Does lots of money cure depression?

Does lots of money cure depression?

yes, because then someone will pretend to love you

No, but for me jerk off tree times a day do.

If you weren't happy before the money, you're going to even more miserable after when you realize people only talk to you because they want something or the thing you bought only brought you temporary happiness.

Not really.

SSRIs and therapy help, though. And money can help buy those if you live in a backward place that charges you for those like I do.

Ganbatte froggy-kun.

feels :(

Yes it does, because with enough money you can quit your job, and focus on friends, family, go to the gym, have vacations. Join a yacht club or Country club and meet people who aren't low lives. And if everything else has failed you can afford a shrink and ant depressants.

SSRIs don't help senpai. The whole serotonin thing appears to be a meme...

Daily cardio, healthy diet, healthy sleeping, avoiding alcohol and tobacco are a good starting point. Nothing cures it like time, making new friends and finding a loved one though. Good luck user.

>Daily cardio, healthy diet, healthy sleeping, avoiding alcohol and tobacco are a good starting point.

I already do all of that. Hasn't worked.

money is only good if everything is taken care of in your life.

I used to put alot of things I needed to get done to the side and only focus on making money. After awhile I would always feels stressed and depressed because I wasn't making money fast enough and i would have alot of things I needed to do.

I stopped trying to make money for a few weeks got caught up on alot of things I needed to get done and now I'm making money, stress free and happy because my mind is free.

It hasn't worked for me neither. But I thing it makes things less worse, maybe.

humans are social creatures whether u fags like it or not. if you have real friends, you won't be depressed.

Of course it does. Now buy SC

It depends on how much money you need to do your things. I never cared about money until I got married and had a kid. Now, the more money I have the happier I feel (because I need money to feed my family).

i hope so.

did you want a child at first or did it grow on you

I wanted a child. I spent the first 30 years of my life doing what I liked: traveling, getting a PhD, learning, hanging out with interesting people, etc. Money was never a concern until my kid was born. I was satisfied as long as I had a roof, some food, and a computer connected to the internet.

Money will come after you cure your depression.

No. You'll baseline to the same level once the initial rush wears off.

To conclude my autobiographical post:
Now that Im a grown man with kids, I need money. I wish I had started to invest earlier. Until 3 months ago I had all my money in a savings account. Had i invested my money 5 years ago id be much happier now.

So remember, while money might not make you happier now, you may need it in the future.

well that linkin park guy had all that and killed himself
>was vegan
>was sober for years
>has good friends
>has wife and kids
>still killed himself

no, money, love, healthy living, etc. doesn't kill depression. personally being someone from suffering depression as well, i'm just waiting for the world to end so that i can be truly happy.

If you are depressed because you are stressing out about living paycheck to paycheck on a soul crushing minimum wage job, having lots of money so you could have control over where you work (or if you would work at all) seems like it would cure it

It helps, because it gives you more freedom and more time to focus on things that make you feel better. Things that also help even though they might sound stupid: a dog, lots of attention to hygiene, a proper haircut, lifting, creating things, being in nature instead of in the concrete jungle.

No but it helps. It helps a lot but you still need to work on it.
My question is, why are you looking for a surrogate solution?
If you're goal is to not be depressed, then start remedying that. Change your thought processes, get out of negative environments and stop seeing negative people. Create self-hypnosis tapes that brainwashing you into avoiding pessimistic self-talk. Seek out new experiences.

Most importantly: work towards an actual goal that you can measure your progress towards so you have a small blip of light in your otherwise dark existence.

That's also because when you're famous, and therefore powerful, people don't want to help you out. Look at Amy Wienhouse and her drug addiction. Look at John Bonham. They're friends and colleagues just didn't interfere.

The other thing is, he was making crappy teenage pandering pop-music, I would kill myself if that was what I was famous for.

thats cuz, deep down inside, he was nothing more than your average Veeky Forums faggot

Finding a root cause and dealing with it does.

Former depressionfag here. Make some friends, get in shape, try some psychedelics, get a hobby. Most importantly, don't expect things to get better. Just take life as it comes without passing judgement on it. That's what worked for me, anyway.

yeah? well the nigger store called, and they're all out of you.

>Just take life as it comes without passing judgement on it.

Exactly this. My life is pretty much flipping completely upside down rn (losing money in shitcoins, about to get fired, dunno what the fuck im gonna do) but I just live , be present and look to make the next steps better than before.

no, but it'l help you be "free" to do what you enjoy most.

fun shit costs money after all. I just wanna not be a wagecuck, have a bit of land and some toys like boats and dirt bikes and shit

Yes
>get money
>buy lots of heroin
>overdose
>die happy

>try some psychedelics
Memey-ist advice out there

depression is just another word for boredom. rich people can stop finding things to do or look forward to. if you're a brainlet just get drugs prescribed to you.

Nothing cures depression

Even ssri's will spook you into believing something is wrong because nothing is wrong especially if you're prone to neuroticism so you'll stop taking them to be comforted by something wrong.

Nothing cures depression

No on my birthday in june I made over 15 grand when eth peaked that day and It was one of the worst and most depressing days of my life. I had barley 2 grand 7 months ago and was happier.

you ever seen someone be sad on a jet ski?

>Even ssri's will spook you into believing something is wrong because nothing is wrong especially if you're prone to neuroticism so you'll stop taking them to be comforted by something wrong.

rephrase please

As long as your money keeps going up.
Stagnation=depression
Losses=suicidal
Growth=content

that's me since i started trading cc