What are some Veeky Forums approved anime/manga?

What are some Veeky Forums approved anime/manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Esgd-FM3BOE
youtube.com/watch?v=gaRqwKfMlKU
youtube.com/watch?v=GrvVVreWE6w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Surprisingly historically accurate.

Ruroni Kenshin is surprisingly informative on the Meiji Restoration and the decade or so that followed it.

Lots of fantasy elements, but plenty of real events and real historical figures.

Vagabond.

Fictionalized account of Miyamoto Musashi. But historically accurate for age and certain events.

Vinland Saga

Historie

what manga is this from again? I've wanted to read this ever since i saw images on Veeky Forums but I keep on forgeting to look into it.

Otoyomegatari

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Spice and Wolf if economics is inclusive

Otoyomegatari

Golden Kamuy

Emma.
Kaoru Mori is /ourgirl/.

Hetalia :^)

All I want is a girl who appreciates cute girls and history.

>tfw no qt Veeky Forums ara ara christmas cake mangaka gf

She's even got sources.

>The husband helps pull
>The love helps pull
Hahahahah

Berserk

So fucking tragic it made me cry.

And then I remembered that the Japs had it coming.

I approve

you know you can agree with the bombings and still sympathize with the victims, right

I consider myself lucky that I have a qt gf who is a cartoonist and lover of history. Feels good.

That's literally what I just said.

But is she as autistic about historical clothing as Kaoru Mori?
youtube.com/watch?v=Esgd-FM3BOE

They're still making anime about ww2.

East Asians just can't let go

She is, I find she teaches me something sometimes about my own areas of interest.

Polandball comics

thank

Someone give me the rundown on this

This.

Hetalia: Axis Powers (History)
Watamote (History and Humanities)
Maria the Virgin Witch (History and Humanities)
Space Dandy (Humanities)
Legends of Galactic Heroes (History and Humanities)

Best fucking manga I have ever read.

Im only 3 chapters into Thermae Romae but it makes me laugh like a retard

>Japan didin du nuffin wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=gaRqwKfMlKU

A few recent Veeky Forums-related reads of mine

Innocent Rouge
>The eve of the French revolution, 1772. The eldest brother of the Sanson family, Charles-Henri, has grown as an executioner and his sister, Marie-Joseph has been living, freely in the Versailles.But one day, Marie-Joseph's first love, a man named Alain was killed by aristocrats. This historie of innocents plunges into the arc of the crimson revolution, Rouge.

Ore to Akuma no Blues
>A combination horror story and re-telling of the mythologies of the American South, "Me and the Devil Blues" features RJ, a man who sells his soul to the devil in exchange for the devil teaching him to play the blues. The story features many elements familiar to American readers but not much featured in Japanese comics, including the practice of lynching and the sharp racial divisions in the south around the time of the story.

Song of the Long March
>Chang An in the Tang Dynasty of China (618–907): The demon star is passing through the sky, calamity is about to befall the Tang Dynasty. Princess Yongning is forced to flee the castle after her family is killed. Because she is young, she is able to pass for a boy and becomes renowned as a great military strategist. On her journey, she makes trusted allies with her skills as well as fearsome enemies while aiming to protect the Tang Dynasty and exact revenge.

this thread is more autistic than our lord and savior

Dindu nuffin. Pretty gud, though. Arguably one of the best anime last year.

This. The author even lists all of his sources and the people who helped him with anything related to Ainu culture. Pic related.

Innocent is visual sex desu

Saint Young Men actually taught me a bit of theology.

Not a single post about Kingdom so far?

Jesus is so moe.

Cesare

This is a Japanese Scourge of God.

Should I go with the anime or manga?

I enjoy the manga. Never watched the anime but I heard mixed reviews about it.

Ad Astra: Hannibal to Scipio.

This is true.

Fate was really ahead of the game when it came to the whole "Turn ______ into cute girls" phenomenon.

If you like Mori's stuff definitely give Gisele Alain a shot. It's done by, I believe, one of her friends/former assistants and the influence is very obvious though it's much lighter in tone. But if you want a cute grill having slice of life adventures in turn of the century France then you'll love it.

Gunka no Baltzar isn't strictly history in that it's a bunch of stand-in nations but it's a really great series about mid-19th century European politics and warfare.

Cesare's great too with some of the most beautiful manga art I've ever seen. The creator does fantastic renditions of Renaissance Italy and I'm assuming it's mostly historically accurate in terms of design, story and whatnot since she works with an actual Renaissance scholar. She also did a Marie Antoinette one which I imagine is probably also reasonably accurate since it was overseen by Versailles. Unfortunately that one only seems available in French.

I honestly cannot read Kingdom because my autism will not accept the usage of Japanese names for historical Chinese figures. It'd be like reading a Three Kingdoms manga that constantly refers to Ryofu and Sou Sou.

Manga of course

Shit animation.

Ehh it's not so bad. For the MC his real name's Xin but we call him Shin sounds the same.

What a cute little pile of aborted fetuses.

Young girl tries to make it big as an artists apprentice in 16th century Italy. There's neat stuff about preparing canvases, paints, and attending underground autopsies for mad gains.

>fire arrow
laughing youtubers.jpg

The siege weapon was made of wood and had half a small cities worth of oil dumped on it. Of course it'd catch on fire then.

And I'm pretty sure the Chinese made use of fire arrow's desu.

Gisele Alain is great, shame it's either on hiatus or just not being translated.

Just read a bunch of interviews on that Marie-Antoinette manga, apparently they really tried to make it as accurate as possible. Don't know how they'll handle some of the more controversial aspect of her life, should be interesting. Apparently it was done to bring Japanese people back to France, since they're all avoiding it since the terrorist attacks.

It's cool to see places I've seen IRL in a manga.

Season 2 was better. It's all continuous battles and such and feels kind of like the Saturday morning slot shows that used to come on but grittier.
I thought episodes 7-10 were great especially Ei Sei's struggles with the hallucinations of his demonic self inviting him into the abyss.

You should definitely check out any Mokoto Kobayashi manga. Particularly Cat Shit One, its like Maus but focused on the Vietnam war.
Thre's a sequel called Cat Shit One '80, that's more general, and goes over the Falklands War, and the Soviet Afghanistan War.

Cesare or "what if Reinhard was Cesare Borgia?"

Shoukoku no Altair. Anime soon.

If you like pretty boys (and the rare but welcome hot baabhabhiat), flamboyant and exotic clothes, 16th century aesthetics, and a surprising attention to battles, check it out.

Polandball rip-off

>I thought episodes 7-10 were great especially Ei Sei's struggles with the hallucinations of his demonic self inviting him into the abyss.
I think it was great foreshadowing but they should stick to the canon.

good taste

>and the rare but welcome hot baabhabhiat
I don't think there were any Indians inside the manga tho?

*Motofumi Kobayashi
Woops

speaking of Reinhard I wonder why no one posted the big one.

Gunka no Baltzer for all the Prussiaboos

i like the part where mahmut unleash his inner turk blood and went full jihad on the infidels

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée

Comfy slice of life set in 19th century Paris.

IIRC the creator of Gisele Alain got sick (the vicious Japanese cold?) and it's on indefinite hiatus.

The creator died just last month.
She was still only in her 30's ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=GrvVVreWE6w

>reading a manga about filthy mudslime turk's
Off yourself.

Sangokushi, the manga adaption of romance of the three kingdoms, is quite good, as faithful to the original as the author could manage while also adapting scenes to rely less on narration and more so on visual storytelling so that it isn't too dull. The character designs can be kind of dull compared to modern comics, but I would still say it's definitely worth a view

But they're cute

oh boy a balkanlar feefees is hurt ;( are you triggered? triggered lmao

I'm currently reading a series of godzilla comics where a mad scientist is bringing him back in time to cause mayhem in places that suffer great disasters of history

you cant just post shit like that without the source

Twelve Kingdoms is good. It's kinda Veeky Forums, set in a fantasy ancient China. The anime was cancelled but the novels were completed.

I wonder why anime/manga are this fun.

dumb turk. go back to sucking erdogans dick in your islamic shithole and leave civilized discussion to humans

their cartoons aren't all animated in toonboom, and aren't just tryhard nihilism, dude weed lmao stoner comedy, or literal childrens shows.
also they can get away with stuff that would shut down an American TV show in an instant.

>being this mad about chinese cartoons

>tfw you'll never be a young boy married to a qt 20 year old who teaches you how to hunt with a bow and cuddles with you in your yurt when you're cold

>tfw you'll never be a young boy married to a qt 20 year old who will /ss/ you every night

>tfw she'll never start seeing you as a man after you valiantly defend her during a village attack and get hurt
>tfw she'll never start becoming self-conscious around you, with your relationship clearly turning from a kind of siblingish relationship to one of husband and wife

Fuck, this manga is too good. Time to read it again.

History is trash and has no place in creative media.

creative media is trash and has no place in history

t. ideologue

it's decently drawn, I wouldn't wish to give anything away, but he decimates romans in this issue