Is Orthodox the most based branch of Christianity?

Is Orthodox the most based branch of Christianity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fvSwMpnm76I
oldenglishchurch.org.uk/pdf/What_is_the_difference_between_Orthodoxy_and_Other_Confessions.pdf
orthodoxinfo.com/
pravmir.com/
pravoslavie.ru/english/
orthodoxwiki.org/Main_Page
youtu.be/rACyNMX4LS8
archive.org/details/septuagintversio1900bren
archive.org/details/OCLXXTranslationOfTheGreekSeptuagintIntoEnglishBySirLancelotCharlesLeeBrenton1851ebible.org
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_the_Bible#Eastern_Orthodox
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon#Table
catholicbridge.com/orthodox/timeline_history_of_catholic_orthodox_relations.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Catholic_Churches
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's the most pathetic one by far.

Isn't that question pretty loaded?

Which Orthodox church is most patrician?

I'd say Syriac orthodox church

In the medieval sense of the word "base," yes.

As an Orthodox Christian and not just some alt-right faggot LARPer, I hate threads like these.

OP is Sodom and Gomorrah.

The Greek Orthodox preserve an older form of their liturgy probably the original. Jacobites do use Greek letters for vowels in their script which indicates the Greek influence.

Probably the two most exotic are Ethiopians and Assyrians.

If you're an Arab, definitely.

Thats not how you spell Lutheranism

Yes it is. I'm not even a Christian and the Orthodox aesthetic is obviously superior.

youtube.com/watch?v=fvSwMpnm76I

If by "base" you mean "animal", then yes.

Which Assyrians? They adhere to different churches

>Assyrians are predominantly Christian, mostly adhering to the East and West Syrian liturgical rites of Christianity.[44] The churches that constitute the East Syrian rite include the Assyrian Church of the East, Ancient Church of the East, and Chaldean Catholic Church, whose followers mostly speak the Northeastern branch of East Aramaic. Whereas the churches of the West Syrian rite, the Syriac Orthodox Church and Syriac Catholic Church, mostly speak the Central and Western branches.

Kekhard monastery is the gothiest. Kim and Yeezy went their together.

Church of the East

Orthodoxy is dying faster than Protestantism

Actually there is an Orthodox and Catholic revival in the Eastern bloc

Hello there

>yfw Russia Novaya

Why is it liked by the alt-right? Just curious, I was going to consider looking into it

Why the fuck do /pol/yps still say "based"

>Syriac orthodox church
>Can't even keep a tiny little annex in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre clean
>""""""patrician"""""""

The complete opposite

The Church has strong issues with Communism
and Islam.

The funny fact is that except the russian guys, the orthodox crowd is basically "brown": mediterranean, asian and african.

LOL no, it's growing everywhere.

Could you tell me a bit about the church? Like what its core beliefs are, and how they differ from Western beliefs?

oldenglishchurch.org.uk/pdf/What_is_the_difference_between_Orthodoxy_and_Other_Confessions.pdf

Also you have lots of information here:
orthodoxinfo.com/
pravmir.com/
pravoslavie.ru/english/
orthodoxwiki.org/Main_Page

Pic is, maybe, the best introductory book if you are interested.

ACOE and CCC are virtually the same as COE and come from it. All Malabar churches also come from it, splitting due to Portuguese intervention. Likewise CCC has become the majority. It's a sort of RCC vs. COE divide lasting until now. ACOE is more recent.

Just to clarify, CoE = Assyrian not ancient, shorter name is still COE

?

What's the best Orthodox bible out there? The Orthodox Study Bible just appears to be the NKJV with commentary.

Yeah I know but the problem with Catholicized churches is they begin to lose their uniqueness in tradition and start innovating as well.

This is an Syro-Malabar Church inauguration.
youtu.be/rACyNMX4LS8

It's the most cucked branch of Christianity.

Literally allowing a state to dictate you.

Maybe you should stop looking for a denomination specific bible and look for the best translation of the texts in the canon instead. Might have to use multiple versions though. Breton's Septuagint translation has been the standard for the longest and even the recent Orthodox translation is based on or influenced by it. A version with the apocrypha exists.

archive.org/details/septuagintversio1900bren
archive.org/details/OCLXXTranslationOfTheGreekSeptuagintIntoEnglishBySirLancelotCharlesLeeBrenton1851ebible.org

>Maybe you should stop looking for a denomination specific bible and look for the best translation of the texts in the canon instead

That's the point. Not everyone includes all the books.

Better than allowing a charismatic preacher to dictate you.

>Preacher preaches
Whoa, fuck, dude. Who knew religious clergy had to preach?

Meanwhile, in Orthodoxy.
>HURDURR DIS CHURCH SHOULD OBEY DA NETION STATE
>OMG PUBLIK POLICY DON LIKE YOUR MESSAGE CHANGE THE SUBJECT

What texts are different from the Catholic canon? Different Orthodox Churches have different canons. The Dead Sea Scrolls contained Psalms 151-4 and 5.

Nice strawman
How about
>Donate more so that you may be forgiven before the end times and I can go buy a Mercedes to go save more people with.

>Donate more so that you may be forgiven before the end times and I can go buy a Mercedes to go save more people with.
So the Russian Orthodox clergy?

Might be true I guess but I'd feel better donating money to a centuries old institution than to some random quack.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_the_Bible#Eastern_Orthodox

This shows all the differences.

It's substantial, which is why I was asking for an Orthodox bible to get it all in one volume.

All I see different with Catholic is Ezra which may be the same and 3 and 4 Maccabees.
This table shows even more differences.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon#Table

There probably aren't any versions other than the one you mentioned.

We wuz ancient wizards n shit!

Check out my double snake staff! Totally something Jesus and the apostles would have used! S-say our traditions!

What is the staff of Moses?

something jewish

Brainlet detected

Moses did not adhere to the teachings of the Sanhedrin.

but the sanhedrin adhered to the teachings of moses

So do Christians. What's your point?

that the snake scepter is a jewish tradition

So is sucking a ripped foreskin out of a baby's penis.

Nice wojak. Is that after he sucked blood from the foreskin of a baby?

Hm, makes sense.

It's the only branch of Christianity, the rest is heterodoxy

Hi

The "Orthodox Church" doesn't exist and never has.

catholicbridge.com/orthodox/timeline_history_of_catholic_orthodox_relations.php

the catholic church is also ethnoscismatic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Catholic_Churches

lol eat shit

>The Eastern Catholic Churches or Oriental Catholic Churches, also called the Eastern-rite Catholic Churches, Greek Catholic Churches, and in some historical cases Uniate Churches, are 23 Eastern Christian particular churches sui iuris in full communion with the Pope in Rome, as part of the worldwide Catholic Church.
>in full communion with the Pope in Rome, as part of the worldwide Catholic Church.
>in full communion with the Pope in Rome
>in full communion
>full communion

t.