Veeky Forums video game thread. This thread is for all games historical

Veeky Forums video game thread. This thread is for all games historical.

What campaigns/saves do you have going?

>playing computer games

is that way virgin

>Genuinely fucked 17 girls despite being in a 2 year relationship from May 2015 to February 2017
What's your excuse?

I have a wife and 2 kids

But before this thread gets deleted, any suggestions on who I should play next in Liquoria 2? I have HPM

KEKED BY FAMILY

>spending your time on a nepalese visual forum is better

Spain/russia

what's your excuse for genuinely being a literal piece of shit?

really because I made out with your mom

Multiplayer with the /gsg/ crew

That seems like the easiest way to get cancer

I have a cordoba campaign going in eu4, extended time line mod. Decided to take the opportunity to strike the current french power of Brittany while they were busy fighting the Danish, calling the Abbasid caliphate in as backup. Took. Nice chunk of southern France east up to languedoc.

Trying to shift religion from sunni Islam to khawarij islam for that dank +10% navy morale bonus as I intend to also be a colonizing naval power.

We have a discussion thread for grand strategy games on Veeky Forums already newfag-kun. Try not to post threads if another thread with the same topic already exists

I like Civ (4) the most, because you just can imagine all the historical details while the centuries pass. Better than this shitty world anyhow.

Playing HoI 4 as nazis, last save is called
>stabbed in the back by francojewish banksters day before moscow offensive

Who the fuck wants to go in the TW general when it's full of weeaboos?

I conquered all of Ireland as the Umayyads in AoC

I know it isn't very historical, but I've been playing Venice on Earth map in Civ5 and I gotta say, it really feels like I'm a merchant empire rather than a civilization.

The Ostrogoths and various small Balkan states are all that stands between my five armies and the Sassiniggers and their four. Their allies wield a lot of troops too

Show me your genital warts to prove it

What's this game? HoI/EU or something else?

Attila: Total War

>that bloom
how can you play like that?

You have 3 options on Veeky Forums:
-Wargame thread where people post Communist shit and bitch about Eugen
-Total War thread where people post Warhammer shit and talk about Creative Assembly
-Grand Strategy thread where people post Deus Vult shit and talk about Paradox

Wargame and GSG are especially harsh - they claim to welcome other games but good luck actually getting anyone to talk about, oh I dunno, Unity of Command or something in there.

Playing Crusader Kings 2. Pretty new to it. Playing as Bohemia which is pretty comfy

How do I git gud at the marriage mechanics? No idea how to inherit claims

This browser game is actually very Veeky Forumstorical. Except for the part where kings are elected. Also its a gold farming game in the beginning (since you're a peasant scrounging by) but the good news is, in late game you can be immersed in deeper game mechanics like war and politics. It has an active playerbase as well. I would check it out sometime.

doing a sassanyd campaign to get used to Attila, the same way i did when i first played BI
the economy is so easy in this faction but i struggle with things like public order and the faction and politics thing
after im done with the vanilla campaign im gonna do Ancient Empires and Medieval Kingdoms mod, and probably Reconquista in age of charlemagne

>sassy kids

attila lol

GEM is shit and you should feel bad for using that crime of a mod.

Currently doing speed runs on last scenario of William Wallace campaign. So much fun

Isn't that the tutorial campaign? That scenario was fun though

Fuck, I wanna play AoE2 now. But my laptop's mouse broke and there's no way I'm playing a RTS with a trackpad

i find there are two options for growing big through inheritance in ckii, one is quick and one is a lot slower:

the quick way needs you to actually get involved with a claimant. for sake of example, lets say the title you target is an agnatic-cognatic primogeniture. if so, the second and third oldest brother (or sisters if only women or few males in general) to the current ruler have strong claims. as a result, they hate their liege and really wishes claims to be pressed, meaning you can easily invite and get a consequence-free marriage. this includes a matrilinear , if you play as a woman.

now, unless youre lucky, you have a weak claiming sister of the ruler. you can only press her claim if certain requirements are fulfilled. the easiest way is to make her the second or third in line, which means purging killing all her sisters and brothers. if you hover over the coat if srms, you can see where she is in the succession, and judge who needs to die to make her 1/2. at that point, she is second in line for the throneyou press the claim, and you win the war.

secure an alliance with your new wife-queen to protect her from angry vassal uprisings. then, you need your dynasty to inherit her, so you have to make babies. if she is childless, the title will pass to one of her remaining sisters, her nephews and nieces and finally just any kinsman that will fit. if you have a child of your dynasty with her, the title will go to him, and then back to you as the father (if the queen dies, which you want).

this quick way works best if she is your first and only wife, and you either have matching succession laws or one that allows you to essentially pick the heir. this has gone wrong for me in the past, as im either caught killing family memebers of the queen-wife, or she dies/abdicates without kids of your dynasty

the slower method doesnt involve a war, and is useful for inheriting big realms,like the byzantine. ill put it into words later.

Yeah the last one is a full game though with the objective of raising an English castle. Its perfect for speed runs, u rush a bit of tech and pull everything villagers and all into a death ball and march on the English dogs! You can run it from aok demo disc so its widely accessible by anyone with a screen keyboard and a mouse.

What game?

pretty sure its Total War Attila

What is the best and most accurate Total war game?
Medieval 2 is fun but isn't too realistic and the actual combat isn't great, i usually defeat enemies of any size by distracting them with a single cavalry group that never actually causes damage but just runs.

Yeah ik its so annoying when this anime website is filled with weeaboos

Attila is the most mechanically depthful, for sure, but it's not super accurate. You can download the Fall of the Eagles mod though which makes it super accurate, at least in regards to how the units look.

They haven't done the Celtic or Nordic factions yet unfortunately but they're making slow progress.

WHEN THE FUCK IS MEDIEVAL KINGDOMS 1212 GOING TO COME OUT
IT'S BEEN FUCKING MONTHS AND WE HAVE NO NEWS ABOUT IT COMING OUT SOON

dude, it's out right now...

doing a catholic byzzie game in Ck2, started in 769

right now I'm in 820, conquered all the balkans and vassalised the pope, so far so good, also the HRE will never exist, Charlemagne died before conquering saxony and lombardy

>tfw no good RTS games set in ancient times
Now don't get me wrong, I grew up with AoE 1 and love it to death but it's clunky as hell. 0 AD seems promising but will be finished in 2030 by the looks of it.

Playing as the Fengtian Republic of China in Kaiserreich (alternate history but whatever)

>HoI4

Same, I want the campaign mode so badly, it hurts.

I played this shit years ago, became a council member and shit but the player base mostly consisted of autistic LARPers who prefered the most godawful fanfic RPs on the forum above the actual gameplay itself.