Who is the smartest human being that's ever lived?

Who is the smartest human being that's ever lived?

Other urls found in this thread:

eoht.info/page/Genius IQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why I am

eoht.info/page/Genius IQs

>IQ
Into the trash it goes.

not you

human beings*

Igor and Grichka Bogdanoff

who cares

This is the only acceptable answer.

There's no way to know, of course, and not just one useful metric... but I'd say this guy is a contender.

Someone who could do math.

Depends on how we're going to judge smartness.

But it's probably me.

surely the american military

Rude

Probably Hegel or Marx

Thomas Hobbes.
Intelligence is best measured my common sense, experience, and respect.

>common sense
>experience
>respect
Fuck off, ideologue.

Candidates

>Aristotle

>Aquinas

>Nietzsche

>Hegel

>Wittgenstein

Smart in what metric? Beethoven never learned how to multiply, yet he is the greatest composer who's ever lived. Tesla was a mathematical genius but a social autist. Different types of intelligence.

Jesus

if society was autistic then we can go by jiddu krishnamurti's famous "it is no meassure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society", and knowing the masses, it was probably this

Whatever the case of society, there are many other examples of people who were great geniuses in one regard but total dunces in another.

>nietzschel, hegel and wittgenstein in the same category as aristotle and aquinas

>doesn't even mentioned avicenna, einstein, or newton

lol ok

Asimov and a few others mentioned that Carl Sagan was probably the smartest man in living memory.
Hawking, Feynman, Bohr and Einstein are in the ballpark.
As for GOAT it's probably Isaac Newton.

John von Neumann

>Nietzche
>the 89IQ tier fedora tipping reddit shitposter

Do you seriously believe any of those people are smarter than Aristotle? I get Einstein and Feynman. Even Newton. But fucking Hawking and Sagan? Really bruv?

Leibniz, Descartes, Pascal, Gauss.

Classically speaking, John Stuart Mill was said to have one of the highest measured IQ's of any person to live

But what's "smarter": someone like John Von Neumann, someone who had such cognitive abilities that he could memorize a phone book and make his peers feel self-conscious because of how insanely fast he could crunch numbers, or someone like Albert Einstein, who had vision and could see the world in ways that nobody else could?

>Von Neumann was a child prodigy. As a 6 year old, he could multiply and divide two 8-digit numbers in his head, and could converse in Ancient Greek.

>By the age of 8, von Neumann was familiar with differential and integral calculus, but he was particularly interested in history, reading his way through Wilhelm Oncken's 46-volume Allgemeine Geschichte in Einzeldarstellungen.

>By the age of 19, von Neumann had published two major mathematical papers, the second of which gave the modern definition of ordinal numbers, which superseded Georg Cantor's definition.

Surely Alexander Grothendieck is a candidate!
>Alexander Grothendieck was a German-born French mathematician who became the leading figure in the creation of modern algebraic geometry
>He is considered by many to be the greatest mathematician of the 20th century.
Oh wait
>In 1991, Grothendieck moved to a new address which he did not provide to his previous contacts in the mathematical community.[4] Very few people visited him afterward. Local villagers helped sustain him with a more varied diet after he tried to live on a staple of dandelion soup.[45] After his death, it was revealed that he lived alone in a house in Lasserre, Ariège, a small village at the foot of the Pyrenees.[46]
>he tried to live on a staple of dandelion soup

sure I think so

>I will NEVER achieve anything like this

The smartest man in history is obviously either Bill Nye or Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Only Steve Jobs comes close.

>not even as smart as he was at 6

Why bother desu

And Mark Zuckerberg

It's not even a contest.

Euler or Newton is my guess desu.
Nietzsche was a professor very young but he's more a romantic genius.
Interestingly, Enoch Powell attained a professorship at a similar age to Nietzsche and THEN enlisted as a PRIVATE in the British army (predicting WWII more or less in it's entirety before it started) becoming the youngest brigadier too (fastest rise through the ranks in the commonwealth). Wittgenstein is a brain-chad too.
These are all people who demonstrated prodigious brilliance though.

>smartest human
is a tough one, usually incredible cognitive power comes in conjunction with insanity and/or turbo-autism. It might be the case that there was a Newton*10 tier child knocking around with ample potential but got BTFO by plague or was aborted or some shit.

Me

You know that comic about how the smartest person to ever exist could spend her whole life working in a rice paddy and we'll never know about her? I feel like von Neumann was the exact opposite. Not only was he absurdly intelligent, he was able to use that genius to its fullest extent. Born at exactly the right moment.

well, Einstein was German aswell, so it doesn't really help your point

>that image

I kekd

Von Neumann or Gauss Rifle.

Conversely, also Nietzsche.

FREEMAN DYSON
R
E
E
M
A
N

D
Y
S
O
N

Pic related

Is it Ronald Hubbard as The One Above All?

John Von Neumann

Ok blackie, we all know how your kind have lowwer IQ and commit more violence everywhere.

The genius who conceptualized agriculture.

Just imagine.

>Grunk put seed in ground food come out
>Shut up Nuk me take your wife fuck her good
>Nuk wife say he no sexy he talk stuff
>Nuk you no good Grunk me fuck Grunk now

Later that night
>Grunk bully me life me show them me show them all.

Half a year later
>See Grunk the food come seed!
>Thanks Nuk me steal idea spread other tribe
>Nooo!!!!!!!!!!

And so began the universal constant why the discoverer of new science gets their idea stolen and the fraud gets the praise.

Missing David Foster Wallace, Adam Smith and Bob Dylan

The only correct answer.

This

Von Neumann, Gauss, and Ramanujan are all up there.
Hardy's famous story about Ramanujan, an autodidact Tamil brahmin who independently discovered many important mathematically theorems before learning about them and later made significant contributions of his own.

>"I remember once going to see him when he was ill at Putney. I had ridden in taxi cab number 1729 and remarked that the number seemed to me rather a dull one, and that I hoped it was not an unfavorable omen. "No," he replied, "it is a very interesting number; it is the smallest number expressible as the sum of two cubes in two different ways."

Off the top of his head.

I disagree, I think Isaac Newton was smarter than all of those candidates. The motherfucker invented calculus and his principia is so hardcore, that mathematicians today still struggle to read it and fail to comprehend what entire sections of the book even mean

People who it certainly isn't.
Hitler~
Caligula~
Drumpf~
OP~

>Drumpf

>>>/reddit/

>t. Buttdevastated Christfag

Wanna know how I know you're not on the list?

i am

Johann Sebastian Bach, and it's not even close.

No one cares faggot, go be a smug redditor elsewhere

You got conned by a rotting orange peel.

>Darwin is almost on par with Bill Nye and DeGrasse Tyson

>Einstein only great tier

>The Nobel Laureate Hans Bethe speculated: "I have sometimes wondered whether a brain like von Neumann's does not indicate a species superior to that of man".[17] Eugene Wigner wrote that, seeing von Neumann's mind at work, "one had the impression of a perfect instrument whose gears were machined to mesh accurately to a thousandth of an inch."[160] Paul Halmos states that "von Neumann's speed was awe-inspiring."[16] Israel Halperin said: "Keeping up with him was ... impossible. The feeling was you were on a tricycle chasing a racing car."[161] Edward Teller admitted that he "never could keep up with him".[162] Teller also said "von Neumann would carry on a conversation with my 3-year-old son, and the two of them would talk as equals, and I sometimes wondered if he used the same principle when he talked to the rest of us."[163] When George Dantzig brought von Neumann an unsolved problem in linear programming "as I would to an ordinary mortal", on which there had been no published literature, he was astonished when von Neumann said "Oh, that!", before offhandedly giving a lecture of over an hour, explaining how to solve the problem using the hitherto unconceived theory of duality.[164]
There's no comparison.

Surprisingly not bait, except the shitting on darwin and edison.

>her

>Curie in great tier
Nah

tes....la???? how is this even a question lol the man could pull shit perfectly out of his head, no blueprints no additional models, he discovered ways to utilize technology the common man still has never even contemplated. his trumps all other types of intelligence, he would've at least had humanity set up with free labor for everything