Woah

woah

is it that hard to go to a state college? smdh

go back to /pol/ fag

So don't live in scamerica

>18: can I buy a drink and pump myself full of toxic chemicals so I act retarded and dangerous?
>USA: no that's illegal & irresponsible
>18: can I take a risk and get a loan so that I can get educated and hopefully make something of myself in the future, knowing full well that I'll have to pay back?
>we encourage it

Why don't Americans go study abroad then? Lots of Europeans did it one time or another.

Enjoying that sweet free education in Denmark right now. Only for fellow Europoors though.

>Americans
>going abroad

lmao

maybe if they're from a rich family but then again they'd just visit paris or london

this

>nation still encourages STEM degrees despite much of that work moving offshore
The US has painted themselves into a corner workforce wise, they built a culture around STEM while they manufactured most of the worlds vehicles and needed engineers then promoted globalism and are no longer relevant in that market.
The only reason the US still has an auto industry is because they had it illegal to import light commercial vehicles and those produced there are so shit compared to the rest of the world they struggle to export them.

Globalism, not even once.

>18: Can I take a loan for 50k and study something that is completely useless and will only get me a job at McDonalds?
>we encourage it.

Then don't study something useless? Nobody is forcing you to take women studies.

>leaving the USA

Theres nothing of value outside the USA.

no but they're enabling it.

how about we make loans for useless degrees carry significantly higher interest rates or be next to impossible to acquire?

50K that's childs play, I am probably going to graduate with 200K+ and I don't even care because I'm immigrating to Costa Rica where they have a shortage of pharmacists and this shitty market go bye bye.

Women studies can net high paying jobs in education or government though, provided you are a woman.

>50k debt
>get good job with good qualification (you didn't pick gender studies etc)
>pay off debt in a couple of years
wow so hard

>18 can I have two guys dp me and finish on my face?
>USA sure we'll pay you a lot too

same lad, lived with my parents for the a bit and paid down 50% of my debt in 1 year
now I just have a no-interest loan I pay the minimum on. I could pay it all of but I make returns off my money so there's no reason to.

>free

If you can't use loans to your advantage tough luck kiddo

Whereupon you will become an even bigger leach on society by offering nothing productive and yet earning a fat salary and pension

Wait until your first paycheck, then you'll understand how awesome free is

>45% income tax
Why even bother lad

>a couple of years for bachelor's
>a couple of years for post-grad
>a couple of years to pay the debt
>meanwhile the guy that went directly into the work force after high school already has 1 decade worth of savings & experience being a working independent man

The only advantage having gone to college is that otherwise I probably wouldn't have learned even half of what I know about tech, computers, programming, and more importantly, crypto. But most people go to college and don't learn anything useful anyway.

Because I'm not Muslim and therefore would not be accepted into an exchange program

yup agreed some poor fags i know have high degrees but they do not know anything on how the real world works, guess where they are working f ing old navy, mcds star bucks,etc meanwhile i got out and said f it this is not for me but i continued to learn on my own