Tell me why you dont own xby

autism im guessing

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/XtraBYtes/core/commit/8497de10fdbc44506880412c3825d486b0a5c197
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>own
it's a pnd scam that made me some 200% daytrading during its rise but only an idiot would hold this shitcoin overnight
also yoshit

>scam
stop repeating shit without thinking about what it means

a scam implies the developers are deceiving us and there is no intention from them to deliver the tech

there is real tech here. sure the lead marketer CCR had some turbo autist moments but apparently the board and CCR have reached an agreement to have all his actions pre screened and approved before they become public.

This coin will be a top 10 coin. The tech idea behind it is ground breaking.

>developers
you mean anonymouses who have no personal presence or accountability
a hallmark of every legit thing you readily put your money into, right?

Hello SIRS!!
Please be buying and millionaiers will b here! ;) WE R DEVELOPING THE CON!!!!

we know his identify, we've seen his linked-in, we've seen he's putting effort into the project

jesus, i swear people hold this coin to some ridiculously high standard

I sold all mine, with a profit thank god

i stopped believing in the coin because of the marketing guy, because he's basically also the "CEO" of xtrabytes according to their sites

Untill they fire that guy for good, i dont see any future for this coin, and i wont be buying back in untill then

Also for some reason, they increased the fee from 100 to 200 xby when transfering, making it even more expensive to move coins, and since they are the only ones with a node, they get all the xby

here comes the lying scum of human trash

the fee is still 100xby in fact they lower it to 50xby after block 150k

here biz we have an example of a rat who spreads fud this is the cancer of this board remember this

The fee for transfer has gone down, substantially.
It was 100
Now it's 50
This has been in their plans since the coin enjoyed its first big rise in the static node sale.

CCr is the biggest fucking faggot I've ever seen, if they chose him to market their shit, i do not believe in their competency AT ALL.

Look at the first page of their ANN responses and tell me you fucking think they're competent.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Anyone have that SS of them saying "we did a video call with bittrex, onyl legit companies can do that"? That would be exhibit C

anyway that kid is the biggest faggot, I don't want to touch this even for a quick flip.

I bought 175000 when it was super cheap. I'm hoping this coin will make me a millionaire in a couple of years.

CCR is cringe af.
They need a mutiny.

the real question here, is what does XBY even offer?

How is the node network any different than something like DASH?

Doesn't having locked in nodes shift it toward centralization?

How does it protect against the typical issues in crypto (scaling, 51% attack, hacks) in a superior way to other blockchains? I would think that locking the main nodes in for a bunch of speculating neets without much/any tech knowledge would pave a dangerous path. It's not competitive, it will scale like sheeeit.

What's the appeal?

I thought they got rid off CCR?

>centralization is always bad

he's made an apology and is on fairly good terms with everyone again, i think he's willing to take more of a back seat while the board handles the marketing, he's still a loose cannon though

this is the shittiest of the shitcoins and you'd be a retard to buy this coin. go take a look at the github check in history. nothing but a complete scam, but don't listen to me, listen to the pajeets shilling the coin.

It increases vulnerability. It is always a negative. The only reason it is tolerable is that it provides some benefit. I do not see the benefit with relation to cryptocurrencies. That's kind of a large part of the appeal of crypto - that it is decentralized.

See No way people are this retarded the framework is out right now. I shouldn't expect anything different though because Veeky Forums seems to love buying high

I own 500k and have a node activated. Waiting for them to go online.

also own a node
this isnt guaranteed success
but if it does work
this will actually become THE COIN (pun intended)

What does XBY do that other coins don't?

proof of signature
possibly can solve many scalability issues
more secure than current chains

i think the plan is to create a module system which developers can build applications for, which will be secured and ran by the nodes (i.e. instead of miners powering the coin, nodes do the work)

it introduces a new way to reach a consensus on block signatures using a chord system to communicate between nodes, if this works well it could solve scalability problems in crypto

51% attack issue is supposedly solved by XBY since getting the private keys of 51% of the 500 static nodes is impossible without a mass buyout. But you could theoretically buy out 51% of nodes with enough capital. I think the dev mentioned something about it being immune to 51% attacks even if the majority of nodes are compromised (assumingly with a centralised verification system). For anyone interested, according to xtrabytes.me/sorted the most nodes owned by one individual is 44 (for anyone curious this is ccrevolution (one of the two founders))

bought low sold high a couple of times.

But this shits still a SHITcoin

have to agree, it is definitely still in the shitcoin category, a promising shitcoin though

i just sell my xby
very good profits
now i have million rupee

I even had the coins for a static node bought at 70 sats. But because of ccr I sold them all at fucking 170 and never held such an amount of XBY after. And boy did I shill this shit.

How exactly?

>instead of miners powering the coin, nodes do the work

Seems like a negative unless the nodes are easily changed. Furthermore, this is not a novel approach. There are shitloads of coins using nodes rather than miners.

As far as the 51%, they are not protected any more than other coins against this.

This is what I really don't get: This coin offers seemingly NOTHING over other coins, which are in actual operation. Not only that, but there has been ZERO development outside of a few shitty websites, and wallet re-skins.

I just don't get why you would stay with a coin that has seemingly so little going for it.

Like, nodes, great, you can get that already in a thousand flavors. Blockchain storage, same thing. Chord system, same thing. Heck, even PoSign - isn't that shit implicitly including in PoW/PoS? Like, PoSign is multiple nodes verifying that a transaction was legitimate, right? That happens with PoS/W already... if it didn't, we'd see tons of double spending.

It is just another masternode coin, but without any working tech - not to mention all the rest of it we've all read before.

Maybe I'm wrong though, but if I am then I guess I need a more in depth explanation to understand.

What are the best ways to store this shitcoin? I don't wanna lose my xby every time they do a wallet upgrade and im hesitant about leaving it all on yobit

wat's that Carroll Keebler
outsourcing?

wallet upgrades don't risk your coins whatsoever, the dev wouldn't release a build that compromised the ability to load or override the private keys from the wallet.dat file, but backing up is still a good idea

just store in the wallet and preferably in cold storage if you're planning on holding long term, definitely wouldn't be holding on yobit unless your planning on daytrading it

CCR is ok, TOTO is a massive retard suggesting to burn c-cex user's xby coins

I don't have the knowledge to answer your post in depth, maybe another more involved member could. I can address a few points:

>This coin offers seemingly NOTHING over other coins
It's offering the potential to solve scalability issues along with a module interface for applications to be built upon. If the chord network between the nodes turns out to be very efficient and scalable, the platform would then be an attractive choice for a blockchain application developer.

>there has been ZERO development...
We had a big commit yesterday which shows that the module system is functional and that development is happening: github.com/XtraBYtes/core/commit/8497de10fdbc44506880412c3825d486b0a5c197

>PoSign
The thing that makes it different to PoW/PoS on a high level is the fact that there is no inflation, every coin that will exist already exists. The nodes receive a share of the transaction fees for every transaction they sign.

>I just don't get why you would stay with a coin that has seemingly so little going for it.
It has a $9 mil marketcap and is still very much in its infancy. If development and marketing continues to go well it has the potential for some nice gains.

>unless the nodes are easily changed
This is what I've been talking about. At the moment it's a dead-end scenario. They need to make the nodes easily interchangable and the coin amount needed for nodes variable.
Fixed requirements make it seem like a scam even if it might not be one.

I doubt a chord network has to deal with such imposed limitations.

Also redesign the system and get rid of any possible centralisation, third party trust and the need for permission.

>It's offering the potential to solve scalability issues
No explanation about how it proposes to do this. How would (non-competitive) nodes verifying every transaction do so faster than (competitive) miners? Where's the incentive to process quickly? So far XBY stands to become sluggish upon high volume.

>github.com/XtraBYtes/core/commit/8497de10fdbc44506880412c3825d486b0a5c197

Unfortunately I am too stupid to understand exactly what this code does, so instead I will wait to see how it is once operational.

>The thing that makes it different to PoW/PoS on a high level is the fact that there is no inflation, every coin that will exist already exists
Not an advantage over those systems, though. It is conceivable that a PoW/S system could reward miners/stakers through transaction fees rather than block bounties. There are plenty of coins with no inflation.

>It has a $9 mil marketcap and is still very much in its infancy
You could say the same (or better) about hundreds of coins.
So, once again, there really is very little appeal and it seemingly presents no real solution. It also has missed out on any sort of first mover advantage with regards to any of its possible value propositions.

Want to create DAPPS? ETH
Want blockchain data storage? Storj, Sia, etc etc
Want fast cheap transactions and scalability? LTC, DGB, IOTA, even bitcoin will get there

I appreciate your response, but am unsatisfied.

Why bother speculating on some sketchy shitcoin, when all of the features it promises are already in play by coins with much larger adoption?

At best XBY will end up as the betamax of crypto.

>Unfortunately I am too stupid to understand exactly what this code does, so instead I will wait to see how it is once operational.
Why are you speaking on matters that you can't fully grasp

Why would I need the ability to read and understand code to see that a coin has little to no value proposition?

Did I make any comment about the code presented? Nope.

I chose exactly to NOT speak about the github deposits because I do not understand what they are. Please develop your reading comprehension before making inane replies.

If you don't understand the code you don't understand what it offers retard

I can understand what it offers without understanding the code by reading the information provided by the development team.

Here is a reductio ad absurdum of your argument:
You can't understand a videogame without understanding its code
You can't understand why google or facebook would be valuable without understanding their code

You see?

Not that I should have bothered, as you took the classic strategy of ignoring the entire post you responded to.

Sorry that you can't defend your shitcoin ;>

I'm riding it out. Wait a couple years and see where we are. The price is so low that the risk is minimal. No need to write a PhD about it.

Yep expect the risk to continue to decrease, good coin for long term (eternal) hodl

But you can't understand those things without understanding the code. You just understand what someone told you about them

I would buy just because the new XBY core's Java modules.

I'm programmer and this is looking very good so far.

the twitter post suggest it supports more than just java

.json isn't a programming language

what the fuck someone has actually written code for this scam?

>buy for shits and giggles
>its starting to look legit

I did not expect this

Why is this scamcoin still mentioned on biz?

xby is practically a proven scam. The "developers" (which I am convinced are 1 or 2 guys) staged a scam ICO and used those coins to buy them up cheap and use that story for a pump and dump scamcoin that is 100% controlled.

Then they extend it by creating basically vaporware. Private repo, unknown code, lel, scam

It's a great idea, really.

SCAM

lol its not a fucking scam. no1 would run a scam like this. way way way too much effort for a scam. CCR was a bit autistic yes, but thats under control now hopefully.

>staged a scam ICO blah blah blah
you have zero proof that happened

>vaporware, private repo, unknown code
So
>no development
haha see, SCAM
>development
haha vaporware! SCAM

Code of this magnitude is in no way vaporware

You look more pathetic by the day. Instead of screaming scam, which is about the worst possible argument right now, why not attack the project on ccrevolutions lack of professionalism, plenty of ammo there.

Look mate, the bottom line is no one is asking you to invest your life savings into this coin. It's got a