CORSICA

Reminder that this beautiful island, which is currently under french control, is as italian as Sardinia and has been so since Antiquity.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasquale_Paoli#Pasquale_Paoli_and_Italian_irredentism
youtube.com/watch?v=5EDXgUducfo
youtube.com/watch?v=j3OZCXyrbTY
youtube.com/watch?v=knIqF2quyG8
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz4B6I1ofco
youtube.com/watch?v=wsB7ZIg8ZLY
youtube.com/watch?v=RD4iDZMeDjs
youtube.com/watch?v=J7d4eISqp80
youtube.com/watch?v=sTgi5mH3tM0
youtube.com/watch?v=qqc_iubymtA
youtube.com/watch?v=7DpCiBiQJ8o
youtube.com/watch?v=s105TpknORY
youtube.com/watch?v=dGi67dhv6hA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIduNWLuGIs
youtube.com/watch?v=acFwlDCTQJo
youtube.com/watch?v=8rcBa2KEv5s
youtube.com/watch?v=noXeqxYfj9g
youtube.com/watch?v=KptBSHyWGbo
youtube.com/watch?v=t_kMKGz5Sps
youtube.com/watch?v=O5repzBQY3U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampiero_Corso#Later_life
youtube.com/watch?v=qFg5evHrCZg
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardegna_e_Corsica
mhs.eu.pn/hw/hw20055.html
napoleon.org/histoire-des-2-empires/articles/une-ecriture-si-singuliere-le-cas-napoleon/
youtube.com/watch?v=yEmjWI3Ib4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The "Babbu di a Patria" (Father of the fatherland), as was nicknamed Pasquale Paoli by the Corsican Italians, wrote in his Letters the following appeal in 1768 against the French invaders:

We are Corsicans by birth and sentiment, but first of all we feel Italian by language, origins, customs, traditions; and Italians are all brothers and united in the face of history and in the face of God ... As Corsicans we wish to be neither slaves nor "rebels" and as Italians we have the right to deal as equals with the other Italian brothers ... Either we shall be free or we shall be nothing... Either we shall win or we shall die (against the French), weapons in hand ... The war against France is right and holy as the name of God is holy and right, and here on our mountains will appear for Italy the sun of liberty....

("Siamo còrsi per nascita e sentimento ma prima di tutto ci sentiamo italiani per lingua, origini, costumi, tradizioni e gli italiani sono tutti fratelli e solidali di fronte alla storia e di fronte a Dio… Come còrsi non vogliamo essere né schiavi né "ribelli" e come italiani abbiamo il diritto di trattare da pari con gli altri fratelli d’Italia… O saremo liberi o non saremo niente… O vinceremo con l’onore o soccomberemo (contro i francesi) con le armi in mano... La guerra con la Francia è giusta e santa come santo e giusto è il nome di Dio, e qui sui nostri monti spunterà per l’Italia il sole della libertà…")

Pasquale Paoli wanted the Italian language to be the official language of his Corsican Republic. His Corsican Constitution of 1755 was in Italian and the short-lived university he founded in the city of Corte in 1765 used Italian.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasquale_Paoli#Pasquale_Paoli_and_Italian_irredentism

Hymn of Corsica (italian):
youtube.com/watch?v=5EDXgUducfo

Some more Corsican music so you can get a taste of the language (corsican-italian mutual intelligibility is extreme):
O Mà parlami corsu - L'Attrachju
youtube.com/watch?v=j3OZCXyrbTY
Cù lu stessu destinu - I Muvrini
youtube.com/watch?v=knIqF2quyG8
Mediterraniu - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz4B6I1ofco
L'arcusgi di Pasquale - L'Arcusgi
youtube.com/watch?v=wsB7ZIg8ZLY
Amerindianu - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=RD4iDZMeDjs
Mi ne vogu - Vitalba
youtube.com/watch?v=J7d4eISqp80
Ricordu - I Surghjenti
youtube.com/watch?v=sTgi5mH3tM0
I ghjuvannali - Canta U Populu Corsu
youtube.com/watch?v=qqc_iubymtA
A ghitarra - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=7DpCiBiQJ8o
Venite incu me - I Muvrini
youtube.com/watch?v=s105TpknORY
Nova virtù - L'Attrachju
youtube.com/watch?v=dGi67dhv6hA
Ghjochi - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIduNWLuGIs
O piscadore - L'Arcusgi
youtube.com/watch?v=acFwlDCTQJo
Avarà - I Surghjenti
youtube.com/watch?v=8rcBa2KEv5s
Pueta - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=noXeqxYfj9g

Reminder that President Trump recognizes Corsica as our rightful territory.

He was obviously talking about Italy in a cultural sense, not a nationalistic one.
>Pasquale Paoli wanted the Italian language to be the official language of his Corsican Republic
He didn't "wanted it" it WAS the language of the corsicans elites because corsican language was considered low-class and uneducated.

Also, although Corsica was in the italian sphere culturally, it has always been somewhat separated from it : Roman conquest of Corsica was much more difficult than its conquest of Sicily and Sardinia for instance. Moreover in the middle ages, when the island was occupied by Genoa, the Corsicans were viewed as aboriginals and savages and their nobility was treated as such by the genovese. They were not considered as equals as the other italians and the island was treated like a colony. This lead to various uprising and a strong resentiment from the locals against the mainlanders italians. Remember that Paoli fought the genoveses before the french, so i doubt you can consider Corsica and corsicans "Italians"

go home luigi
corsica is and always will be French

Neither french nor italian, Corsica is corsican.

AHAHAHAHAHH

Make Corsica Great Again!

it would be true, but only if italians didnt suck so fuckin much. fuck italy and fuck france. corsica is rightful spanish clay

>Since antiquity

Silly OP, people could never have reached Corsica in those days.

So what was bronze age Corisca like? Did they have nuragic influences?

>Roman Italia (in green) as organized by Augustus.

Corsica is Italian no matter what cuck frogs say.

When is he going to Belgium?

Corsica is Spanish

Yes, their Torri (towers) resemble Nuraghe, though they are smaller and much less numerous (50 Torri found vs like 7000 Nuraghi), but most of them have not been excavated so we don't know a lot about them, they also had contacts with Apenninic cultures from Central Italy and with Ligurinians

They depicted their armour and weaons in their statue stelaes, dated around 1300-1100 bc, which a lot like the sea peoples' armors depicted at Medinet Habu (1180 bc), which is really intriguing.

But oh wait it's french so go in your bed and cry about some clay italian can only dream off

Except since Antiquity there has been massive migrations from Italy to Corsica and the corsican language is 100% native to the italian peninsula. Corsica today has nothing to do with pre-roman Corsica.

>italian as Sardinia

So not at all?

I too used to think this as a young man, but it's actually pointless to care about islands like some asian

Culturally and linguistically, Corsica has nothing to do with Spain. It is as spanish as it is mexican.

t. non-italian who doesn't know anything about Sardinia and Italy in general

It's Spanish clay

A Corsica ùn hè micca francese, pinzutu di merda.

No, read Can a spaniard even understand 95% of this ? Exactly.

youtube.com/watch?v=KptBSHyWGbo

>the french can understand 10%
>italians can understand 95%

youtube.com/watch?v=t_kMKGz5Sps

>italians don't need a translator

really makes you think

Corsica and Sardinia must be spanish

Try to understand both videos and translate the phrases instantly as they finish: Good luck, Paco.

It's funny cause Jean-Guy is half spaniard

sembra un napoletano che è stato in francia per molti decenni hahaha

He has a small french accent when he speaks tho.
This is a better ilustration :
youtube.com/watch?v=O5repzBQY3U

>when a pinzutu does mental gymnastics to try to convince himself that Corsica is french

>when a lucchese does mental gymnastics to try to convince himself that Corsica is italian

>A
>FUCKING
>NIGGER

>mental gymnastics
How exactly?

"Siamo còrsi per nascita e sentimento ma prima di tutto ci sentiamo italiani. . ."

- Babbu di a Patria

t. François Macron

Daily reminder that Lombardy,Genova,Parma,Naples and Sicily are all rightful Spanish clay.Have a good day

The cuck you posted:
>He was ambushed and decapitated by rival Corsican mercenaries - a group which included three of his wife's cousins. His head was exposed in Ajaccio.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampiero_Corso#Later_life

First Catalunya, then Galiza, then Euskal Herria.

youtube.com/watch?v=qFg5evHrCZg

Prepare yourself.

>How exactly?
Because while it might have been culturally italian at this time, Corsica is a Nation and Paoli made it clear. Therefore it cannot be a part of the Italian nation since it's a nation itself.
t. giovanni doria
He was killed by his wife's cousins partly because he killed his fucking wife, how does that make him a cuck ?

>it might have been culturally italian at this time
The roots of its culture, language and people are to be found on the italian peninsula. There is no such thing as a "non culturally italian Corsica". Read >it cannot be a part of the Italian nation
It certainly can, is already and should be officially. Corsica is Sardinia's twin brother, always has been; unfortunately, only the latter is currently at home.

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardegna_e_Corsica

the french,spanish,and italians are all fucking retarded and are all roman clay

This.

Shut the hell up.
t. Sardinian

>imblying

mhs.eu.pn/hw/hw20055.html

So what?

So non rompere i coglioni.

Ceci n'est pas la France.

AJOOOOOO

95% no, but like 80%.

Not an argument, faggot.

>You will never reunite the Old Roman republic again.
I'm sad anons.

>like 80%
Funny how spaniards always say they can't understand italian very well because too many frequent words are completely different, now you understand "80%" of corsican? Stop pulling percentages out of your butt.

I presented the argument, 5mins later you replied "So what?" having clearly not read it. Stop posting.

This great man ensured it will forever be France

>Napoleone di Buonaparte
Reminder that he spoke french with a thick italian accent and couldn't even write it correctly.

He did have a Corsicans accent all of his life however he wrote well, he authored many essays and works throughout his school years and many letters throughout his life. He wrote French just fine.

>a Corsicans accent
An italian accent, not what is considered a "Corsican accent" in France today, he had to learn french at school, he had a lot of difficulty, needed special classes and never really mastered the language in his life. This is why it's ridiculous to always portray him speaking english with the stereotypical french accent, he should be made to sound like Mario.
>he wrote well
napoleon.org/histoire-des-2-empires/articles/une-ecriture-si-singuliere-le-cas-napoleon/

You shut up, I'm Sardinian and I feel Italian to the bone

Bump pè a Corsica è pè tutti i Corsi!

t.mexispic
The only thing you got right was the bottom half of Sicily everything else no
Try again Gonzalez

Who should free itself from France after Corsica?

France

Corsica is about as Italian as Nice you morons.

Dude the document said the Sardinian population didn't like the idea of becoming France, not the idea of independence. The only ones caring about Italian unity were Asproni and the followers of Mazzini. Just read this part:

"Emblematico, al riguardo, quanto dichiarato dalla “Gazzetta Popolare”: la Sardegna “sarebbe dovuta rimanere o italiana, o sarda, o inglese, ma francese non mai”.

In short: "everything is better then France", for some reason. That was the point of the discussion.

No, you are not. You are the false-flagging faggot from /int/, and you should really get off this website.

The French influences in his speech are unbearable. The soft "r" ruins everything

>implying most Corsicans even speak the language anymore

If it wasn't French before, it is now.

> This mad about objective data
Why?

>Corsicans fight Axis occupation as severely as mainland France
>our retarded neighbours from the South still try to convince themselves that Corsicans want to be Italian at all

>The liberation of Corsica began with an uprising ordered by the local Resistance on 9 September 1943. The Allies did not initially want such a movement, preferring to focus their forces on the invasion of Italy. However, in light of the insurrection, the Allies acquiesced to the landing of elements of the reconstituted French I Corps on Corsica in September 1943, starting with one division of elite French troops being landed—again—via the submarine Casabianca at Arone near the village of Piana in the northwest of Corsica. This prompted the German troops to attack Italian troops as well as French resistants in Corsica. The Corsican and French Partisans and the Italian 44 Infantry Division Cremona, 20 Infantry Division Friuli engaged in heavy combat with the German Sturmbrigade Reichsführer SS and 90th Panzergrenadier Division, supported by the Italian 12th Parachute Battalion of the 184th Parachute Regiment),[9] which came from Sardinia and retreated through Corsica from Bonifacio towards the northern harbor of Bastia.
Hmmmmmm...

t.mexispic

>convince themselves that Corsicans want to be Italian at all
Of course not after centuries of french brainwashing and linguistic destruction. Fascism messed up by g*rman autism also ruined everything.

It's called francization; Corsica still isn't french and as the song goes:

A francisata tropp'hè durata
U piombu salterà

youtube.com/watch?v=yEmjWI3Ib4s

How to move to rural town in Corsica and live life as a simple farmhand?

>A Corsica ùn hè micca francese, pinzutu di merda
>ùn hè micca francese
suond like my tuscan dialect

Italian here, Iunderstand 100% of his words

>wanting to be part of an irrelevant, poor, corrupt country filled with shitskins

wew

t. François du Macron

>italy is filled with shitskins

Someone has never visited paris.