably more valuable.

I don't see one Currency to rule them all as achievable or desirable.
The way forward wll be something like a universal wallet with integrated decentralised exchange, similar t the Ox project on ETH.

BTC serves a real purpose, heck you can buy gold and property with it. What the fuck is ETH for? Smart contracts? Who in the real world uses that shit?

IOTA and Byteball might be it if they mature successfully.
EOS is also interesting. Their crowdsale is questionable, but Dan Larimer delivered viable products in BitShares and Steem.

So, perhaps by 2020 or so. It's likely Bitcoin and Ethereum will still be going strong even then, first-mover advantage remains significant.

The Byteball distribution is a smart model to get people to move on from Bitcoin to your new crypto if you truly believe you have the chops to deliver a superior product, but it was too much and too early. In DAG technologies, it might make more sense to tie distribution amounts to network activity. As in, you still give people coins based proportionally on their linked BTC balance, but you tie the total amount distributed for each round to overall network activity. This would give you a virtuous loop; for sure mostly bots trading with addresses owned by single users, but this still ensures regular transactions get confirmed quick.

>BTC serves a real purpose, heck you can buy gold and property with it.

You can buy those things with ETH as well. Perhaps not in as large volume or with similar fluidity but that would certainly grow with time.

>Smart contracts? Who in the real world uses that shit?

Do you not think that, as an emerging technology, smart contracts would inevitably see widespread adoption?

Would a universal currency not naturally emerge from a universal wallet, where the market forces would eventually compel the development of a currency that averages the entire economy of that wallet?

>The Byteball distribution is a smart model to get people to move on from Bitcoin

I've been looking at the Byteball giveaway today, and it seems as though it would do the opposite. Why would I forefeit my BTC if it's providing a monthly revenue stream from the Byteball distribution model?

What you're saying is 'I missed the BTC, ETH, ZEC, LTC and DASH boats, will there ever be another'. Yes, and yet again you are missing it. Signatum was released this week and despite not even being listed on any major exchange is already selling for almost 2 cents. Now, that may not sound like much but it is actually the fastest growing fair release coin ever.

It is perfect. Absolutely no premine, the mining began as CPU only, then moved onto GPU PoW and will eventually move to PoS and you missed it. You could try to buy some. If you're lucky the price may dip once an exchange lists it, but that is looking unlikely. Oh, and its already the 5th most mined coin on the planet, and you hadnt heard of it.

Not if the principles of currencies are completely different. e.g. a stablecoin massively adopted by merchants would need a stable rate of inflation, which would not be a good store of value (e.g. BTC)

when the chinks devour themselves

Not really. Antshares is a stupid bag of shit with no devs.

Ethereum has thousands of devs

He is right

drivechain.info/

BTC is the hydra of a thousand heads with sidechains. Alts are dead.

Not so much forfeit your BTC, more the idea you get a proportional stake rewarding your previous investment in crypto. Should the trend move to Byteball, you're ready to hop on the train rather than watching from the sidelines. See the virulence Bitcoin maximalists have for ETH, for comparison.

They hook people in like this. Then there's a higher % received for holding Byteballs directly, so once people get familiar with it, they've got a little extra incentive to convert some of their holdings.

Not a bad scheme to increase adoption.