Did the Romanovs deserve it?

I would say that no one deserves to be violently murdered

certainly not deposed monarchs that rather haplessly allowed themselves to fall into this state

Nicholas II for sure, he wasn't known as *bloody* for nothing.

Whether they deserved to lose their power, you could genuinely argue either way, and I'd understand wanting to oust the Tsar (even though I like the guy).

But their awful murder was crossing the line. I wish Britain would have been able to take them in as exiles, but the eternal Paddy made sure that wouldn't happen.

I suppose one can't fault them for that, they can't but have done anything less. Those people always seem to have been kept at a level of desperation by Empire.

Well, you're certainly don't know why he was called "bloody"

I don't think so, like, maybe Nicky deserved death but his family didn't, much less a death so violent and nasty like the bolshnevik provided
A shame they never were punished for it

contra revolutionaries would have rallied to the romanovs. any romanov. so they had to go. shit sucks but they had a good 300 year run so at least that's something.

Because more Russians under his rule than under the rule of all previous Romanovs combined.

> maybe
There is no maybe. I am pretty sure that at least one Russian died because Nicky fucked up here and there. If people died because of you, nothing unjust in taking responsibility for that.

You are correct, but getting kidnapped and viciously murdered doesn't seem like taking responsibility

no. it's called being held responsible.

again, how so?
being held responsible is getting executed in public after declaring your mistakes as a monarch, and he wasn't murdered for being a shitty leader neither, he was murdered just out of fear that the royalty would find aid and recover the throne

Monarchs are glorified welfare whores and deserve to be executed.

Yes, the procedure of execution was shady as fuck and revolutions were the scum, but Nicky II got this coming. Monarch is a risky job, after all. His family was a true victim there. Him? Not so much.

This

yes

All the crying about the "poor Romanav girls" is a perfect example of "one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." People who have no problem claiming entire COUNTRIES "deserve" to get invaded (obviously involving massive loss of innocent lives, rapes, destroyed livelihoods, etc.) will suddenly get morally outraged about one family, just because they've seen pictures of them.

No dummy, return when you learn

die of a stroke secure in the knowledge you helped shape the world to the better?

iam Stalinist senpai

It doesn't matter if they deserved it. It was necessary. We do not apologise for revolutionary terror.

Then die in a puddle of your own juices.

You'd wish someone gunned down you in the basement, seriously

Nicholas deserved it for sure.

Friendly reminder that Stalin was a good boy and didn't kill any monarchs

Fun fact, Mihai is the last man on the planet who can wield most prestige Soviet medal.

>tfw no communist monarchy in your lifetime

>mfw there is communist monarchy in my lifetime

surviving a stroke is one of my biggest fears. but also i meant this gent

>North korea
>communist

Not even "true communism have never been tried" kind of guy but they really aren't.
As they currently are they are just autistic nationalist junta.

still undefeated tho

It's ok, once the world collapses and there is no authority we can make the most contradictory monarchies we want.

It's kinda reductionist to say that just because someone somewhere died because of Nicky that he deserved to be shot. That's kinda what being a leader is all about, you gotta make the tough decisions and sometimes people get left in the cold. You mourn for them, and you don't forget them, but some things have to be done.

>You mourn for them, and you don't forget them
what kind of benevolent dictator shit is this? you think the tzar of russia gave a fuck about striking workers getting killed?

this

That's the problem when you build up the Czar to be so extraordinary. The normal rules do not apply. A ruler ultimately has responsibility. If Russia had caved on Serbia like they did in the 90s, none of this shit would have happened.

> you gotta make the tough decisions
Nicholas II had the pathological aversion to tough decisions. Nicky was forced to sign Constitution, forced into Great War (and if he was not, blood is on his hands), and forced to give up The Crown in the end.

When they were killed they were already basically powerless and destitute. Seems senseless and cruel however you felt about the monarchy. Even some of the Bolsheviks found it hard to stomach.