I'm English btw

As a Saxon, i agree that English is just a retarded version of French

Anglish is purely Germanic tho!

what are you retards talking about

>english people are germanic!

I disagree with you

It is true that English is a French creole but it is still Germanic afaik

>g*rms are people

English is a creole of multiple Germanic languages that was then creoled AGAIN with a mass of French vocabulary. At this point it's pretty much it;s own branch of Indo-European, doesn't really belong to the Romance or Germanic branches tho of the two it's certainly more Germanic.

Nope, just our language and some aspects of our culture (most notably, the Common Law). The English don't see themselves as germanic and neither do the Germans, we're Insular or Britons.

>non-gendered nouns
>romance language

Even worse is "English is a Celtic language".

To be fair, English is the ONLY Indo European language without grammatical gender. It lost it during the first "creolization", when the languages of the Angles, Saxons and Jutes coalesced into Old English.

Can English still be considered as an Indo-European language despite its lack of gender ?

Sure, why not? It makes it a real outlier tho, but I-E is a HUGE language family with plenty of diversity already.

>afaik
wrong

see above

What do you think I got wrong? use your words.

>t. no one ever

>French is a romance language

>Romansh is a romance language

Persian doesn't have grammatical gender either.

There's nothing French about English other than some of the vocabulary and most of them are inkhorn terms

>58% French/Latin

Confirmed Romance language. Sorry England, turn in your white country membership card

whoever would say something as flatly wrong as this?

if they aren't mispronounced like the french, then they aren't actually french words, but in fact anglicized, thanks

>implying it's not the only romantic Germanic language

it surely is the only one wherein its speakers don't sound as if they're vomiting words

It's a Franco-Germanic creole created from centuries of French colonial rule.

Kind of like how in French North Africa they speak a mixture of Arabic and French.