A Better Monero?

Thoughts? Mostly curious due to the Monero thread and I didn't want to hijack it.

>inb4 stupid name
yeah I know

Other urls found in this thread:

globalhaloblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/vetting-alts-and-finding-moonshots/
moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is is more anonymous than being anonymous? Sounds redundant, probably another zcash.

Has staking claims, in wallet messaging, double spend proof transactions,can make all transactions private or open, masternode, infinite scalability....sorry I just watched a video and that's the takeaway I got.

Right now the entire dark web is demanding monero be the standard for DNMs

>Has a range of scammy "features" to open up attack vectors and points of failure

Even if PiVX was as good as Monero it couldn't overcome the network effect. It would be like Peercoin is to Bitcoin. Do you know what Peercoin is? No, and noobs 3 years from now won't know what PiVX is.

Good to know. For me its mostly investment so I'm not as aware of dealing on the DW

*Noobs won't know

just because no one knows what pivx is in 3 years, doesn't mean you can benefit from it

i doubt you even knew about crypto currencies back in 2010, boi

Yeah this was my worry as well. I just saw the lower entry price and watched a few videos but the technical stuff (as you say-points of failure) are a bit over my head.

The guy is asking about actual worth, not pump and dumpability.

Besides it's already pumped. If it was still a good time to buy there wouldn't be YouTube videos about it.

Yeah no doubt there are gains to be made...but I aim for long term on things in general.

Yeah the top two (possibly three) markets just got shut down by LE, and they used Bitcoin to track down the owner of alphabay (and possibly Hansa). The dark net is scared shitless right now and the general consensus is to only use monero

>proof of stake
lmao no. Its either going to be monero or zcoin. hedge your bets between those two. Monero has the popularity, zcoin has all the meme features

Monero is king of privacy, I've done my research on this and read all the papers of these 2 coins and their competitors (zcash, zcoin, dash).

Monero is the one that stands out, zcash is a close second. But PIVX has other things going for it such as instant transactions, well made wallet or outstanding marketing.

>a better monero

Lol no.

What does the PiV in pivx stand for?

>Bitcoin this easy to track
Seriously makes you wonder why it hasn't decreased in popularity yet. I'm not even talking about illegal activities strictly, but this kind of stuff should raise eyebrows for its viability as a business to business currency as well.

>zcoin has all the meme features
I hope monero wins out. It's open source and has been "done right" since the beginning with no private investors involved.

it's a dash clone, so it's good.
you can probably just buy dash though.

globalhaloblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/vetting-alts-and-finding-moonshots/

Have you heard of Google you faggot?

I dont. I cant support anyone who calls himself fluffy pony plus zcoin is at much better entry right now if it does get big

Anonymity was just one of the features of BTC, it was never the selling point. It just happens that at the time It was the best possible tool to use for illegal activity, but that wasn't Satoshi's intentions. BTC is just supposed to be a trustless, decentralized and autonomous way to store and transfer your money. It hasn't decreased in popularity yet because it proved itself to be the most trustable and stable coin over the course of 8 years.

Dash shouldn't be considered a privacy coin. I say this as a dash holder. Monero is the privacy coin. Dash certainly has other things going for it such as governance and a focus on payments and proven devs.

If pivx is just a dash clone, then it has nothing on Monero either

The guys behind zcash are top notch but I've always avoided it due to the corporate feel. I trust the autism behind monero more.

Dash - hedge against bitcoin not being used as P2P cash, good decentralised governance
Monero - the privacy coin, choice of the underworld
Zcash - backup for monero, use them both if paranoid
Pivx - lot of marketing, not a lot of substance

Penis in vagina

Monero has no competitors.
moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

>Zcash - backup for Monero, use them both if paranoid
No. Zcash's CEO wants Zcash to be "too traceable for criminals" as a feature. If you were paranoid you would not use Zcash at all.

>no competitors
XVG, my man.

It uses Bitcoin blockchain tech but tacks on Tor to obfuscate the IP initiating a transaction. This does approximately nothing to help privacy. And the paper on its website reads like it was written by a high schooler, including multiple factual errors.