Let's settle this once and for all

Let's settle this once and for all. Was "Aryan" a term used by all Indo-Europeans or just the Iranic/Indo-Aryan branch?

Tajik dude here, this is triggering the fuck out of me. Tell me now. What is truth and what is lie?

Two conflicting points of view:

google.com/amp/s/mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/will-some-one-tell-the-white-supremacists-to-stop-using-the-word-aryan-incorrectly/amp/

theneworder.org/about/love-your-race/aryan-is-the-correct-and-proper-name-of-our-race/

I subscribe to the beliefs of the first link. The second is what /pol/ preaches. Although I'm inclined not to believe the stormfags, they do cite things such as Herodotus using the term "Aryan" in 450BC. Is it bullshit or are they on to something?

Please, /pol/, for the sake of truth, do not shit up this thread. I encourage everyone here regardless of what you believe to REQUEST A SOURCE FROM EACH AND EVERY REPLY. It will clear a fuckton of things up.

Other urls found in this thread:

perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0126:book=7:chapter=62
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitanni-Aryan
iranchamber.com/geography/articles/persia_became_iran.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aryan is a self-designation by Iranian and Indian people, no non-Indo-Iranian has ever called themselves an Aryan but in the early days of comparative linguistics it was "assumed" that the term was used in ancient times by all IE people, and it was for a time a synonym for Indo-Europeans, but in modern times it's not used outside it's linguistic sense.

In regards to the Herodotus thing, I found this on some old forum stating Herodotus was only talking about the Medes, who were Iranians. The Median Empire though did stretch into Anatolia which could somewhat explain the stormfag's retardation. Oh, and idk how to source "Book 7.62.1" but if you know what that means please enlighten me.

Aryan is no good (it applies to a specific people) but Indo-European is no good either (they leave out the Iranian branch. Properly it should be Indo-Iranic-European). IMO Japhetic would have been the best name for the Indo-European of languages and people just as Hamitic would have been the best name for the Afro-Asiatic languages and people.

Who the fuck call themselves aryan if not iranians (which means aryan)?

Probably some of those old tribes but really no one, even during greek times, SPECIALLY in Europe call themselves aryan or something similar to that.

I don't know why it has been merged with the nordicism theory. That shit ruined everything.

If the Indo-European invasion/migration is true and they "wiped out" the indigenous european people long time ago then they you could call them aryans although this would be the same as calling the indigenous people of America (the continent) "soloutreans".

IMO that's wrong. Fucking germans Indogermanisch instead of Indoeuropean which just makes everything worse.

And even worse is if you think this is a race or something since "race" is extremely difficult to define even in antiquity. Were sarmatians, alans, greeks and romans from a single race?

holy crap I wrote that in broken english I should get more sleep

perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0126:book=7:chapter=62
>The Medes in the army were equipped like the Persians; indeed, that fashion of armor is Median, not Persian. Their commander was Tigranes, an Achaemenid. The Medes were formerly called by everyone Arians,1 but when the Colchian woman Medea came from Athens to the Arians they changed their name, like the Persians. This is the Medes' own account of themselves. [2] The Cissians in the army were equipped like the Persians, but they wore turbans instead of caps. Their commander was Anaphes son of Otanes. The Hyrcanians2 were armed like the Persians; their leader was Megapanus, who was afterwards the governor of Babylon.

>Who the fuck call themselves aryan if not iranians (which means aryan)?

Indians used the term too in ancient times, and various people in Afghanistan are also Aryans. Presumably the Mittanni were also Aryan, but we only have one book written in Hanigalblat and it's about breeding horses for chariots.

Did the Mittanni called themselves Aryan?
Some afghans also?

I know that "calling themselves" and "being" is different but at least it makes shit easier.

>I know that "calling themselves" and "being" is different

Not when it come to demonyms it isn't.

>Did the Mittanni called themselves Aryan?

As I said we don't what they called themselves, however they came from the same indo-iranian stock as the Persians and Indians so if I had to guess I'd say they probably did.

>Mittanni
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitanni-Aryan

Persians named their nation Iran because they were influenced by the "aryan myth", not because they're "aryan".

iranchamber.com/geography/articles/persia_became_iran.php

>In 1935 the Iranian government requested those countries which it had diplomatic relations with, to call Persia "Iran," which is the name of the country in Persian.

The suggestion for the change is said to have come from the Iranian ambassador to Germany, who came under the influence of the Nazis. At the time Germany was in the grip of racial fever and cultivated good relations with nations of "Aryan" blood. It is said that some German friends of the ambassador persuaded him that, as with the advent of Reza Shah, Persia had turned a new leaf in its history and had freed itself from the pernicious influences of Britain and Russia, whose interventions in Persian affairs had practically crippled the country under the Qajars, it was only fitting that the country be called by its own name, "Iran." This would not only signal a new beginning and bring home to the world the new era in Iranian history, but would also signify the Aryan race of its population, as "Iran" is a cognate of "Aryan" and derived from it.

The irish have words for aryan, and their country's name literally means "aryan".
Their haplogroups matches the first indo european yamnya invaders from the east.

This is totally wrong. Eire =/= Aryan.

This is what happened.

R1B groups were in South Europe, perhaps even North Africa at the last Ice Age, they moved up as the Ice retreated, they were in the Balkans and Middle East. From the Balkans they migrated into the Pontic Steppe.

R1A was in India at the last LGM (Last Glacial Maximum), they migrated north into the Pontic Steppe.

Both groups met and formed the PIE(Proto Indo European) languages on the Steppe, then they made back migrations into Europe and India from the Steppes bringing with them horses and advanced metallurgy.

Indo-European evolved on the Steppes and back migrated to where they originally came from with new DNA admixture.

In Western Europe they became the Bell Beakers absorbing the original Bell Beaker culture, but not mixing with them. These Beakers then settle around North West Europe and eventually settled in South Europe once again, only this time with different admixture from the Steppes.

The confusion is the BACK MIGRATIONS of R1A across the Steppes and into India.

Are you saying that the aryan master race is the result of serbs race mixing with poos?

R1B was in North Africa and Southern Europe around 15,000 years ago.

No, Indians have practiced inbreeding for the last 2000 years, also they have been overrun with Turks, so they look different now than they did 10000 years ago, or even 5000 years ago.

India was R1A's LGM Refugium.

What else is confusing everyone is; Mountains are caused by ICE and WATER.

> also volcanic, this is also caused by pressure from water and ice.

Aryan used by whites comes from the Celtic Aryos it's has nothing to do with the Indo-Iranian Arya

>Persians named their nation Iran because they were influenced by the "aryan myth", not because they're "aryan".
>In 1935 the Iranian government requested those countries which it had diplomatic relations with, to call Persia "Iran," which is the name of the country in Persian.

They've always called their country Iran you moron. They just requested that the international community also used the name, rather than the name of the province with the ancient capital, Pars.

WHAT'S THE FUCKING BIG DEAL IF YOU'RE AN ARYAN OR NOT

you're all still UGLY AND POOR, BEING AN ARYAN WILL NOT MAKE YOU DAM RICH, RETARDS, WAKE UP

>I am Darius the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage.

This was written 2500 years ago